• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Game Mafia 2 - End of Line

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I’ll say this, if maven doesn’t offer us an explanation tomorrow and isn’t a lyncher then we will really need to consider what his goal was and if it was for town or not
This post pings me super hard because of how much it states the obvious.

It makes way more sense coming from Scum trying really hard to look protown imo

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
How TF do you have a scumread on Tom??? He hasn't posted. He's an ok lynch to prune an inactive but scumreading him is nuts.
I’ve been using “scumread” interchangeably with “lynch target”. I mentioned that this was only influenced by Maven’s claims, where I’m interpreting Maven to be pro-town.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This post pings me super hard because of how much it states the obvious.

It makes way more sense coming from Scum trying really hard to look protown imo
That’s not a wrong thought I get. I said as much because it seems like that outside of Utopian everyone else going for town was seemingly ok with mavens behavior. Despite the fact I addressed earlier how I see no reason for him to not tell us why and that I had a strong dislike of him just saying kill Tom.

No one objected to his content being pretty much useless in the grand scheme of things until his last post which is why I had said what you quoted. It’s a bit of a reaffirmation of what town should do but imo there wasn’t much discussion on it and I thought it be good to point out even if obvious.

Somethings the obvious doesn’t always happen in these games.

For example there’s one game that still really rubbed me the wrong way because no one wanted to do the obvious. That was stars wars mafia were nabe was the god father and pretended to have some silence spell out on him by only posting pictures. Which in a game with pretty veteran players they knew that’s not how the role worked, yet no one wanted to pursue nabes lynch with me despite how obvious it should have been.

After that I try to not let the obvious slip by in these games because that experience really sucked.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Tom is a scum read, yes, because of Maven’s insistence. I just feel sick with voting him D1 with no content whatsoever because Maven revealed it’s not completely necessary to lynch Tom at THIS MOMENT on Day 1. I just want Tom or his replacement to say something, or else we gain absolutely nothing from his death if he turns up town. (Besides his role reveal, but I’m talking the whole scheme of things, like a dead Townie D1 & N1 where the first lynch is an inactive is no bueno.)

You know what I mean? Like, he’s probably scum, but I want to hear a single word out of him. Maybe that makes me look like scum, or maybe I’m selfish and asking too much. I just can’t endorse it...
This makes little sense to me.

Tom literally has not posted, he should be a null/liability at worst given how he has nothing for us to go on.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
That’s not a wrong thought I get. I said as much because it seems like that outside of Utopian everyone else going for town was seemingly ok with mavens behavior. Despite the fact I addressed earlier how I see no reason for him to not tell us why and that I had a strong dislike of him just saying kill Tom.

No one objected to his content being pretty much useless in the grand scheme of things until his last post which is why I had said what you quoted. It’s a bit of a reaffirmation of what town should do but imo there wasn’t much discussion on it and I thought it be good to point out even if obvious.

Somethings the obvious doesn’t always happen in these games.

For example there’s one game that still really rubbed me the wrong way because no one wanted to do the obvious. That was stars wars mafia were nabe was the god father and pretended to have some silence spell out on him by only posting pictures. Which in a game with pretty veteran players they knew that’s not how the role worked, yet no one wanted to pursue nabes lynch with me despite how obvious it should have been.

After that I try to not let the obvious slip by in these games because that experience really sucked.
For the record I am not ok with how Maven has been playing, but he’s not my priority right now.

It’s you or Tom for me right now.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I’ve been using “scumread” interchangeably with “lynch target”. I mentioned that this was only influenced by Maven’s claims, where I’m interpreting Maven to be pro-town.
Don’t use these interchangeably.

Why is maven at all pro town being on a tunnel and joining me on z25?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Vote: Tom

Playing on the assumption slot will not be replaced.

Maven and z25 can also die but d1 crap shoot so gonna get the inactive out of here.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Raxxel can also go.

Never getting feet wet where as other players I see a drive and motive to solve the set up or what is going on.

Even if I think people need to start scum hunting players and stop with the set up speculation that is going no where.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Raxxel can also go.

Never getting feet wet where as other players I see a drive and motive to solve the set up or what is going on.

Even if I think people need to start scum hunting players and stop with the set up speculation that is going no where.
The way I see it, we will learn more about the setup as the days go on. I don't care to solve it right now because we're still playing mafia, and frankly the focus on solving the setup has made scumhunting difficult. A lot of content

If you pointed a gun to my head tho and asked me for a scum to lynch I would say Kevin frame 1. Reads like a scum who passively defends his teammate but doesn't want to go too deep lest the lynch happens and he's the one implicated. This read also means I see Tom as scum, which is kinda true despite how much I hate Maven's content thus far. Inactivity is never a good sign, and given my past experience back in Jungle Republic with how Tom barely posted, along with Rajam and FrozenFlame being very quiet till the latter half where there were less people to pressure them, I feel I have enough reason to suspect that Tom is scum. Kevin's behavior towards him also reaffirms it a bit.

Overall if Tom doesn't post soon I definitely believe he is a liability lynch, and if he flips scum then I have to bring Kevin's odd behavior towards him into question.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
do forum games ever have a silencer?

TK asking for a replacement for Tom makes me think it’s not the case, but I curious if that role has ever been seen on a forum

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
do forum games ever have a silencer?

TK asking for a replacement for Tom makes me think it’s not the case, but I curious if that role has ever been seen on a forum
I’ve seen one I believe only once in our games on here.

It’s very rare. I suppose it’s possible but if Tom was silenced why would TK need to replace him when TK knows he legitimately has to stay quiet?

Unless your saying he is possibly a silencer?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
KevinM KevinM , you’re clearly unhappy with Tom being lynched with no reason given, so why aren’t you fighting it?
He hasn’t posted so I don’t have a basis of defense besides the fact that we are the lovers role IRL? That’s my guy.

I’ve stated the first step in this game is lynch the mod, you hope Tom gets replaced and find more about the game itself.

lynching a guy of 0 posts instead of replacing or modkilling is suboptimal at best

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
This read also means I see Tom as scum, which is kinda true despite how much I hate Maven's content thus far.
Red alert gentleman we’ve found it; the worst post in this D1.

You see Tom as scum? Based off what exactly because the only reason you could possibly see him as scum is if you believe Maven. Who you then literally go against in your next sentence.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Red alert gentleman we’ve found it; the worst post in this D1.

You see Tom as scum? Based off what exactly because the only reason you could possibly see him as scum is if you believe Maven. Who you then literally go against in your next sentence.
I specified why I read Tom as scum though. It's unrelated to Maven, inactivity is scummy in of itself. This reads like a chainsaw defense to me, you cherrypicked a sentence and didn't even read my entire post. I do indeed despise Maven's content, it's frankly useless. I have reasons outside of it though, and I made them clear. Your reasoning that I have to like Maven's content in order to scumread Tom, as if the two aren't mutually exclusive, is silly.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Apologies, poor wording in that last sentence implies that you can't trust Maven AND scumread Tom. I meant that disliking Maven's content and scumreading Tom aren't mutually exclusive. Point stands however that the contradiction doesn't exist.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
“Inactivity is scummy in itself”
Yeah it would be if Tom was active elsewhere.

The guy hasn’t been on this site since he last posted in this thread though. He clearly hasn’t even been reading. He’s genuinely not on this site if you look at his activity section on his page.

Hopefully he’s alright irl but from his page he hasn’t seemed to be here at all.

His last post was Friday, so how the hell would he be pretending to be inactive after a week?

Having a scum read on him makes no sense and is a pretty bad take as already stated

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
“Inactivity is scummy in itself”
Yeah it would be if Tom was active elsewhere.

The guy hasn’t been on this site since he last posted in this thread though. He clearly hasn’t even been reading. He’s genuinely not on this site if you look at his activity section on his page.

Hopefully he’s alright irl but from his page he hasn’t seemed to be here at all.

His last post was Friday, so how the hell would he be pretending to be inactive after a week?

Having a scum read on him makes no sense and is a pretty bad take as already stated
Wasn't aware of that. In that case, yeah hard to read him as scum then. Kevin's behavior still strikes me as odd but until we know what Tom's alignment I will hold off on calling him a scum read for now. Still see a liability lynch in Tom. Should I vote for him in case the deadline hits us unexpectedly? Right now it's tied up between UP and Tom I believe, so if the day ends now we have a no lynch, right?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Vote Count 1.9:
xivii - ? (Pythag, Raxxel, Z25, Red Ryu)
Utopian - ? (Thirdkoopa, Dooplissity)
Kevin - ? (?)
Thirdkoopa - ? (Kevin)
Undecided - ? (xivii, Giraffelasergun, Maven, Utopian)

With ? alive it takes ? to lynch. Deadline is in ? hours.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The reason was that it was really funny to get people to kill Tom for no reason.
Are you serious?

Not only is that a **** move it’s not one a townie(if you even are one) should make.

Why the hell did you waste so much time and give us no answers?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So was your vote on Tom NOT based on anything? Okay, so this is what I've gathered so far about Maven's reasoning:

We don't know the reasoning. Maven just seems to needs Tom dead.
However, whatever the reasoning was, it isn't crucial. This is known as the one owning the wagon said it could be held off until tomorrow, so that we could focus on a Z25 lynch in the meantime.

Unvote

Okay, so now we can wait for KevinM and Tom to actually make posts, and we can assess our options from there; apparently the need to lynch Tom wasn't as dire as I had anticipated.
Can anyone find me UP's last vote/unvote? serious about this. Beyond that, posting up the vote count
Took a look back for ya. From I can tell this is their last vote action. It’s on page six. From there I didn’t see them vote for anyone else

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
The reason was that it was really funny to get people to kill Tom for no reason.
Well **** me then. Xivii is now a null read because I actually assumed that Maven had something lynch-worthy on Tom based on his role.

This is EXACTLY what I was talking about. I was only going to vote Tom per Maven's insistence that

Don’t use these interchangeably.

Why is maven at all pro town being on a tunnel and joining me on z25?
I thought his actions were too dumb to be scum in complete honesty. I ran through the options earlier, which also contained exactly why Tom should be the lynch candidate. I used the term "scumread" because in my mind there is no reason to lynch somebody who isn't thought to be scum. While Tom had never said a word, Maven HEAVILY implied that he had secret info about Tom, so we would have needed to take out Tom today or else something bad happens. It has now been revealed that this was all a massive hoax and I fell for it. Hook, line, and sinker. And because of how much weight I put into Maven's words, I apologize. However, I am still going to own up to the actions that I took, as I still believe they were correct given the circumstances, save my incorrect terminology.

With that being said, Maven's slot is no longer "assumed-town", but "straight up annoying". His actions are frankly anti-town, as a townsperson would never intentionally lead us that far off the beaten path just for kicks and giggles. However, Maven has had a history of doing similar things, so I'm not terribly surprised. It feels anti-town imo, but not enough to label him scum. But I'd consider it to be enough for a lynch.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Took a look back for ya. From I can tell this is their last vote action. It’s on page six. From there I didn’t see them vote for anyone else
Indeed Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa , I am currently undecided.

I accidentally posted without finishing my reasoning

Well **** me then. Xivii is now a null read because I actually assumed that Maven had something lynch-worthy on Tom based on his role.

This is EXACTLY what I was talking about. I was only going to vote Tom per Maven's insistence that

This is EXACTLY what I was talking about. I was only going to vote Tom per Maven's insistence that we just needed to take out Tom. I was in a similar position in Fire and Lighting Mafia where I just needed to stay alive, as I was the only power role and I couldn't disclose that directly. I related to Maven because I knew the feeling, so I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt so that they could accomplish the move they wanted to. It turns out there was no real base, which is severely frustrating for me as a player when I put my faith into a BS bingo. (I guess it wasn't explicitly a bingo on Tom, but I felt that that was what Maven was implying; a bingo of anti-town information on Tom). Besides that, it is 100% impossible to put a read on an inactive player who has been gone for over a week (I believe). Content-wise, Tom was null. That's why I was really itching for Tom to say something so that I could form an opinion to go along with Maven's request, hence I stayed off the wagon. Voting Tom out before he could say anything didn't make any sense. As far as I was concerned, we had time to wait for Tom. Day 1 isn't over yet, we could still get at least SOMETHING out of him before he would have been lynched. I'm not sure why you all were so anxious to take him out so quickly either. Pressure is fine, but why wouldn't we want to hear what Tom had to say? That's all I'm getting at.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I get that inactivity is an issue, but we have replacements for a reason. (Tbh I was totally banking on a Tom replacement so I'm super stoked that TK didn't make me look like an idiot for not getting one. Cheers Thirdkoopa!)

Hey Xivii, welcome; I have not ever played with you before! I get that you're a DGames veteran, so I doubt you'll have trouble catching up. To start off, what do you think of Maven's play?

In the end, I don't think Maven has any real content besides saying "Kill Tom". I'm having a difficult time forming a read off that, as I'm sure it is doable. I know I said "anti-town" for him, but that was based off of the whole tangent that we traveled down, and not from any "bad content" that he posted. In the end, I'm not sure whether I can determine an alignment for something bad that he said. The only thing to that effect that we have was based off of Red Ryu's scum wording on Z25, but even that wasn't that large and I don't believe that it was decisive in the slightest.

Top Bottom