• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Game Mafia 2 - End of Line

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
We knew, it was infinite, as TK said.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Still upset.

Should've gone with my initial reasoning about the bus. Ah well.

Maven89

Smash Master
I have trouble believing Pythag didn’t realize I was the anonymous voice, I was as blatant as possible due to rules

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
You underestimate how stupid I am.

and typically dead people don’t talk in the game.

Maven89

Smash Master
No idea who the other person was, I really wasn’t reading. I totally killed KevinM though just because I loved him

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
End of Line

"I vote Red Ryu!"

"So this is how it ends..."

Slowly a group of shadow hands brought him in. Pythag was cornered by Theo and Raxxel. The scimitar carved in through his neck. Maven, as a last resort, tried to reach up with a scythe he had.

"Well, a ghost isn't much useful against my scythe, eh? Now maybe I can be reunited with my brother."

Now, with the bounty obtained, Theo's curse was lifted. He started to go around in the tavern. Raxxel, Xivii, and Utopian? Were free. Ralsei was now free to explore the underworld, Joshua was liberated of his NDA's, and Komodoe Moe could see his brother again

As for the rest of the gang? Most of their characters were doomed in different ways. Up in the distance, a reaper, knight, and witch could be seen enjoying out the rest of their days.

"It'll be a while before one of these ever returns... but if it does, I'll be glad I won't be here to see the blood shed." Theo says while sipping on some last tea.

Lethal Win Conditions obtained:
Utopian - Ralsei (Ghost Godfather) <Deltarune>
Raxxel - Komodo Moe (Strongman) <Crash Bandicoot>

Xivii - Joshua (Redirninja / Jester) <The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky>

Non-Lethal Win Conditions + Mod Screwups obtained (only one here was Maven)
Thirdkoopa - Theo (Neutral Marker) <Beyond the Western Deep> killed their targets and won!
Maven89 - Baxter (Self-Mason) <Rhythm Heaven Fever>
Maven89 - Forthington (Self-Mason) <Rhythm Heaven Fever>
Maven89 - Specter Knight (Undead Townie <Shovel Knight>

Dooplissity - Horace (Berserker / Jester) <Armello>
Z25 - Velvet (Dnacer) <Odin Sphere>

Rest of Town:
Pythag - Yuki (Dreaming God) <The Wonderful Everyday Down The Rabbit Hole> blew up in endgame!
KevinM - Daroach (Game Rules / Retrograde Amnesia) <Kirby: Squeak Squad> blew up in endgame!
Red Ryu - Damon Gant (Anterograde Amnesia) <Phoenix Wright> blew up in endgame!
Giraffelasergun - Zagreus (Prince) <Hades> blew up in endgame!

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Hi. I was really busy during this game. I'm sorry. Honestly, it didn't matter when I hosted this, fact is in the future I need a mod team and I need to plan my Role PM's around game elements getting cut. This setup really was made for 13-15 people, and then 11. To balance it for 10 players, I gave Maven two roles (He only knew about the other once he was dead)

So some quick stuff:
I know people are going to get mad at me for three scum but Utopian literally couldn't do anything (He was dead the moment the game started - If you guys just killed Raxxel/Xivii, you wouldn't have done anything)

I did do some swingy stuff for both the Town and the Mafia - all part of the ******* play (As long as the host is alive, things can swing... plus my best judgement) - In a list of choices I had to decide:
-Day 1 and 2 were supposed to be no-lynches because nobody actually achieved the lynch conditions by the time deadline hit. Utopian was going to 'die' (even though he couldn't do anything) as soon as Day 3 hit, anyways.
-Xivii got janned because, long story short, mod error.
-I should have just called it after the mislynch there and not enabled Pythag's dreaming God power, but there were still four townies alive (Maven, Pythag, Z25, and Red Ryu) so... I kept the show running, even though it put the Mafia in a pretty dire situation

Maven wins because I didn't have enough time for his role to be as fun as it could have been. He had urgent info to post in the thread that got delayed (as you guys saw) and that's my fault.

My thoughts on the game:
Everyone played well... for the most part. I think you all could have bit on me (the mod) more to explain stuff, since eventually I did cave with purple text. I think Utopian did an excellent job at getting people to not believe the mod and basically did what I was hoping that role would do both in life and death. Things didn't roll out the best for everyone, but it was an interesting game for me to watch from beginning to end.

My thoughts next time around the modding circle:
I'm just gonna like... get a team of qualified people to run it and do the whole rounds, if we ever decide to do it again. I don't have enough passion in me (and too many other things) to run a VGM properly. I feel like I let the first day go awesomely, but quickly I already started to notice that I needed a co-mod. It wasn't until Dooplissity Dooplissity straight up said 'dude you should get a co-mod'. Similar to how that one Etrian Odyssey game was my decision as a player, this one is my decision as a mod. At the very least: No crazy ass ******* games for me on my own.

Or at least, no live ticking powers. Live ticking powers are the worst (keeping track of Giraffel/Utopian/Maven)

I'll answer any mod questions, but to kick off "What the hell did Pythag's powers do?!"

Mod notes:
<Absolutely Unhelpful> - The next time a player would be lynched, instead the lynchee’s alignment will be revealed and the vote count will be reset.
<The Hitchhiker’s Survival Guide on How To Save A Life> - Everyone votes to elect a king who will then decide who gets lynched… also someone becomes a mod mason
<OVERRULED!> - The next time a Townie is lynched, the vote count will be reset. This rule is always hidden
<Now, Listen To Teacher> - The next time a Mafia is lynched, a no lynch will happen in place.
<Count> - Tells the standings of the game
<Ping> - The Slate of the Game has changed (to Ricochet)
<Crash Landing> - Every single player will unlock an alternative/additional win condition
<naptime> - dogsong is posted. 24 hour game. Everyone is able to talk with each other over PM, and the lynch happens at sunset instead?!
<Outdated MTX> - I will reveal all of the [REDACTED]’s to everyone
<Pterodactyl> - Whoever is lynched may leave the game for however long they choose (but they will be considered dead)

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
<Absolutely Unhelpful> would have been great in Day 1 if everyone lynched faster. The smartest move was probably to lynch me super fast and then either go for scum or hit me (unfortunately, nobody knew about this, but I kept trying to tell everyone to lynch faster)
<Crash Landing>... uh, yeah, that kinda crashed the game
<The Hitchhiker's Survival Guide on How To Save A Life> lol, that was a great day 3.
<Pterodactyl> ...poor pythag lol (if you all lynched Raxxel, game would have ended there, since he'd technically be dead)

also since I put up no deadline, if Pythag refused to vote, I would have either done Everyone vs Theo or this

Last edited:

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I want to make a small correction to something I said the other day.

Half-Life without Xen is a masterpiece. With Xen, it's still a great game but jesus christ that portion of the game's only real redeeming quality is allowing Gordon Freeman to do the Super Mario 64 long jump. Definitely needed more playtesting because to me, by putting more emphasis on platforming, it made it clear just how bad the collision was in the physics engine they used for the original. And for the most part with the rest of the game, the collision didn't usually matter due to how levels were designed more around strategy and good aim than execution, but the Xen parts of the game are a nightmare to navigate.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Whoops wrong thread LMAO.

Anyway, GGs y'all. Pythag, you're scary as hell when you're not on my side lol.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Mafia Gang Mafia Gang

All jokes aside, this was a blast to participate in. Shoutouts to Raxxel and Xivii, glad I was able to count on them to take home a dub after I died!!

Shoutouts to Thirdkoopa for taking on this monster of a game! I’ll agree there should have been a modding team, but that didn’t subtract from the super unique roles. Not a huge fan of the jester twist, as that kind of screwed over town for hunting a wild goose chase. But in the end, I thought it was fun. It maybe was a bit skewed towards the mafia, but it was swingy nonetheless, so anything could have been possible. It did end up being a 50/50 shot for Pythag though, so it evened out in the end.

I’ll be adding as many people as I can to the mafia chat. It seriously is a rollercoaster in 8 pages.
Edit: wait I can’t do that

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
<Crash Landing> - Every single player will unlock an alternative/additional win condition
. Not a huge fan of the jester twist, as that kind of screwed over town for hunting a wild goose chase.
you can thank this piece of meme for that. LOL.

(Who would you like me to add to the mafia PM)

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
The biggest thing I noticed is the lack of a co-modd. I won't belabor the point too much since you already have but I was reminded of the only game I've played that you hosted which similarly had an inconsistent mod. When you host again, I'd suggest finding a co-mod even before sign ups, regardless if whether it's a ******* setup or not.

The only other thing is when utopian died, I immediately thought of the earthbound song "you call this a utopia?!" And was disappointed that I was seemingly alone in that.

Also, idk if it's a blind spot for me but I can never see z25 as scum. I almost immediately wrote him off as town this game and thought a lot of time was wasted on suspicion of him.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, idk if it's a blind spot for me but I can never see z25 as scum. I almost immediately wrote him off as town this game and thought a lot of time was wasted on suspicion of him.
I would've been on that train if it hadn't been for xiivii's...bizarre flip. That really derailed me personally for the next day.

What the heck was with the contracts?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Xivii and Dooplissity signed a contract that made them Jester Lovers. The one between them that got lynched would win, and the other would die and lose.

Xivii really shouldn’t have signed it as scum, but that wasn’t my decision. It was a choice we had to adapt to.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
“Now”, y’all are probably thinking, “what even happened with UP’s dirty push on Raxxel”

While I wait for people to be added to the mafia chat, let’s just talk about what was posted, first.

This hurts.

Vote: Raxxel
Just because Raxxel may have been implicated by the killer, doesn’t mean he isn’t anti-town. I still think Raxxel is a good lynch toDay.
If I was scum, do you really think I would’ve killed the one person who read me as scum the strongest? That would just implicate me for the kill and make me obv scum.

Also why is everybody voting for me? I’m town, and it’s not a good decision. Lynch Raxxel, and you can kill me tomorrow.
Thank you. Yes please lynch Raxxel. Lynching me would be a major mistake.
Our goal was to make you all waste a lynch on me on the second day. Doop was the one who suspected me the most, so we tried to kill him to confirm town’s suspicions, as he was likely to go to Raxxel after me, and we could not have that happen. So we targeted Doop to implicate me. I even alluded to this in bold above. (And the irony! I literally said “it’s not a good decision to lynch me” directly afterward, the most damning sentence of all time that made me obv scum :joyful: LMAO!!)

However, the unexpected happened; a wagon formed on Raxxel, and not me. This of course is a no-go, because Raxxel being alive was vital to our victory. So, I had to be as obviously scummy as possible so that my useless life would be gone and Raxxel would look incredibly town upon my flip. Maybe our mission was too successful. When have I ever voted without reasoning? Why would I say that Raxxel is probably lynchbait, but we should lynch him anyway? I was cheesily begging for my life, but people treated those posts as nothing out of the ordinary. The goal was for me to die, but not for everybody to think that’s just my usual play style.

Also notice that Xivii was the primary leader for the push on me, which through their posts that condemned my actions, effectively removed any and all suspicion of Raxxel up until the final day. I’ve gotta give credit where credit is due, Xivii played spectacularly on Day 2. And also to Raxxel after my self-destruction, as he was able to reshape the way he was viewed to seem like he was trying to help town for the greater good.

At that point, I used the anonymous posts to sway Pythag towards voting for Red Ryu. Because everybody was under the assumption that Xivii was town, and his posts completely juxtaposed my own, it was never suspected that I was behind the anonymous posts. I also put plenty of time between when I died and when I started posting, so there was seemingly no correlation. I tried to claim as Xivii, but that wasn’t allowed, so I had to imply it through my posts.

I was going to say that I was Xivii, the independent Instructor. I was going to say that I won the game when I successfully had a player lynch another. My actions would have been “Have Z25 lynch UP on Day 1, and have UP lynch RR on Day 2. I wonder why UP didn’t try to push for Red Ryu...” Sadly, this story wasn’t meant to be.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Well based off the flip, I think you're correct. It's just not how I interpreted the PM:
You are now a Jester! You are lynch buddies with Dooplissity. Should he die, you will kill yourself in grief.
Hence why I supported lynching Doop.

The setup was neat. I would have liked to see it at its full potential. What were everyone's roles? I'm especially curious about Z25 Z25 and Maven89 Maven89 's win conditions.

Pythag Pythag I don't envy the position you were in. It really could have been either of them. I, as scum, was beginning to suspect Ryu (as 3P) based off his claim.

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu even though you weren't as active as you would have liked, you played an impressive game. You didn't once miss a beat in your reasoning. You had your vote on the ideal person to lynch (given the knowledge Town had) each and every day. Seriously, well done.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
“Now”, y’all are probably thinking, “what even happened with UP’s dirty push on Raxxel”

While I wait for people to be added to the mafia chat, let’s just talk about what was posted, first.

This hurts.

Our goal was to make you all waste a lynch on me on the second day. Doop was the one who suspected me the most, so we tried to kill him to confirm town’s suspicions, as he was likely to go to Raxxel after me, and we could not have that happen. So we targeted Doop to implicate me. I even alluded to this in bold above. (And the irony! I literally said “it’s not a good decision to lynch me” directly afterward, the most damning sentence of all time that made me obv scum :joyful: LMAO!!)

However, the unexpected happened; a wagon formed on Raxxel, and not me. This of course is a no-go, because Raxxel being alive was vital to our victory. So, I had to be as obviously scummy as possible so that my useless life would be gone and Raxxel would look incredibly town upon my flip. Maybe our mission was too successful. When have I ever voted without reasoning? Why would I say that Raxxel is probably lynchbait, but we should lynch him anyway? I was cheesily begging for my life, but people treated those posts as nothing out of the ordinary. The goal was for me to die, but not for everybody to think that’s just my usual play style.

Also notice that Xivii was the primary leader for the push on me, which through their posts that condemned my actions, effectively removed any and all suspicion of Raxxel up until the final day. I’ve gotta give credit where credit is due, Xivii played spectacularly on Day 2. And also to Raxxel after my self-destruction, as he was able to reshape the way he was viewed to seem like he was trying to help town for the greater good.

At that point, I used the anonymous posts to sway Pythag towards voting for Red Ryu. Because everybody was under the assumption that Xivii was town, and his posts completely juxtaposed my own, it was never suspected that I was behind the anonymous posts. I also put plenty of time between when I died and when I started posting, so there was seemingly no correlation. I tried to claim as Xivii, but that wasn’t allowed, so I had to imply it through my posts.

I was going to say that I was Xivii, the independent Instructor. I was going to say that I won the game when I successfully had a player lynch another. My actions would have been “Have Z25 lynch UP on Day 1, and have UP lynch RR on Day 2. I wonder why UP didn’t try to push for Red Ryu...” Sadly, this story wasn’t meant to be.
So you sent that message to me day one? I did mention it’s possible you did but I thought that was too bold a move for scum to do which is why I didn’t want to push you. It felt like an uninformed townie sent it because they got something out of doing so if I complied. I didn’t want to risk all that though. I really doubted we had a day cop and one that would have nailed scum as well so I didn’t trust the message.
Well based off the flip, I think you're correct. It's just not how I interpreted the PM:
Hence why I supported lynching Doop.

The setup was neat. I would have liked to see it at its full potential. What were everyone's roles? I'm especially curious about Z25 Z25 and Maven89 Maven89 's win conditions.

Pythag Pythag I don't envy the position you were in. It really could have been either of them. I, as scum, was beginning to suspect Ryu (as 3P) based off his claim.

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu even though you weren't as active as you would have liked, you played an impressive game. You didn't once miss a beat in your reasoning. You had your vote on the ideal person to lynch (given the knowledge Town had) each and every day. Seriously, well done.
I would win with town if alive and I got a stacked win condition from picking numbers when asked. Basically I could play a numbers game with Theo to get that condition to be met.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My biggest question though Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa

Why is one of the deadliest and scummiest ace attorney villains aligned with town?

Maven89

Smash Master
My win condition was to win with town. When I died, I could pick people and play richochet with them. If I won 2/3 games I would be allowed to win with the town. I played no games, town lost, but I won anyways because I’m just pretty cool like that

Last edited:

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I'm still kinda kicking myself.
I just kept thinking about soup's claim as oracle.

Red you were dead on, I'm sorry I couldn't solve the puzzle. You were making more sense than Rax, I just couldn't pull the trigger.

Then knowing that neither of you killed kevin was really frustrating. Gah.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
So you sent that message to me day one? I did mention it’s possible you did but I thought that was too bold a move for scum to do which is why I didn’t want to push you. It felt like an uninformed townie sent it because they got something out of doing so if I complied. I didn’t want to risk all that though. I really doubted we had a day cop and one that would have nailed scum as well so I didn’t trust the message.
I sent you the message but was going to claim it as Xivii.

There were plenty of messages that I made but TK never sent :mad:

But I guess they weren’t needed in the end. Probably would have drawn more confusion.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
My biggest question though Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa

Why is one of the deadliest and scummiest ace attorney villains aligned with town?
you're gonna absolutely hate me for this but

Ace Attorney online. When I was doing Ace Attorney online, I used Damon Gant and played the good guy who would fight against any injustice of social monstrosities.

If all the [REDACTED]'s got revealed, that would've been revealed. I have to justify whatever safeclaim scum come up with too.
I had fun I just need to get better charisma for myself. Oh well.
also your role was pretty borked and if you died sooner scum would've been sooo mad at me

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
you're gonna absolutely hate me for this but

Ace Attorney online. When I was doing Ace Attorney online, I used Damon Gant and played the good guy who would fight against any injustice of social monstrosities.

If all the [REDACTED]'s got revealed, that would've been revealed. I have to justify whatever safeclaim scum come up with too.

also your role was pretty borked and if you died sooner scum would've been sooo mad at me
That is an interesting idea I suppose. Personally I think Gregory Is a solid pick when playing aa online. It’s pretty fun to eat those videos though and see what characters can be avatars

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Plus town can sometimes be villainous characters - Ralsei was the Godfather of all things. The Godfather. Of the scum, you had a main protagonist (Joshua, though there's underlying reasons one could assume he's scum), A Party member as Godfather, and a pretty not-super-hostile and minor Crash Bandicoot villain.

As for Role PM's, I can get them up, but I assure you all they'll be a mess. I should've taken a couple more days off to properly adjust the setup.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm obviously biased but the **** I pulled as Jester was ****ing hilarious. When I accidentally got saved by the DG power, which validated my fakeclaim, I wanted to see how far I could push it. I particularly enjoyed my interactions with GLG.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I'm obviously biased but the **** I pulled as Jester was ****ing hilarious. When I accidentally got saved by the DG power, which validated my fakeclaim, I wanted to see how far I could push it. I particularly enjoyed my interactions with GLG.
You made me feel bad for implying you could have been Jester, but I had trusted Xivii enough that I thought him being okay with lynching you meant it was okay to do.

Xivii Xivii UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin Raxxel Raxxel Good game and congrats on winning. I think even if I was still alive at end game I wouldn't have lynched you Raxxel. Utop's bus and the post you made when it seemed like you were lynched had me fooled. Xivii looked very townie and I probably only would have looked at you if were still alive after day 4 or so.

Dooplissity Dooplissity Thank you for being the voice of sanity until you suddenly weren't.

Pythag Pythag being town(or not mafia in this case) sucks in lylo and I don't envy the position you were in. I think I probably would have made the same vote you did in that spot. Was a joy to play with you as well.

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu I think IRL got the best of you this game but it was great to play with you when you were around.

Maven89 Maven89 We should have listened to you and just lynched tom, I have learned my mistake from this game.

KevinM KevinM You played a great game when you were alive the first few days.

Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa Who were the ? Votes? Was the cult thing in my PM Real or phony baloney.

I feel like I forgot someone and If I did whoops. Fun game ya'll! :158: :158: :158:

Last edited:
Top Bottom