• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Game Mafia 2 - End of Line

Maven89

Smash Master
I agree that Red Ryu found a scumslip. I don't want the unholy eldritch abomination that is Tom to continue wandering the earth, but we can put that off to tomorrow

Unvote

Vote: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I agree that Red Ryu found a scumslip. I don't want the unholy eldritch abomination that is Tom to continue wandering the earth, but we can put that off to tomorrow

Unvote

Can I get an answer on my question at least from earlier?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

Unvote

So was your vote on Tom NOT based on anything? Okay, so this is what I've gathered so far about Maven's reasoning:

We don't know the reasoning. Maven just seems to needs Tom dead.
However, whatever the reasoning was, it isn't crucial. This is known as the one owning the wagon said it could be held off until tomorrow, so that we could focus on a Z25 lynch in the meantime.

Unvote

Okay, so now we can wait for KevinM and Tom to actually make posts, and we can assess our options from there; apparently the need to lynch Tom wasn't as dire as I had anticipated.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m tempted to post something that’s not specifically listed in the rules to test the setup more.
But I don’t know if I’d get in trouble with our mod lol

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Theo isn't targetable. TK is. I thought I told you all this?
Wait did a miss an action where your tried targeting him?

I thought we tried the other way around by targeting TK with no results

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

What happened was, I tried voting for ?. And my ass went ghost in the vote count, so I give up. Later, Doop informs me that Theo's words aren't to be taken sincerely since he is not TK, confessing he has a day action that he tried to target Theo with unsuccessfully. However, you can target Theo by proxy.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What happened was, I tried voting for ?. And my *** went ghost in the vote count, so I give up. Later, Doop informs me that Theo's words aren't to be taken sincerely since he is not TK, confessing he has a day action that he tried to target Theo with unsuccessfully. However, you can target Theo by proxy.
I see, perhaps you can’t use actions on him but he could be voted for and that would change things up? Because I don’t know if ? Counts completely as Theo.

They might but third has been pretty cryptic so it’s hard to say. For example if an action fails on them that means they are still interactable. Perhaps that means they only way to affect Theo is with a lynch.

As for what that would do I don’t know. I’m still curious to see if they actually register differently in the vote count.

Also while you are here. How do you feel about maven pushing to kill Tom, fishing for information before he gave information, then he didn’t give info and now he’s decided to just switch his vote.

Thoughts on anything else would be good to hear as well

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also I can confirm my ability and role if I live today at night.

Which is all I’d like to say atm but if anyone wants more information I might divulge it. I would need somebody else to prove my role however

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Z25 Z25 Just curious, why did you wait until today to mention the PM you received from TK about lynching Utops? I don't really see the need for you to claim your role on day 1(or day 2), I think Maven and Ryu are misinterpreting what you said about the message you got from TK.

At this point, would rather do Kev over Tom for the inactives, I think the ? vote are from a player that isn't town aligned. I'm willing to trust Maven enough to lynch Tom if it comes down to it, but if Tom is Town I wouldn't trust Maven going forward. Of the people that are active, I would be down for a Raxxel lynch today.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer

I didn't miss, it just wasn't valid so nothing happened. I then successfully targeted TK with it.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Z25 Z25 Just curious, why did you wait until today to mention the PM you received from TK about lynching Utops? I don't really see the need for you to claim your role on day 1(or day 2), I think Maven and Ryu are misinterpreting what you said about the message you got from TK.

At this point, would rather do Kev over Tom for the inactives, I think the ? vote are from a player that isn't town aligned. I'm willing to trust Maven enough to lynch Tom if it comes down to it, but if Tom is Town I wouldn't trust Maven going forward. Of the people that are active, I would be down for a Raxxel lynch today.
Why Rax?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
We're thinking that they are operating as two different entities, but this is an interesting theory as well. Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa ?
I know most of you aren't used to the mod playing... that's correct that we operate as two different entities.

I can't be any other alignment other than Third-Party (or a betting win-condition) since if I was directly Town or Scum that would break the game.

Vote count coming.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

If I was able to have gotten something useful to aide town from voting I wanted to save that info so scum didn’t learn of any additional benefits I could have gotten.

I bought it up because maven sounded like he might be in a similar situation. But he’s refused to comment on it. If it meant figuring this setup and learning if anyone else was getting weird communications from the host I figured it be good to share the info I had so we could figure out more

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something

Vote Count 1.7:
Z25 - ? (Red Ryu, Maven, Dooplissity)
Tom - ? (Pythag, Raxxel)
Utopian - ? (Thirdkoopa)
Undecided - ? (Kevin, Tom, Dooplissity, Giraffelasergun, Z25, ?)

With ? alive it takes ? to lynch. Deadline is in ? hours.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well that vote doesn’t work so.

I’d rather lynch an inactive, so let’s see what maven has to say if Tom goes:

Vote: Tom

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I don't really have a reason to throw more information to you all... unless someone gives me a good reason.

Though, to toss you all a bone, I've updated the front page with all the vote counts. Check it out here.
That's it.

There's gotta be a pattern. There is absolutely NO reason to link the past votecounts, and it's pretty obvious that something is up involving previous votecounts based on "to toss you all a bone". Compiling the order of the "?" votes because I'm feeling that has something to do with it.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
1.1: Tom
1.2: Z25
1.3: Z25
1.4: Z25
1.5: Utopian
1.6: Utopian
1.7: Undecided

Really not sure what to make of this, and I'm probably on the wrong path. But there is DEFINITELY something important about past votecounts so much so that TK wanted to link them all on the front page.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
They theoretically put tom at 5 votes earlier today when no one really seemed ready for the phase to end, their vote on you was also weird because you were at the time the claimed Cop Quadruple voter and they voted for you based off of half of the claim. I would much rather do an inactive but I also just wanted to have some read out there, too much of the discussion today has been about the setup.

Vote: KevinM

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
GLG, I get that you're itching to get off the topic of setup and focus more on everybody's reads of others, but is there anything about the past votecounts? I get that there definitely is, but I can't seem to put my finger on anything besides the "?"s, but that's simply a lack of information and not an ongoing pattern. I'm pretty sold on a pattern though, whatever it is.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can't be any other alignment other than Third-Party (or a betting win-condition) since if I was directly Town or Scum that would break the game.
T Town : Read your role PM really carefully and then tell me if we need to lynch this.

I think we actually have to.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
EBWOP

anything about the past votecounts that strikes you as odd?
I know this is @GLG, but this is pretty consistent with either a shadow vote or a vote that moves based on some criteria. Either way, who cares? Does this help you find Scum?

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
GLG, I get that you're itching to get off the topic of setup and focus more on everybody's reads of others, but is there anything about the past votecounts? I get that there definitely is, but I can't seem to put my finger on anything besides the "?"s, but that's simply a lack of information and not an ongoing pattern. I'm pretty sold on a pattern though, whatever it is.
If there’s a pattern with the question mark votes, I think we don’t have enough information to determine that pattern.

Dooplissity Dooplissity Yes, it does sound like we’ll have to lynch TK at some point.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
1.1: Tom
1.2: Z25
1.3: Z25
1.4: Z25
1.5: Utopian
1.6: Utopian
1.7: Undecided

Really not sure what to make of this, and I'm probably on the wrong path. But there is DEFINITELY something important about past votecounts so much so that TK wanted to link them all on the front page.
I agree there’s some importance we are missing. Maybe past vote counts affect the next ? Vote somehow?
**** there's an actual town user whoops
Lol happens every time

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok I’ve received some information from the host that I’m allowed to confirm.

The action telling me I should lynch utopian has come from another player not the mod or TK like I thought.

Also in regards to if we lynch TK. It’s says in my pm that as town I win when all other factions have been defeated. I didn’t notice the plural in this statement, but I think it might refer to tK now that we know they seem to count as a faction.

So yes at some point it seems they have to go

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I know this is @GLG, but this is pretty consistent with either a shadow vote or a vote that moves based on some criteria. Either way, who cares? Does this help you find Scum?
Answer: No. It does not find scum. I just wanted a second opinion on:

Though, to toss you all a bone, I've updated the front page with all the vote counts.
Now, why would Theo do this? It's obviously important, but I really cannot figure out what is important about it. Just so we're clear, I'm not trying to purposely distract. I just really wanted to know whether somebody else figured something out about the votecounts that I couldn't see. I even mentioned it here:

I get that you're itching to get off the topic of setup and focus more on everybody's reads of others
I said this so that people would know that this is my last post about the setup for a while. I know that at this point, setup talk can be considered off-topic, so I wanted to keep that part brief so that we can get to reading the players.

With that being said, I think my understanding of this madness is somewhat contained, so feel free to ask me any questions about my thoughts on others. Fair warning; I probably will have plenty of null reads, as we weren't as focused on player analysis as much as we were on game analysis.

I'm tired though so cyal in the morning. Hopefully there isn't anything too crucial to ask me rn.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
With that being said, I think my understanding of this madness is somewhat contained, so feel free to ask me any questions about my thoughts on others. Fair warning; I probably will have plenty of null reads, as we weren't as focused on player analysis as much as we were on game anaylsis.
This goes for everyone but instead of posting reads lists lets just try to stick to 2-4 people you would be willing to lynch and why, instead of doing a full read list

Top Bottom