• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vids of my Mewtwo

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Last weekend I got some games against my friend recorded. Please comment/criticize!:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcy-IoYWZts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpjMUXgc8pw

Also, here's a quick self-critique so you know what I'm working on ATM.

-More sweetspotted teleports: I usually associate being on the ledge with being at a disadvantage, so most of the time I try to teleport back to the stage rather than the ledge. Sweetspotted teleports would of really helped though, seeing as how I teleported into quite a few hits -.-

-More wavedashes, quicker wavedashes: Probably should have used some more wavedancing or such to approach

-Spamming disable: If disable misses the first time, I tend to try it two or three more times. That's a very punishable habit I need to break.

Bungalobill3

Smash Rookie
I am not a great player, so I won't give you very indepth advice because it might mess you up, but there were some obvoius things that you could have done.

One is that you dash attack isn't very good. Don't spam it. Also, you were wavedashing almost straight into the ground some of the time. Almost all of the time you were probably holding your controlstick at a forty-five degree angle. Mewtwo has a long wavedash that is important to learn how to use.

G&W has a really bad roll and a really bad shield. It will only take one or two d-tilts before one slips under it. Also, G&W has a bad roll. It is easier to punish with a long wavedash, but you should be able to get in there. I am not really sure of the frame data, but I believe that G&W is vulnerable for almost half of his roll.

On Falcon I don't have much adice because nobody that I know plays "spandex man." However, at zero percent, you should be able to up throw> nair ff> then regrab if he doesn't manage to get out of it.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Thanks for the advice =). And yeah, some of the time I was actually going for the shorter wavedash, some of the time it was a messed up long wavedash.

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's good to see another aspiring Mewtwo player. First things first, you need to master Mewtwo's movement. You seem to play in short bursts, and don't really have control over his wavedash. Learn to do a perfect WD, it'll take you pretty far. Your DJC seem a little slow, especially in the match with Falcon. Props for the DJC Shadow claw though, those were perfect >=]

Attackwise, I suggest using the N-Air more. It's a great attack to interrupt your opponent and it does loads of damage. Work on juggling, especially fast-fallers. You also need to work on those grabs. I saw you do the JC grab, which is good. Practice until you can do it consistently, I saw a couple of instances where you didn't use it. Didn't see much D-throw to tech-chase action due to lack of grabs too. I like the way you use Disable, but after the first miss, don't do it again for a while. Oh, good job on using Shadow Ball properly, keep it up.

quak

Smash Champion
you need to play FASTER, get the wd's, shuffling, all that **** down.

Good with the DJC, but you're not L canceling

against this c.falcon, you should be comboing him like crazy. Your opponent has zero speed for that charactor. Fairs, upair, d-tilts, grabs all are great to get them started.
In the opening, you got the upthrow to upair, but you didn't shuffle it. Once you get that down, you can upthrow, shuffl upair, d-tilt, grab easily.

If you are going to leap of the ledge, and punch in a kill by edgegaurding, be backwards so you can bair, that's why you got 'catholic churched' instead of getting the kill. Some occasions you can just d-smash, or ledge hog against c falcon

Again your pretty slow, but keep playing and things will naturally speed up.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
a short quick tip.

mewtwo has many edgeguarding options

against cfalcon. dont intercept. just stand by the ledge and Dsmash, works like magic. <3
if they UpB over you, turn around and Bthrow them.

and yes.. i emphasize quak's response on movement.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Thanks for the tips everyone, I'll try to incorporate them into my game and hopefully get some new and improved vids this weekend.

@ Airo: Yeah, we'd played several games before where I'd just stand there and dsmash to edgeguard, so I decided to try something new. Apparently didn't work out XD

Kep

Smash Rookie
Quite good, but I can't really add any advice to what others already said.
Falcon should knee more.
G&W should taunt more. A lot more.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
To Mewtwo: Be careful where you teleport to. I've seen many times where it looked like you teleported right into your opponent's attack. Also, if playing against a very light, floaty character like g+w, up-throw more. Especially on Yoshi's Story, where he should be dead really fast. Take advantage of openings that your opponent left for you on a silver platter, such as when your opponent rolls.

Would you like me to comment on your friend too?

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
To G+W/CF player: Stick with G+W. Your CF needs a lot of work... With G+W, never, ever, under any circumstances press down b in a 1 v. 1, unless you are playing against a Ness that is stupid enough to give you 3 fully charged PK flashes. Mewtwo and Samus can punish you far too easily for it, and for anyone else that has projectiles that can fill the bucket, you are far better off doing almost any other attack he has, even if they are stupid enough to give you 3 of something and not punish you for it. Work on your spacing. You get shield grabbed far too often. Learn to space your f-air so that the end of the box farthest from you hits the opponent, and if they shield it they have to move to grab you, giving you an opportunity to run away if you l cancelled it. Get used to the fact that your roll and shield both suck, and you should be wavedashing or dashdancing away if possible, and only rolling and shielding when absolutely necessary.

This goes for both of you: Work on your approaches, in general. Dashdance more. Don't just run forward and do your favorite attack everytime, try dashdancing or wavedashing a bit to fake them out first. Rushing in from the same direction every single time is a fast way to get ***** by anyone good.

Top Bottom