• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Game Mafia 2 - End of Line

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Because we want to have a weenie waving contest about who can be more coy instead of doing anything useful.

Does anyone have any actual scumreads? If Tom and Kevinm show up and seem town, where do we go?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Because we want to have a weenie waving contest about who can be more coy instead of doing anything useful.

Does anyone have any actual scumreads? If Tom and Kevinm show up and seem town, where do we go?
Do you really think you can have actual reads?

I'm not asking to be annoying, I'm just wondering, it appears we can't trust our role pms, we can't trust what team we're even on.

Tom and KevinM are fine for me because they're not posting.

Maven seems fine to me.

Raxxel and Z25's response to Maven is striking me as odd.

I have NO idea what TK is doing. He's the mod, but he isn't. but he definitely sent everyone's pms. But he didn't.

I believe voting undecided will result in a Random lynch.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
EBWOP

When I said tom and kevin are fine with me, they're fine as lynch targets.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Why would that prohibit you from guessing?
It doesn’t but why guess when maven is being cryptic as hell and just saying kill Tom.

If he won’t give answers why should I put ideas out there?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
i want to add that by saying he doesn’t know if he can answer or not, makes me feel like he’s fishing for information without giving any himself.

Which i don’t think looks good for a town player

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Utopian - ? (Z25, ?)
It appears that the “?” vote has moved to me. So it went Tom, to Z25, to me? Very curious.

i want to add that by saying he doesn’t know if he can answer or not, makes me feel like he’s fishing for information without giving any himself.

Which i don’t think looks good for a town player
Dude, how is Maven fishing for answers? He obviously knows something that we don’t. He probably unlocks something in his role by lynching Tom or something.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Do you really think you can have actual reads?

I'm not asking to be annoying, I'm just wondering, it appears we can't trust our role pms, we can't trust what team we're even on.

Tom and KevinM are fine for me because they're not posting.

Maven seems fine to me.

Raxxel and Z25's response to Maven is striking me as odd.

I have NO idea what TK is doing. He's the mod, but he isn't. but he definitely sent everyone's pms. But he didn't.

I believe voting undecided will result in a Random lynch.
Uhh, my PM is pretty clear I'm town..

vote pythag

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It appears that the “?” vote has moved to me. So it went Tom, to Z25, to me? Very curious.

Dude, how is Maven fishing for answers? He obviously knows something that we don’t. He probably unlocks something in his role by lynching Tom or something.
Because he said maybe he could answer my questions but he had to check and yet we’ve heard nothing. He essentially wanted me to give him info I had and then I’d bet he would go “oh I can’t answer your question”

But fine I’ll give out some information because I don’t think it’s too big.

At the start of the game I received a pm from TK that said I should lynch Utopian today.

They said I would get something for it, but couldn’t clarify if it would help or hurt me.

They also asked me a strange question but I’d rather save that for later when I have more info on its purpose

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Theory, TK is someone’s Double vote similar to the “?” Vote.

This is my guess on this and I agree with earlier sentiments stated on this.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Deku Palace started the game.

Tetris - Grandmaster started the day.

Doopliss Battle, Animal Crossing GCN, and Golden Sun were all during the day.

While it could be characters or hints, this seems pretty random on an overview.
Tbh I feel like music picks and the mod rarely mean something.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Uhh, my PM is pretty clear I'm town..

vote pythag
Dang it, I was all set to smack you with a quote from the rules post...only to find that it says “I will NOT lie to you in your role PM” I am wrong then.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
We're on the same page, and I get that you're gently advocating rather than commanding, but I also think Scum have an incentive to get anyone but them cop checked.
I half way see this but I think players are thinking very outside of the box to think about shinanigans.

B game and all.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'll help you out some.

Whenever I'm using this color, I'm acting as Theo. This may help.

The previous VGM had Shifty (Happy Tree Friends). He ended up escaping this realm.
I need to catch up on this.

But are you giving or taking orders? Seems you let others do the dirty work?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Tbh I feel like music picks and the mod rarely mean something.
That was just reference for Z25.

Why did you join here?
Maven said lynch Tom because of reasons, so I'm trusting Maven enough to lend my vote to his push to see what it brings up. Once again, it's pretty clear that Maven knows something that we can't know about right now, because the Mafia could and would use the information that Maven has. Because of this, I am fine with him keeping his privacy for now. I don't really see a problem with following Maven for toDay, and see what kinds of fruit it will bring us toMorrow.

If you think back to Fire and Lighting 3 where Kary and I were the Comp Cop, we kept telling you all to kill Pokechu because of reasons. Those being that we were very important to the game. I feel as if Maven is in the same position here (?) which is why I'm down to go along with whatever plan he's trying to pull off.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Vote: KevinM

I feel lyncher vibes with a hint of #HBC face from maven.

Z25 and UP give me better vibes but I feel this has a lot of information overload and why my reads feel weak.

I don’t trust Maven so gonna go for the other lunch.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Are you a lyncher
#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu , I figured that Maven must have had some type of information bingo on Tom, which is why it was so important for Maven to get Tom out. However, a lyncher? I hadn't yet considered this possibility (mostly because I completely forgot about indies).

Personally, I don't find lyncherMaven to be likely. Lynchers are anti-town, right? You'd think that Maven would find a better way of getting a Tom lynch across without blatantly yelling "Lynch Tom". I mean, wouldn't there be? I personally haven't played with a lyncher present, but I have read about them on mafiascumwiki.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
At the start of the game I received a pm from TK that said I should lynch Utopian today.
Excuse me, but what? Could you clarify? Let it be made clear that there is no reason to lynch me, so I'm not sure why the mod of all people would tell you that.

Unless I'm missing something, which is fine.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Excuse me, but what? Could you clarify? Let it be made clear that there is no reason to lynch me, so I'm not sure why the mod of all people would tell you that.

Unless I'm missing something, which is fine.
Not sure that was all I was told, that I’d get something out of it if town lynched you.

Which based on mavens cryptidness i would be he has something similar, because the only other person that would tell him to do something would be scummates.
Right now I’m betting maven received something like I did because as scum that would be a stupid move to just repeatedly request someone die because some mysterious force said too

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Not sure that was all I was told, that I’d get something out of it if town lynched you.

Which based on mavens cryptidness i would be he has something similar, because the only other person that would tell him to do something would be scummates.
Right now I’m betting maven received something like I did because as scum that would be a stupid move to just repeatedly request someone die because some mysterious force said too
Vote: Z25

Bolded is a scum slip.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Could you elaborate? Do you think that Maven is scum and his scummates told him to wagon Tom? Or did I misunderstand your point?
I don’t think he’s scum.

I think he’s been given a similar or same request by TK(or one of TKs personalities) but to lynch Tom instead.

Like me he was probably promised something in return which is why he’s been pushing this so hard.

Scum wouldn’t do that as that’s too much attention on one of their teammates as no one is going to like someone saying to kill a person over and over

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vote: KevinM

I feel lyncher vibes with a hint of #HBC face from maven.

Z25 and UP give me better vibes but I feel this has a lot of information overload and why my reads feel weak.

I don’t trust Maven so gonna go for the other lunch.
I like this. vote kevinm

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also if I may ask you all something.

We’ve been seeing the orange text used and white text to differentiate third. But do any of your role pms use these colors.

For example, any pms I’ve received are in white written forms, which should be non mod TK. Has anyone received any in orange from Leo(that was their name right?)?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The wording if town lynched you versus if you were lynched.

Let wording implies z25 is not town.
Who else would be lynching someone except town?

That’s why I used town. I don’t really get your point there.

My vote is only staying because I’m curious to see what would happen if I voted but the user wasn’t lynched.

I wanted to ask that but wasn’t getting clarification so I figured I’d try out my theory here. The more we know on the setup the better.

Also why would scum get rewards for lynches? Op game or not, that wouldn’t make any sense when scum could in theory do anything already based on TK’s pre game thread

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa Vote count? Specifically wanna see KevinM vs. Tom in terms of vote count. Both are inactives, but if I can avoid feeding into Maven, who has offered no real explanation for wanting Tom dead, while still offing an inactive, that would be great.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Scum wouldn’t do that as that’s too much attention on one of their teammates as no one is going to like someone saying to kill a person over and over
I'm sorry, I don't follow.

Vote: Z25

Bolded is a scum slip.
Hmm, I see where you're coming from.

If he's scum, then what do you make of his claim of "TK told me to lynch Utopian"?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

If he's scum, then what do you make of his claim of "TK told me to lynch Utopian"?
EBWOP

Hmm, I can see where you're coming from.

If he's indy/scum, then what do you make of his claim of "TK told me to lynch Utopian"?

(I keep on forgetting that indies are also possible. Hasn't been the case since my first game with Nabe)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Who else would be lynching someone except town?

That’s why I used town. I don’t really get your point there.

My vote is only staying because I’m curious to see what would happen if I voted but the user wasn’t lynched.

I wanted to ask that but wasn’t getting clarification so I figured I’d try out my theory here. The more we know on the setup the better.

Also why would scum get rewards for lynches? Op game or not, that wouldn’t make any sense when scum could in theory do anything already based on TK’s pre game thread
Scum is voting as well.

Getting everyone to vote is key here, but your specific wording is was to get Town to lynch Utopian.

Not for Utopian to be lynched but for Town to do it.

Town would not phrase a response like that. Scum only would when it is to convince the majority to do it when paraphrasing from a role pm.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm sorry, I don't follow.

Look at this way,

Let’s say in theory maven was scum, all he has said this game is kill Tom, kill Tom, kill Tom.

As you see people like rax and any townies isn’t going to like that type of mentality when there is no reason, just an expressed angry that he wanted Tom dead. Which is caused maven to be focused up as the participants here(myself included) are wonder why he’s so ill thirsty.
That type of heat isn’t what a scum team would want. Just demanding lynches is how one would ultimately be lynched.

EBWOP

Hmm, I can see where you're coming from.

If he's indy/scum, then what do you make of his claim of "TK told me to lynch Utopian"?

(I keep on forgetting that indies are also possible. Hasn't been the case since my first game with Nabe)
You know I forgot indies too. I wouldn’t count out there being one but I hope there isn’t as thats a lot of chaos at play. Although maybe the Leo personality counts as this?

I really hope there’s no cult like third said there could be. Those are the worse to deal with

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Scum is voting as well.

Getting everyone to vote is key here, but your specific wording is was to get Town to lynch Utopian.

Not for Utopian to be lynched but for Town to do it.

Town would not phrase a response like that. Scum only would when it is to convince the majority to do it when paraphrasing from a role pm.
I see your point there. I speak that way because I’ve always a townie, so I speak from the perspective that we as town would have to lynch.

Yes scum votes too, but scum still count as part of the town pool technically when voting. It’s not that scum get a separate from town, the town and scum all share the same vote under the guise of town.

I hope that’s clear enough of an explanation. I used town in that statement because scum or not it’s the whole town that’s voting

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
While we wait for vote results if we even get them, I want to test something:

Unvote

Vote: Theo

Top Bottom