• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager Ledge Stall(Video)

Weavile's Wrath

Smash Apprentice
I am most certainly not the first person to see this, but when the Villager rides his side b into a wall, he gets a small amount of vertical momentum. This can be useful for a safer way to get back to the ledge than up b,but other than that, I don't think it has many applications. It does give more vertical height than when you manually dismount.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aKSa_ghZpvc

Last edited:
This looks a lot like Peach's stalling technique from Melee

Actually, this is pretty much identical to Peach's stalling technique from melee. Really interesting find yo

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
A different way maybe more practical way would be this

Villager edge guard stall: http://youtu.be/KaGnw2_jFKE

Won't be maiming villager but i saw this thread and thought to try this

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
That edge guard stall variant you just posted looks like it would take too long to be reliable in a heated match. I suppose leaving the Gyroid in the path of characters approaching towards or under your ledge would make for some tricky knockback, especially at higher percentages.

Definitely going to see what I can do with this little technique.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Personally, for a ledge stall I'd rather just hop and slingshot, cuz it also serves to annoy the opponent, but the latter tech of sending the gyroid flying back and backflipping onto the ledge is pretty cool.

Top Bottom