• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager in the 1.0.8 update.

Volya

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheVolya
Idk if this thread is official or not, i just don't see any thread about the patch atm so i just make this one.

I tested the entire basic moveset of villager with a friend between 1.0.7 and 1.0.8.
The only change is his downthrow : it does 6% instead of 4%.
I wasn't able to test knockback stuff, but PLEASE don't ****ing say stuff like "bair feels to have less knockback". We don't care about feels, we need PROOF. Video of two Smash wii u runing with one with the update and one with the previous version and compare exactly.

(Btw just lil not about the new stages : Miiverse is cool but it's not as good as Battlefield because of the large plateform. I wasn't able to test Dreamland 64 yet but it feels like the best stage for villager so far.)

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
UpB has been nerfed. It's more like ROB's now where you can't use it for full heigh at all times. Don't believe me, go on any stage and mash upB. Land, then do it again. You barely go half the distance the second time.

Volya

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheVolya
That's not new, it's here since the first version of the game. (and funnily enough everytime there's a patch, people say that)

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
That's not new, it's here since the first version of the game. (and funnily enough everytime there's a patch, people say that)
oh lol, sorry. good to know

FoGxTempest

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5301-0711-4669
UpB has been nerfed. It's more like ROB's now where you can't use it for full heigh at all times. Don't believe me, go on any stage and mash upB. Land, then do it again. You barely go half the distance the second time.
They nerfed sackboy too

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
The DThrow change is likely a nerf unless they reduced the endlag. Sounds like you're likely to get punished for using it now.

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
The DThrow change is likely a nerf unless they reduced the endlag. Sounds like you're likely to get punished for using it now.
Why would it be a nerf?
It was only changed by 2%, from 4%-6%.

Cookie_Aroma

Smash Cadet
The D-throw does have noticeably less ending lag. (tested side-by-side with 2 3DS's)

Other throws seem unchanged speed-wise or damage-wise.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
All percent changes!

Dair - Unchanged

Nair - Unchanged

Uair - Unchanged

Fair - Unchanged

Bair - Unchanged

Jab - Unchanged

Ftilt - Unchanged

Dtilt - Unchanged

Utilt - Unchanged

Fsmash - Unchanged

Usmash - Unchanged

Dsmash - Unchanged

Loid - Unchanged

Timber!!!!! - Unchanged

Wood Chip - Unchanged (Somehow)

Dash Attack - Unchanged

Pushy Loid - Overall damage buffed to 12%. (Yay!)

Xtreme Balloon Trip - Unchanged

Slippy Trip Weed - Unchanged

Super Timber - Unchanged

Liftoff loid - Unchanged

Pummel - Unchanged

Uthrow - Unchanged

Dthrow - Buffed to 6% (Lmao like that's gonna make a difference)

Fthrow - Unchanged

Uthrow - Unchanged

Balloon High Jump - Unchanged

Garden - Unchanged

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Why would it be a nerf?
It was only changed by 2%, from 4%-6%.
I'm probably overreacting (I haven't had a chance to download the patch) but typically reduced damage means reduced knockback. I suspect the change was intended to help make it a combo throw but it has too little hitstun and too much endlag for it to work like that.

Edit: the passive Lloid Explosion always did 12%, AnchorTea. But Pushy Lloid dealing 12% if all hits connect is a buff if I remember correctly. Throwing the wood chip also only did 3%.

Last edited:

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
I'm probably overreacting (I haven't had a chance to download the patch) but typically reduced damage means reduced knockback. I suspect the change was intended to help make it a combo throw but it has too little hitstun and too much endlag for it to work like that.

Edit: the passive Lloid Explosion always did 12%, AnchorTea. But Pushy Lloid dealing 12% if all hits connect is a buff if I remember correctly. Throwing the wood chip also only did 3%.
It's not reduced damage.
It was 4%, now its 6%.
Its a 2% increase.

No no, I can confirm that Balloon Trip was nerfed. The decay on travel distance on consecutive trips wasn't anywhere NEARLY as severe as it is now. On the upside, it SEEMS like you can regain lift much more easily than before. Like, you know how before, if you stopped mashing B and fell too low, now amount of mashing could lift you up again? That doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Also just played around with it now and DTHROW TRUE COMBOS INTO SLINGSHOTS NOW plus it might have reduced endlag, I'll have to check that out

Last edited:

shadowdude

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if it did it before,but you can true combo a side tilt or down tilt out of down throw at 0% now

Skydra

Smash Cadet
Is anyone testing Dthrow combos with previous version? Someone claimed that Dthrow to Fair is now a true combo, and I'm feeling like Dthrow-Uair is easier but don't have a previous version to check.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Over 100 trees chopped in a specific area and not a single evidence of One-Chop. Looks like it's forever gone... *Tear slowly falls off*

Last edited:

Tusca

Smash Rookie
Wasn't the one-chop already gone?

Videos of some dthrow combos?

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
UpB wasn't nerfed.

Last edited:

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure, but does the grab actually have less startup lag? I have no access to a pre-patch version of Smash U, so I can't check it.

edit: I guess no, startup still the same.

Last edited:

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Could Villager always control the speed of the Lloyd Rocket when he was riding it...?

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
UpB wasn't nerfed.
I lied.
Seems to have a decay, but I can make it to the ledge from near blast zone like 4 times before Villager drops his balloons, and when villager dropped it he still reached ledge.
Shouldn't be a problem.

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
I lied.
Seems to have a decay, but I can make it to the ledge from near blast zone like 4 times before Villager drops his balloons, and when villager dropped it he still reached ledge.
Shouldn't be a problem.
kind of sad how i dont even main villager yet I posted this and you villager MAINS told me that it was like this the whole time.
might want to start testing before saying this.

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
kind of sad how i dont even main villager yet I posted this and you villager MAINS told me that it was like this the whole time.
might want to start testing before saying this.
Sorry, was busy playing the new DLC characters. Hadn't checked much on Villager until just today where I spent a few hours seeing if anything changed. Loving DThrow to dtilt and DThrow to SH Axe.
Honestly, I thought you were talking about a different thing where the balloons could pop almost instantly based on how you land and when used right after landing it could pop immediately after.
That's what I ASSUMED people were talking about.
Next time I'll do some testing before assuming things, sorry again:4villagerf:

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I have another question. Could it be that the hitboxes from Up-tilt have changed a little bit? I'm not sure but something felt weird. Maybe it's just placebo but I felt it sometimes doesn't hit anymore where it has hit before the patch.

Last edited:

Comet Knight

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ben.Y32
3DS FC
2208-6123-2254
Well... First thing I will say is I don't post all to much but I'm always lurking, I'd love to get to know you guys and help out our village here.
Anyways, I tested out our down throw. And we have a hoo hah, we need a name for it (the ROBs have Bee Boop). Also from from I can tell it stops becoming a true combo at around 65% on Mario in Training Mode. When grabbing at 0% our combo options are dtilt, ftilt, and nair. At 15% Up air, nair and upsmash(not guaranteed but good mixup). 30% - nair, fair, upsmash(NG), upair. 45% fair, nair, upair (Mix up/ air dodge predictions). 60% - 80% up air. Doesn't seem to work past 80%. Dair can also be a mix up until 55% but isn't guaranteed.

Hope this info helps :)

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Am I the only one who's kinda surprised that Villager got a pretty serious buff? I mean it's still really hard to get a grab, but now there's way more reward to it. And we all know that the Up b nerf isn't really a problem.

Edit: Also the "hoo ha" is really hard to get with Villager. At least on my 3DS. I think it only works at very specific percentages. We'll have to do a lot of testing to solidify when it works. Although dthrow to fair is really easy(and satisfying :>).

Last edited:

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Well... First thing I will say is I don't post all to much but I'm always lurking, I'd love to get to know you guys and help out our village here.
Anyways, I tested out our down throw. And we have a hoo hah, we need a name for it (the ROBs have Bee Boop). Also from from I can tell it stops becoming a true combo at around 65% on Mario in Training Mode. When grabbing at 0% our combo options are dtilt, ftilt, and nair. At 15% Up air, nair and upsmash(not guaranteed but good mixup). 30% - nair, fair, upsmash(NG), upair. 45% fair, nair, upair (Mix up/ air dodge predictions). 60% - 80% up air. Doesn't seem to work past 80%. Dair can also be a mix up until 55% but isn't guaranteed.

Hope this info helps :)
Standing Axe, SH Axe, and Full hop Axe are all true until 50ish on most.
Any ideas on our Hoo hah name? :4villagerf:

Last edited:

Tommy - S.N.

http://i.imgur.com/QAKFpPF.gif <--- DAZ ME :]]]
NNID
TheTommy10200
Standing Axe, SH Axe, and Full hop Axe are all true until 50ish on most.
Any ideas on our Hoo hah name? :4villagerf:
Net Debt? (It's harder to name it after a sound since Villager doesn't talk and Net Debt makes sense... Net (Butterfly Net) then Debt (When we never get a triple turnip))

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
It's not reduced damage.
It was 4%, now its 6%.
Its a 2% increase.
My bad, for some reason I thought it went from 6% to 4%. Yeah, DThrow is fun now.

I suspect DThrow to DTilt only works on fastfallers or if the opponent DIs down, the trajectory isn't right for it to hit consistently unless I'm missing something.

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Net Debt? (It's harder to name it after a sound since Villager doesn't talk and Net Debt makes sense... Net (Butterfly Net) then Debt (When we never get a triple turnip))
NET
DEBT!

I'll roll with it

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
How about Net Nip? Net for the grab, and nip is shorthand for turnip!

Equi

Smash Ace
Good to know that we have a combo throw now. From what I've hears for the recovery nerf isn't anything substantial or it hasn't affected anyone's games too much (as of yet.)

I heard that Villager's fsmash knockback was nerfed on the ground though. Is this true?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Net Combos!!! :surprised:

Why not name our Hoo Hah "Sea Bass"?

Since it'll possibly be such a bread-butter in low percents we might as well name it after most common catchaeble in AC.

Tommy - S.N.

http://i.imgur.com/QAKFpPF.gif <--- DAZ ME :]]]
NNID
TheTommy10200
If Wario had a Hoo Hah, I bet you it would be Wah Hah... its so easy for characters that make sound!

Top Bottom