• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Videogame-themed dreams you had

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Can be anything appropriate for the site relating to Smash or general gaming. Describe the zaniest videogame-related stories your brain told while you were asleep. I'll start.
I had a dream where there was an update in Smash Ultimate. This only changed one thing-Luigi's Green Missle could be angled down like Bayonetta's After Burner Kick. They had a whole (thirty second long) Sakurai Presents to demonstrate it. That was the entire dream.

Dacowboykid

Smash Rookie
I had a dream I was in Minecraft (like not playing actually inside it) I was with some random guys I didn't even recognize them cuz they were Minecraft skins we found a random mansion-like building and we found some legendary pokemon like Rayquaza and Kyogre, they look liked they were from Pixelmon but more blocky

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
I had a dream you could unlock the Pilotwings 64 characters in Pilotwings Resort and I had a blast with them. Before the Nintendo leak which revealed the Pilotwings Beta 'Dragonfly' I dreamt of playing a rereleased version of the SNES Pilotwings which had scenes developing the plot a little better that got cut during it's first release.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
I have too many nightmares where I am in the place of a survivor in DbD, latest one where I was caught in a bear trap and then woke up as soon as the Trapper slashed me.

Other than that I had a dream where Lucas was announced as the Fighter Pack 7, and I was really hyped my main was returning, but extremely confused why he wasn't in the base game. With the surprise at the end of the announcement being that he was to be released the same day, so I just played Lucas until I woke up.

AlRex

Smash Lord
I've had at least two dreams about a Marvel VS DC fighting game, one looked like Marvel VS CAPCOM 2 and had Alfred E. Neuman and Forbush Man as characters somehow, the other had 3D graphics and looked like a smoother version of those Activision X-Men fighters for the PS1, with Wolverine and Superman fighting in the Danger Room. I also had some Smash reveal dreams, one with Batman, and another with Rambo, where I discussed it afterwards with friends online and wondered why Rambo was the first non-VG character they added. This was before Rambo was in Mortal Kombat, mind you.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I was Chased by a Phantom in Zelda Phantom Hourglass
and it could go into Safe-Spaces and i was trapped on a little plattform with it!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Sorry for duble posting:
I had a dream that started with me playing HW age of calamity again but in minecraft?
Than it got weird i dreamed of a zelda direct in which a game was announced
This game was a weird Spirit tracks and phantom hourglass remake hybrid but instead of link you play as Zelda with Link being kidnapped and seemingly only mattering maybe in a final Battle!
The Zelda seemed boring tpoo only really using bombs and a attack i forgot probably Swordish!
Dream me was happy at first than turned sad and as i did go onto Smashboards i got like 25-50 Replys being like nenenenene i told you so butthole! Which than caused me to wake up!

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
I had a dream once where Mario was a guest character in an Aero Fighters game a long time ago.
During the pandemic I dreamt I dragged my family to a Darius series convention they had holographic displays featuring a game each.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
A while back (before the Kazuya reveal) I had a dream where the last two Smash characters were shadowdropped and they turned out to be Touhou characters, but they were also DuckTales characters. I only remember that one of the two was Reimu as a cartoon duck. I don't know who the second character was.

On a completely different note, 6 year old me once had a dream where Mario had a fight with Fillmore the bus from Cars.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
i had dreams about Geno coming back the worst part is waking up
it happened multiple times
in Smash Bros
in Darkstalkers sequel
in Super Mario RPG remake
in Final fantasy 7 remake
in Moon: Remix RPG Adventure sequel
in Dissidia NT
in Crash Bandicoot
it sucks to be a SMRPG fan :c

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I have a bunch of botw2 dreams theyre quite diffrent from how the game actually is (which my dream self knows)
i forgot the first 2 so ill put my 3rd here

It starts on an island that houses an dungeon after that link travels the sea per air currents and para glider
fights a giant octorock boss in the open world goes on an island with 3 dungeons beats them than the first island dungeon opens up link beats it and its boss
and than link goes unconsious for i think 3 years in these years the water rises a bit and for siome reason all hylians are on an airship and have robot arms after that link uses a boomerang that got really op goes over some beautiful landscape with destroyed houses and bridges of terrain that break if you stay on them after this he goes to i think hyrule castle to get there he needs to cros a path with Cars? as obstacles and uses a hookshot too dodge them and Hyrule castle? is made from brick looks abandond and old and has Shops? moden shop? at the bottom all of them but one abandon after that i woke up!

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
I’ve fought Ganon a few times. But mysterious, not highly detailed, shrouded in shadows Ganon. Clearly my subconscious was not running on high processing power, kinda made it cooler though

I have a weirdest dream to tell ya if you don't know.

Recently, I had a weird dream about Pokemon gen 9, where it introduced "Dead" forms and Fuecoco's last evolution's dead form resembles a gray tree-shaped ghost coming out of pelvis and it had a weird face.
Also in this dream, the new type that was introduced was "Hoof" type, where it only applied to horse pokemon and typical example of hoof-type pokemon was horse-looking pokemon that looked similar to Mudsdale (or it was a final evolution of Mudsdale).

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I have a weirdest dream to tell ya if you don't know.

Recently, I had a weird dream about Pokemon gen 9, where it introduced "Dead" forms and Fuecoco's last evolution's dead form resembles a gray tree-shaped ghost coming out of pelvis and it had a weird face.
Also in this dream, the new type that was introduced was "Hoof" type, where it only applied to horse pokemon and typical example of hoof-type pokemon was horse-looking pokemon that looked similar to Mudsdale (or it was a final evolution of Mudsdale).
Maybe you mixed up Spain and Mexico in your Dream?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I had dreamed about some story ideas if another Marvel Vs Capcom game were in the works. One that I do recall is Phoenix Wright along with Miles Edgeworth, She-Hulk and Moon Knight attempting to free several of his friends who were trapped by Nightmare.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I don't know why, but in many of my longer, narrative-driven dreams that I sometimes have for no apparent reason, most of the time when a character travels a long distance it'll transition to a top-down view with sprites, most similar to Earthbound. I have no idea why, I don't even like Earthbound.

Another video game dream I had, but it's from the past:

I had a dream where I found Smash Melee trophies at my grandma's house's attic, which they were Burger King toys for some reason and one of them was Mach Rider trophy. I didn't expected that since there wasn't any Burger King restaurants in my hometown.
Also that dream took place in early 2000's (Presumably 2001), where Melee was released during that time.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i had a dream the other day that scarlet and violet were full of "edgy" regional variants of pokemon and that the two version mascots were large golems that emerged from the ground

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I once had a dream where I was fighting Luigi in Melee to unlock him. All of a sudden, he threw me off by saying "GAME OVER" looking at me in the screen. Half a second later, his face zoomed in and covered the entire screen spooking me. Next thing I knew, that son of a ***** grabbed me and threw be backwards off the stage

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I dont remeber my entire Dream asside from Pearly and a Murderer but ive Build a Raft that was similar to the Rafts in Raft!

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I dreamed about the next Persona, it has beige has the main color and the theme was knights with the characters summoning their personas pulling their weapons out of their chests. The protagonist used D'artagan and another dude was using Charlemagne.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I dreamed about the next Persona, it has beige has the main color and the theme was knights with the characters summoning their personas pulling their weapons out of their chests. The protagonist used D'artagan and another dude was using Charlemagne.
I haven't wanted a videogame this badly until now

Oracle Link

Smash Master
what a coincidence this thread shows up in my news right after a Videogame dream!
So i dreamt of a Star wars Game (for the wii) which i emulated!
It was a Lightsaber fighting game branded as a the Clonewars Game but it also included Luke, Ben Kenobi and Darthvader!
Other Chraracters were Anakin, Obi wan, I guess someone wielding the Blacksaber and a Crait dragon for some reason!

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
I remember having a dream where i was watching Gaming All-Stars 5 on YouTube.

it started with Mario waking up in a forest (a little similar to when Banjo and Kazooie found him in Super Smash Bros. Gmod 3), then two Rabbids collide and the screen zooms out while a small sample of Rave:tech (^_^) New;world played (the part where it says "I Wish"). Then Wario comes to him and a Anime-like intro starts (i remember a scene where Spyro starts flying).

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I had a dream once about how SNK does a Last Blade reboot with SamSho aesthetic, but it was more animeish like DNF Duel or Jojo's All-Star Battle (the last one in terms of the shades). The gameplay was heavily changed with the parry becoming a two button action instead of using just one and the buttons where light slash, medium slash, heavy slash and kick. Almost all the ogs comes back with the exception of Kaori, Juzoh, Shikyoh/Mukuro, Musashi and Kouryu. Kaede was the protagonist once again but neither Moriya nor Setsuna where his rival and it was instead a guy called Masamune something and it used a stance systems similar to Kagura from BlazBlue. Apart of that the game was really fast like a Darkstalkers game and it had airdashes, basically it was Samurai Shodown if was made by ArcSys. I remind that a "who's next"-like trailer was just starting when I awake.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
For the i think 5th Time i had a dream about Zelda BOTW 2 but honestly i want them to stop!
Im always dreaming that they add stupid Poo!
This time it was Link talking!
I also had a dream my Computer wopuld be infected with the You are an Idiot Virus!

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Yesterday I had a great dream that I wish it comes true, it was supposed to be in the near future after the Awakened Orochi Team, the SamSho Team and Goenitz came out and they where announcing the season 3 with a Team Aprentices leadered by Shingo (who was using the tracksuit from Kyo's ending but it also used his classic costume has an alt), May Lee and Alice Nakata with a reworked moveset removing the pachinko effects and instead taking more references of other Fatal Fury characters like Blue Mary, Mai, Kim and even the Jin twins. Apart of them it was a sneak peak of a Masters team (kinda like how the season one had a Garou Team and a South Town team) with the return of Tung Fu Rue who was using a Blue outfit like KOF XI, Saisyu Kusanagi who was wearing a similar outfit but with some modifications like being darker and with different gloves and finally Mr. Karate (no Takuma but his persona, but I had some flash forward with him being an alternative costume), Krauser also did come back but has a free boss mode character without story.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
So, I once had a dream where Bandai-Namco showed what seemed like a CGI trailer of an another, ordinary Shonen Jump arena fighter, but all of suddenly, some manga/anime characters not owned by them such as Astro Boy (Japanese people went really nuts to see him back, modeled after his 2003 show design), Doraemon, Speed Racer (Tatsunoko rep), Devilman (in his classic 1972 design), Sailor Moon, Lupin III, etc. and finally, it was announced by gameplay footage that it's actually a 2.5D platform fighter akin to Smash itself and Jump Ultimate Stars consisting of many iconic manga/anime characters, coming sometimes next year (2023).

In a same stream, Spike Spiegel was the first character to get a proper reveal trailer, with it being animated in Cowboy Bebop's hand-drawn style by Bandai Namco Filmworks (formerly known as Sunrise) and involved Lupin (apparent inspiration) & Harlock (space stuff & Super Robot Wars) themselves, as a short/opening version of "Tank!" played throughout gameplay footage and a ending of the trailer. Months later, Tetsuo had a quite epic trailer animated by TMS, which truly showed his role as one of the villain reps, used some of K9999/Krohnen's moves from The King of Fighters and was the most hyped fighter.

Last edited:
Back in late 2021, I had a dream, where I was in middle of the shopping mall and I saw 2 people doing a rap battle in style of Friday Night Funkin. Then after the rap battle, the video game characters came in and started to decorate the whole mall in gaming style (This means there were Eggman Empire banners hanging from balconies alongside Mushroom banners).
The characters that appeared in my dreams were Leon Kennedy, Dark Samus and other characters that I don't remember too much (Probably they came from iconic games).

So actually it was a celebration of gaming history inside the mall.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I had a bunch of videogame dreams this night but i only remember some of them:
So first i got a Link Figure with multiple heads but one by one they all turned into something else one became demonic and the OTher one became a Bearded Man!
Than i also dreamed of some moral choice in the Oracle Games? were depending how you deal with a Dino Area you either get a usefull shop street or a Overexpensive one!
And Lastly in my dream i wanted to play Dragonball Z Budokai tenkaichi 3!

Last edited:
Top Bottom