• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Tutorial to New ROB Tech! ETJUBB - Empty Tank Jump Up-B Boost

Pixel_

Smash Ace
We should probably come up with a different name?

Still a great find, though.

TreeFire80

Smash Cadet
We should probably come up with a different name?

Still a great find, though.
Whaaat?! You're saying "ee tee jub" (or alternatively "ee tee jub bee") isn't a cool name or something? Haha, I guess I'm not too attached to it though, any suggestions?

Last edited:

Pixel_

Smash Ace
The tech it reminded me of in RoA is called Orcahop, so maybe Robhop would work?
R.O.B.hop doesn't look very good so maybe R.O.B.H.O.P. would be the (overkill) alternative

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Great find and thanks for sharing! Will definitely utilize this!

TreeFire80

Smash Cadet
Great find and thanks for sharing! Will definitely utilize this!
Wow, for once it is I that taught Mister Eric...

Also I heard a good suggestion in the accompanying reddit thread. Someone mentioned ET Jump and that sounded simple but descriptive enough. Maybe an alternative to that would be ET Boost. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Pixel_

Smash Ace
d

Wow, for once it is I that taught Mister Eric...

Also I heard a good suggestion in the accompanying reddit thread. Someone mentioned ET Jump and that sounded simple but descriptive enough. Maybe an alternative to that would be ET Boost. Thoughts?
ET boost sounds good, but what's ET jump?

1FC0

Smash Lord
Empty Tank Boost or ETB sounds good to me.

Anyway nice tech now I just need to unlearn to first use my DJ and then ^B.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Empty Tank Jump or ETJ sounds nice.
The whole AT is a jump, but the advantages over normal DJing is the boost in speed and height so I think it should be called ETJ.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
This is very helpful and will eventually come in handy. Also reminder to everyone to rapidly tap B instead of holding it to prolong your fuel. It's been around since Brawl and I still see ROBs not doing it.

Phanton404

Smash Rookie
Damn, I was going to complain about the lack of explanation and then noticed that my annotations setting on YT is off.
Great stuff man

TreeFire80

Smash Cadet
Damn, I was going to complain about the lack of explanation and then noticed that my annotations setting on YT is off.
Great stuff man
Oh yikes I never thought of that! I'll have to make a note in the description reminding people to turn them on. Glad you (eventually) found it useful!

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Been using this in tourney and it has saved a handful of stocks already. Thanks again for sharing!

TreeFire80

Smash Cadet
Been using this in tourney and it has saved a handful of stocks already. Thanks again for sharing!
Hey, I'm glad it's seeing competitive use. Kinda funny, I had just watched you blow it in your recent Zanryo ladder match when I read this haha. No need to worry about starting it too soon, magnet hands all the way up!

Last edited:
Top Bottom