• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Video Guide] Diddy Kong Lagless or "Perfect" F-Airs (BASICS)

Akzomp

Smash Cadet
NNID
AKG_Akzomp
I have created a simple guide targeted towards starter Diddy Kong players covering the application and uses of Diddy's lagless or "perfect" forward air.

This video explains the inputs and timings to preform F-airs that autocancel upon landing and allow for faster movement and good neutral options.

Last edited:

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
This is good, but it's worth noting that falling fair is pretty good against shielding opponents, and retreating SHFF fair is also very good in general.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Good stuff, this should help newer players a good bit

Akzomp

Smash Cadet
NNID
AKG_Akzomp
Good stuff, this should help newer players a good bit
This is good, but it's worth noting that falling fair is pretty good against shielding opponents, and retreating SHFF fair is also very good in general.
Thanks. I wasn't really going for a whole F-air guide, just a "perfect" F-air guide, so that's why I didn't touch up on everything related. I just gave all the info about the lagless F-air and some bonus details on the move itself.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
How is it good? it's got a ridiculous frame disadvantage on shield

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
It has -11 on shield. So unless it is spaced properly and near perfect then it isn't super safe. It can be dash-grabbed, and maybe DA'ed. However, it does have a fair amount of pushback, which makes it more like -5 then -11.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
I worded that poorly, it's really good BECAUSE it forces your opponent to shield, and then it's not terrible on-shield if you space it properly. Zinoto and JJ are all about those falling aerials, a lot of characters really struggle to punish them.

Here is Ge0's guide, JJ gave me similar advice about falling fair specifically for the Mario MU. If you can recognise the situations where falling fair is good you will become a much better player in no time at al.

Top Bottom