• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager 1.04 patch changes

zeezee

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-0319-8479
Anyone have anything yet? I've been testing some stuff out and it seems you can no longer do the villager lloyd rocket ledge glitch that allowed you to kill players at extremely low percents if you held forward b on the ledge as it instantly exploded.

Counter tree's leaf still seems to be the same and amazing as ever.

Anyone else find anything?

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
I'm looking around and it seems we're actually pretty safe. I guess it's because Villager is just good overall and doesn't have anything outstandingly unbalanced?

Someone please check to see if pocket refreshing is still in though- that saves our hides when fighting Diddy and Bowser Jr.

Zurangatang

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zurangatang
Anyone have anything yet? I've been testing some stuff out and it seems you can no longer do the villager lloyd rocket ledge glitch that allowed you to kill players at extremely low percents if you held forward b on the ledge as it instantly exploded.

Counter tree's leaf still seems to be the same and amazing as ever.

Anyone else find anything?
What does the lloyd rocket on ledge do now?

zeezee

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-0319-8479
What does the lloyd rocket on ledge do now?
Just normal knockback. Killed jigglypuff at like 90s or something cant remember but back then it would have probably been able to always 0HKO her.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I'm gonna try out Villager later and see if anything feels off.

I wonder if Villager can still OHKO Mario and the Doc by riding Lloid into the cape.

Last edited:

Peridot

Smash Rookie
Seems like they put some sort of cooldown on the balloons. Someone tested it in 1.03 and said they could get to the top of the screen multiple times, but with the update it cancels much earlier if you try to use it constantly on the stage. Doesn't really seem to be much of a hindrance to floating back on stage though. Other than that and the Lloid glitch, I don't think anything else got touched.

I'm gonna try out Villager later and see if anything feels off.

I wonder if Villager can still OHKO Mario and the Doc by riding Lloid into the cape.
How did this happen? The few times I made the mistake of riding lloid into a cape I'd just get sent away and blown up if I didn't eject.

Seems like they put some sort of cooldown on the balloons. Someone tested it in 1.03 and said they could get to the top of the screen multiple times, but with the update it cancels much earlier if you try to use it constantly on the stage. Doesn't really seem to be much of a hindrance to floating back on stage though. Other than that and the Lloid glitch, I don't think anything else got touched.
Balloons have always seemed sort of iffy to me. I've had the trip end prematurely much MUCH more often with Extreme Balloons when abusing them onstage, but never with standard balloons. If they did end up changing that though I don't think it'll be much of a hindrance anyway since you never have a reason to ride your balloons into the air from the stage, and most of the time you want extreme balloons close to the ground (except ofc if you're trying to go for a KO off of the upper blastline).

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but here goes. Villagers Gyroid actually detonates when someone hits it. Before, it will only detonate when it hits someone, wall, or when their time is up.

Volya

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheVolya
I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but here goes. Villagers Gyroid actually detonates when someone hits it. Before, it will only detonate when it hits someone, wall, or when their time is up.
Untrue, i can't find it atm, but there's a video of a villager "cancelling" opponent's attack with the gyroid.
I also used to do that before 1.0.4

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Tested and confirmed: Using Baloons in rapid succession will decrease their effectivity.

HOWEVER, note that while by the 5th consecutive time it will only lift you up a TINY little bit, this is NOT that bad

First time you use it, it lasts around 5 seconds

Second time, it lasts 4

That's how far I counted.

But by the 5th time it only lasted 1.

So roughly, without much of an interval in between, each time you use balloons, you will get 1 second less to use them.

Lloid has always behaved like this.

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Using lloid in the air feels like it goes straight down faster now instead of going straight forward. Looks like it has a small speed increase too, but that might just be my imagination lol.

Not quite.

At least, if Villager is riding it, it can eat up fully charged Samus shots.
Standard lloid has 12% HP. During its initial setup phase (before it has started to move, the time during which Villager can hop on), it will not be detonated until its HP is depleted (hits are cumulative). After it has begun to move, any attack and projectile will detonate it, except for standard Star Bits, Floaty Star Bit, standard FLUDD, High Pressure FLUDD, and Fox's standard Blaster (which will detonate it after dealing enough damage)(I think that's the entire list).

I'm pretty sure the same mechanics apply when being ridden, in terms of HP. I've fired a fully charged Charge Shot to hit only the Villager, only the rocket, and both the Villager and the rocket at once. The rocket was detonated every time it was hit so idk how you've done it so that you power through something like that

Fudgenuggets

Smash Rookie
NNID
Fudgenuggets
3DS FC
3609-1364-2981
So I was just doing some testing with Villager and his air attacks. Is it me or does he get one turnip less often? Maybe I'm just imagining things?

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Have you guys seen this from the community patch notes thread?

- Fair distant hit damage increased to 4% from 3%
- Bair distant hit damage increased to 5% from 3%
- Riding Lloid Rocket (side B)'s damage decreased to 16% from 17%
- Void Reflector no longer kills Villager's tree
- Usmash knockback increased, killing at 128% from 140%
I'm super hyped for the earlier Up Smash kills!

Ryota

Smash Rookie
Every change listed there, aside from USmash's knockback, is false.
And maybe the void reflector thing. Can't really test it without having to unlock the custom move and I don't have time for that.

MrJOENeil

Smash Rookie
Yeah all that stuff is true, but idk about the Void reflector bc idk what that is.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Every change listed there, aside from USmash's knockback, is false.
And maybe the void reflector thing. Can't really test it without having to unlock the custom move and I don't have time for that.
Actually I Tested This the slingshot did get buffed
EDIT same goes for the Lloyd
EDIT 2 I got confirmation from Thinkaman that slingshot has been at those damages sorry guys:(

Last edited:

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Nooooo! ;_; I got soooo happy for a second that slingshot got buffed. RIP my hopes and dreams.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Nooooo! ;_; I got soooo happy for a second that slingshot got buffed. RIP my hopes and dreams.
Think about it this way: the slingshot didn't get buffed it was already really freaking good

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Is it just me, or is getting the one-chop tree ALOT easier? I've been getting it numerous times on accident but pre-patch I couldn't get it once even while trying.

Think about it this way: the slingshot didn't get buffed it was already really freaking good
Yeah, true :)

MrJOENeil

Smash Rookie
Is it just me, or is getting the one-chop tree ALOT easier? I've been getting it numerous times on accident but pre-patch I couldn't get it once even while trying.

i can never get one chop tree, it just doesnt work for me lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom