• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Game Mafia 2 - End of Line

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Vote: Thirdkoopa

Request Vote Count

I’m trying to decide if the hidden alive player count is because at some point players will come back from the dead. I think we’ll have a lot of twists and turns this game and to be honest, TK not telling us deadlines and votes required to lynch to me is better than us expecting a deadline to happen at a certain time and then suddenly the day ends.
It could definitely relate to a later factor in the game That’s assuming that these gimmicks or actions(whatever you want to call them) repeat later one.

Which maybe we will see absolutely unhelpful come back. Something to consider. I sort of like the idea of not knowing when this phase ends, it lulls a big problem we have had in our past few games so hopefully it’s a good change

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

As you wish.

Vote Count:
Maven - ? (Red Ryu)
Thirdkoopa - ? (Giraffelasergun)
Utopian - ? (Dooplissity, Z25)
Dooplissity (Raxxel)
Kevin - ? (Thirdkoopa)
Tom - ? (?)

Unvote - (Utopian, Kevin, Maven, Tom, Pythag)
Hey bruvva do you mind explaining the bold? Like is that “Dooplissity- 1 (Raxxel)” or somethin because that would be cool to clarify

I mean given the nature of the game, the lack of a question mark is probs intentional. But why not the “1”?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Hey bruvva do you mind explaining the bold? Like is that “Dooplissity- 1 (Raxxel)” or somethin because that would be cool to clarify

I mean given the nature of the game, the lack of a question mark is probs intentional. But why not the “1”?
That's what we call a mod error. I'll fix that one~

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Unvote
There is another factor outside of our own votes that is affecting the count. I don't think Third is just messing with us by placing question marks when our names are right there. Plus something unknown is voting for Tom.

giraffelasergun giraffelasergun Curious, what do you gain voting for Thirdkoopa?
In all honesty, I was just testing to see if TK could be voted for in this set up. Did think it was interesting that TK both has his own vote and Tom has a mystery vote from some other means.

giraffelasergun giraffelasergun , you there? Dude, it’s been AGES since we’ve played. Want to talk about TK while he’s obviously listening?
I'm here now. I think anything TK says is going to be useless when it comes to trying to solve this setup/his role in it, especially this early. What do you think about Doop's vote on you, and Raxxel's subsequent vote on Doop?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Unvote

In all honesty, I was just testing to see if TK could be voted for in this set up. Did think it was interesting that TK both has his own vote and Tom has a mystery vote from some other means.

I'm here now. I think anything TK says is going to be useless when it comes to trying to solve this setup/his role in it, especially this early. What do you think about Doop's vote on you, and Raxxel's subsequent vote on Doop?
Fair enough. I think TK being a voting option is odd. Makes me wonder, can we lynch them? And if we do, what happens? Do we just get less information, or will something else occur?

Regarding the Doop vote, I'm using it as early game vote pressure to keep him in check. Especially because his mention of a quadruple vote has me curious, this was before TK essentially revealed that the vote count is not as transparent as we thought.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Heyyy, NOW we’re playing!

Hey GLG, nothing personal, but I’m not terribly convinced. Even in a game like this, why vote the mod? Imo there really isn’t a good reason to, which is why I believe you have some information about the setup that nobody else does.

I don’t think much of it, but I just want to mention that you have more information than you are letting on. Regardless, it isn’t my place to pull it out of you this early in the game, and it doesn’t do anything for my reads.

Unless you’re just really lucky and voting for Thirdkoopa counted without your knowledge. I’m down to give you the benefit of the doubt for that reason. It was a good move, as we now know that TK can vote and be voted for. So thanks for your intuition! I just feel like you may have been led to that assumption through some unknown means. You feel?

Yeah, given that TK is a mod who can vote for players on a whim, I’m taking everything being said with less than a grain of salt. It’s still really early game so I don’t want to rely too much on mod info anyway, but the setup doesn’t really do us any favors.

Regarding Doop’s vote on me: I don’t think too much of it. I get that it’s a gambit, which is beneficial and all, but because I already know my alignment, I’m not like “ooh noo, a vote on me”. Instead I figured I’d let it play out. With Doop’s claim that he has a guilty on me, why wouldn’t people trust that? I’m down to be a scapegoat for this. If I’m apparently scum, why wouldn’t the townies lynch me? (I’m still town, but it it would be anti-town to NOT vote for me, right?)

Regarding Raxxel’s vote: Given that Doop said he had a bingo on me, why would Raxxel vote for Doop? Does Raxxel have an investigative role or something of the like? I mean, if that were the case, then Doop claiming they were ALSO a cop would seem fishy to copRaxxel, regardless of whether Raxxel even copchecked Doop.

That’s just my interpretation, and it could be a ways off. Idk if either of them even are investigators. But I guess Raxxel provided his own reasoning, so I’ll check that out and give some commentary...

Soon

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fair enough. I think TK being a voting option is odd. Makes me wonder, can we lynch them? And if we do, what happens? Do we just get less information, or will something else occur?
My thought is if we kill the mod the game would end. Since the mod is no longer there to run the game.
That sounds “Monty-Python” enough to happen in this game

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
I actually would really like everyones' opinion on lynching TK. Good idea? Bad idea?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m not sure how I feel about lynching TK.

It’s possible lynching them could revert some of the stuff this game and give us more direction, it we could also end the game.

I think it’s best to wait it out and see more of the cryptic stuff TK posts and try to go from there if we can figure it all out

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I'm using it as early game vote pressure to keep him in check. Especially because his mention of a quadruple vote has me curious, this was before TK essentially revealed that the vote count is not as transparent as we thought.
Hmmmm, ehhhhhhhhhh. I mean, I guess that kinda...? Never mind, I really don’t get it. There isn’t anything about a quadruple vote that is scummy. Unless you’re trying to pressure Doop into giving away information about his role this early? Dude, I get that you’re new, but it’s way to early to put pressure on for rolefishing. Besides, why would you need to know about his role on D1?

Sure. You wanted to use early game vote pressure. That’s all fine and good, and completely normal. I’m just concerned about your reasoning for Doop. It is early game, and I get that you probably put the vote there because you haven’t experienced a role madness game where everybody has ridiculous roles. So I’m here to let you know that if Doop is telling the truth, then I’m not shocked at all about his claim.

But there’s no need to fish this early, even if you’re simply applying vote pressure. It seems anti-town to me, but I’m down to give you some leeway as I’m probably just making something from nothing.

giraffelasergun giraffelasergun , you follow me? What do you think of my claim? Is Raxxel scummy for putting a vote on a player that they were “curious” about?

My goal this game I’m trying to be more realistic about what “things” mean or imply. In the end, this could be a false positive. But it’s an inquiry at least.

My thought is if we kill the mod the game would end. Since the mod is no longer there to run the game.
Sure, I get your point. But wouldn’t that be... anticlimactic? Like does town even win by killing the mod? Sure the game ends... but then what? Does everybody just lose?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sure, I get your point. But wouldn’t that be... anticlimactic? Like does town even win by killing the mod? Sure the game ends... but then what? Does everybody just lose?
It depends on how committed to the joke TK is tbh.
Is it anticlimactic? Yes? But he also described this game as a headache. I’m just postulating here

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I do really wonder if we could actually get any benifit from killing the mod though. Would the game be a bit normal? Could we get actual rules? Maybe learn some of the connections TK mentioned like the possible Star Wars Mafia one?

There's a lot that could happen, but I really don't want to take that risk tbh.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I actually would really like everyones' opinion on lynching TK. Good idea? Bad idea?
Don't think we would benefit from it that much right now. Maybe he would reveal some information that he is hiding currently, but I'd rather use are day one lynch to get out a probable scum or a null slot.
Heyyy, NOW we’re playing!
Hey GLG, nothing personal, but I’m not terribly convinced. Even in a game like this, why vote the mod? Imo there really isn’t a good reason to, which is why I believe you have some information about the setup that nobody else does.

I don’t think much of it, but I just want to mention that you have more information than you are letting on. Regardless, it isn’t my place to pull it out of you this early in the game, and it doesn’t do anything for my reads.

Unless you’re just really lucky and voting for Thirdkoopa counted without your knowledge. I’m down to give you the benefit of the doubt for that reason. It was a good move, as we now know that TK can vote and be voted for. So thanks for your intuition! I just feel like you may have been led to that assumption through some unknown means. You feel?
Having played b. games before I knew that it was a possibility that the host would be lynchable, just wanted to see early on if that was the case or not. I'm not a fan of doing it, but I just wanted to know for sure if we could or not. It's an intuition thing.

Regarding Doop’s vote on me: I don’t think too much of it. I get that it’s a gambit, which is beneficial and all, but because I already know my alignment, I’m not like “ooh noo, a vote on me”. Instead I figured I’d let it play out. With Doop’s claim that he has a guilty on me, why wouldn’t people trust that? I’m down to be a scapegoat for this. If I’m apparently scum, why wouldn’t the townies lynch me? (I’m still town, but it it would be anti-town to NOT vote for me, right?)

Regarding Raxxel’s vote: Given that Doop said he had a bingo on me, why would Raxxel vote for Doop? Does Raxxel have an investigative role or something of the like? I mean, if that were the case, then Doop claiming they were ALSO a cop would seem fishy to copRaxxel, regardless of whether Raxxel even copchecked Doop.
TBH I read doop's vote as an RVS vote, and then the subsequent posts about using his "dream god powers" and "being a quadruple voter" i interpreted as jokes which is why I didn't think much of the vote, but Raxxel's vote for Doop afterwards makes me think he believe the part about the quadruple voter and not the alignment checker. I don't think Raxxel is scummy for doop's vote, and I'm happy that Raxxel provided reasoning behind it. A quadruple voter wouldn't necessarily read scummy or town to me so if that was Raxxel's reasoning for voting Doop it's fine.

Vote: Tom. He's hasn't posted yet today which is Anti-Towm.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
What would the result be is the question. Would a majority town make it a win for town? Or would scum win from not being cleansed from the game?
Hmmmm, ehhhhhhhhhh. I mean, I guess that kinda...? Never mind, I really don’t get it. There isn’t anything about a quadruple vote that is scummy. Unless you’re trying to pressure Doop into giving away information about his role this early? Dude, I get that you’re new, but it’s way to early to put pressure on for rolefishing. Besides, why would you need to know about his role on D1?

Sure. You wanted to use early game vote pressure. That’s all fine and good, and completely normal. I’m just concerned about your reasoning for Doop. It is early game, and I get that you probably put the vote there because you haven’t experienced a role madness game where everybody has ridiculous roles. So I’m here to let you know that if Doop is telling the truth, then I’m not shocked at all about his claim.

But there’s no need to fish this early, even if you’re simply applying vote pressure. It seems anti-town to me, but I’m down to give you some leeway as I’m probably just making something from nothing.

giraffelasergun giraffelasergun , you follow me? What do you think of my claim? Is Raxxel scummy for putting a vote on a player that they were “curious” about?

My goal this game I’m trying to be more realistic about what “things” mean or imply. In the end, this could be a false positive. But it’s an inquiry at least.

I agree that having a quad vote isn't an inherently scummy ability, but it is a dangerous one. We need to seriously consider if we want someone with this kind of power to be in the late game. They could be bluffing about having the scum check for all we know, and even if they're not scum a town still shouldn't be this powerful lest they make a mistake or manipulated to do so. I also don't see why a detective would reveal themselves this early when they know full well then that they will be killed at night. This is why I feel Doop should be checked.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Unvote

You think asking the mod would lead to being fruitless?

You think it might be possible he has “passwords” or “key words” he might answer following his own set-up for a mod-user?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wonder if TK counts as an actual player, does that mean he also gets a vote?

So could he be voting Tom?

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I wonder if TK counts as an actual player, does that mean he also gets a vote?

So could he be voting Tom?
Thought he was voting for Kevin?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Thought he was voting for Kevin?
That’s what it says, but there’s a question mark over Tom for the vote. So maybe TK could also have abilities we are unaware of.

So the secret voter might not even be a player, but the mod themselves.

That’s just some thoughts I had in looking at things

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something

Vote Count 1.2:
Maven - ? (Red Ryu, Pythag)
Dooplissity - ? (Raxxel)
Red Ryu - ? (UtopianPoyzin)
Kevin - ? (Thirdkoopa)
Z25 - ? (?)

Unvote - (Kevin, Maven)

With ? alive it takes ? to lynch. Deadline is in ?.

(edit: messed up something; fixed)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So the vote from Tom moved to me.

I wonder if this was triggered by my posts?

I don’t see reason for someone to randomly switch from Tom to anyone at this point if they were secretly voting on Tom.

So could our mod interactions or specific key words in our posts trigger a change?

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
So the vote from Tom moved to me.

I wonder if this was triggered by my posts?

I don’t see reason for someone to randomly switch from Tom to anyone at this point if they were secretly voting on Tom.

So could our mod interactions or specific key words in our posts trigger a change?
I wonder...

Vote: ?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

Vote Count 1.2:
Maven - ? (Red Ryu, Pythag)
Dooplissity - ? (Raxxel)
Red Ryu - ? (UtopianPoyzin)
Kevin - ? (Thirdkoopa)
Z25 - ? (?)

Unvote - (Kevin, Maven)

With ? alive it takes ? to lynch. Deadline is in ?.

(edit: messed up something; fixed)
GLG’s vote? Tom’s vote?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
@?

wdffssss
Bruh. You’re telling me there’s a “master” in the game and they aren’t you?

Whelp. Time to pick our bags and skedaddle, the game is officially out of our hands now :mad:
that quote is interesting actually.

What if there’s two TK’s?

One is TK the out of game personality, and the other is TK’s in game personality as the host.

Perhaps the OG one is ? And the game master?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Lol ignore that top part,

I was testing to see if they stealthily made an actual ? User for this game

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Hey Z25 Z25 , I see you viewing the thread. What do you think our first course of action should be? Do we try to figure out the game mechanics, or do we figure out our first lynch? What’s the priority?

Or both? Just go with the flow? What next?

that quote is interesting actually.

What if there’s two TK’s?

One is TK the out of game personality, and the other is TK’s in game personality as the host.

Perhaps the OG one is ? And the game master?
Hmm, did not consider that. If anything, Id bet more on a user that isn’t one of the ten playing along (as “?”) and it’s our job to figure out who? I’m literally just spitballing, because I’m completely clueless.

But the strike though text still stands, didn’t realize you and I were typing responses at the same time.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hey Z25 Z25 , I see you viewing the thread. What do you think our first course of action should be? Do we try to figure out the game mechanics, or do we figure out our first lynch? What’s the priority?

Or both? Just go with the flow? What next?

Hmm, did not consider that. If anything, Id bet more on a user that isn’t one of the ten playing along (as “?”) and it’s our job to figure out who? I’m literally just spitballing, because I’m completely clueless.

But the strike though text still stands, didn’t realize you and I were typing responses at the same time.
I could see ? Being a user not listed but that feels a little unfair if that’s the case. How would we figure out who it is?

We would be completely in the dark on that person which could be a big disadvantage if we don’t know what the mystery person can do.

Although if it isn’t someone listed, maybe it’s a spectator? Which could be a bit easier to figure out if true. Maybe the thousand year door post was a hint?

After all that game has spectators in every fight that can interact with the gameplay a bit.

So maybe there is something to consider there as well.

As for a plan of action, I say figure out game mechanics first. We probably won’t solve them but they’d be a good day one topic to keep discussing as a day one lynch usually won’t make any huge difference in a game overall. It’s day one so we have plenty of phases to go through and can afford a mid Lynch. It wouldn’t be easy to hunt down scum in this setup day one

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is probably reaching but I’ll bring it up just in case:
That's what we call a mod error. I'll fix that one~
TK doesn’t refer to themselves here like you would expect. It’s a vague statement but would you expect the word “I” in this sentence? Like I made an error I’ll fix it.

But this makes sure to not directly refer to TK in a first person manner. They said I’ll fix that one, but that’s without referring to themselves making the mistake.

So I wonder if this was intentional wording to make us think or figure out there is a possibility of two TKs?

Top Bottom