• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread

Jr555

Smash Apprentice
I really enjoy watching the Snake match up, its one of my least played matches so I have to study up.

It's interesting you post 2 vids against these characters specifically. I feel like these are the 2 match ups it's most important to effectively dominate the platforms. I know with Falco this is the common way for G&W to play the match up but I wonder if that's how we're supposed to play Snake?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yo gardex you need to chill out in that snake m/u. You have mixed results because you give the snake opportunities to be in control. You can play the m/u so you let the snake know you're in control of the entire match and it's his job to either make amazing plays or punish mistakes. You basically go at him with as much aggression as possible and hope for the best... You do it pretty well most of the time but as I am sure you've noticed, it can really blow up in your face (quite literally lol). BF should not be a stage snake wants to take you to because you can camp those platforms for days and he can do nothing about it, while you can poke him through platforms via dair, and can choose when to approach aerialy if he wants to camp the center stage. Seeing you get 3 stocked was rather painful :/.

Last edited:

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
It should be mentioned that this was the 2nd tournament we played within two days. I beat him two sets in a row the day before.(after losing WFs 3-0 yesyes)

I know I should probably slow it down, but high risk, high reward is so fun(Which CAN work, but spacing and timing has to be spot on, otherwise you get stuff like the BF match and last stock of game 5)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I just think with your playstyle you're always going to have inconsistent results in that match-up. Makes it looks hype and exciting, but ultimately what do you want: hype or the win?

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I think I have the same problem with an inconsistent playstyle. I have been playing really patient recently after the break from Brawl. Hopefully I'll be able to show you guys before the game fizzles out.

shapular

Smash Ace
I don't know if anybody's watching this thread or anything but I managed to beat FOW on stream yesterday: http://www.twitch.tv/1fow1/b/571787575?t=43m59s

I also have some G&W dittos with AML?! from Georgia that I sent to my friend but they never got uploaded. You guys probably wouldn't want to watch them anyway since they're probably boring and one of the matches went to time.

Top Bottom