• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Game Mafia 2 - End of Line

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I could see ? Being a user not listed but that feels a little unfair if that’s the case. How would we figure out who it is?

We would be completely in the dark on that person which could be a big disadvantage if we don’t know what the mystery person can do.

Although if it isn’t someone listed, maybe it’s a spectator? Which could be a bit easier to figure out if true. Maybe the thousand year door post was a hint?

After all that game has spectators in every fight that can interact with the gameplay a bit.

So maybe there is something to consider there as well.

As for a plan of action, I say figure out game mechanics first. We probably won’t solve them but they’d be a good day one topic to keep discussing as a day one lynch usually won’t make any huge difference in a game overall. It’s day one so we have plenty of phases to go through and can afford a mid Lynch. It wouldn’t be easy to hunt down scum in this setup day one
Gotcha. I feel ya then. It’s probably going to be tough to figure out “?” if nobody claims anything, but I doubt that we’ll be getting any substantial claims D1. In the meantime, what do you think of TK’s song selection? We had a Golden Sun track for this past votecount...

That doesn’t mean much besides the presence of a Golden’s sun character, right? Whelp...

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
This is probably reaching but I’ll bring it up just in case:

TK doesn’t refer to themselves here like you would expect. It’s a vague statement but would you expect the word “I” in this sentence? Like I made an error I’ll fix it.

But this makes sure to not directly refer to TK in a first person manner. They said I’ll fix that one, but that’s without referring to themselves making the mistake.

So I wonder if this was intentional wording to make us think or figure out there is a possibility of two TKs?
Ngl, I feel like this is a wee bit of a stretch. I mean, if you’d like to pursue this wording, go for it. But I can’t see much in that imo, just seems like “that’s a mod error”, and TK being the mod is implied.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Gotcha. I feel ya then. It’s probably going to be tough to figure out “?” if nobody claims anything, but I doubt that we’ll be getting any substantial claims D1. In the meantime, what do you think of TK’s song selection? We had a Golden Sun track for this past votecount...

That doesn’t mean much besides the presence of a Golden’s sun character, right? Whelp...
The songs and their game origin could be a hint.

Maybe golden sun is meant to refer to it still being a day phase as the sun is only out during the day and we don’t know the days end.

It might hint towards characters but that feels too obviously imo

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Wait a moment.

“Technically I’m not him” if TK isn’t TK, then who are they?
Wait, he said that? Okay, I’m 100% down to give a “two TKs” another look. It’s probably an ingame TK and a mod TK. THIS is the wording to focus on. Great catch Z25.

Everybody else, what are y’all thinking about TK? Now that we know that they are a separate entity from the mod, do we try to vote them?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Deku Palace started the game.

Tetris - Grandmaster started the day.

Doopliss Battle, Animal Crossing GCN, and Golden Sun were all during the day.

While it could be characters or hints, this seems pretty random on an overview.
That’s what I’ve been reviewing. It is random.

Grandmaster feels like a kinda obvious one though. What if that’s referring to the true master that wasn’t TK?

Deku palace, no idea. Maybe it ties into the two big themes of Majora’s Mask, death and hiding identifies behind masks?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wait, he said that? Okay, I’m 100% down to give a “two TKs” another look. It’s probably an ingame TK and a mod TK. THIS is the wording to focus on. Great catch Z25.

Everybody else, what are y’all thinking about TK? Now that we know that they are a separate entity from the mod, do we try to vote them?
Yes Pythag said “isn’t TK voting Kevin and modding” and that was Tk’s Response

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Actually... ingame Thirdkoopa is also probably going to be useful to us. We have no idea about their alignment. I mean, if TK was really trying to **** with us, he’d make himself scum, which would absolutely suck to decipher if that were indeed the case. I’d rather we refrain from hastily voting TK, but I do think he is an important player to consider for copchecks.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mobile posting but

GLGs response to me was good
Z25 explicitly advocating for mechanics > scumhunting is wrong but reads as Town to me
UP directing cops to TK is bad

I actually like my stupid RVS vote so you can consider it "real" now.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
UP directing cops to TK
important player to consider for copchecks
I mean, I'm not a cop, so I can't really check myself. However, if I WERE a cop, I might give that a shot. But I can't control anything; all I can do is think out loud on what was brought to my attention, and I was curious.

I mean you're entitled to your vote, and I guess that my action COULD be interpreted as scummy, but I just want to make sure that you an I are on the same page on what I was trying to say. I'm not taking back what I said, as I do think that a Thirdkoopa could potentially be insightful. But are we at least on the same terms that I wasn't trying to force a TK investigation. (Which would distract the cop from actually looking into players who seem especially scummy.)

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
We're on the same page, and I get that you're gently advocating rather than commanding, but I also think Scum have an incentive to get anyone but them cop checked.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
So you are a separate entity while you type as beige I believe. I would ask "who's Thirdkoopa" then, but you've probably given us too much info already, and I'm assuming that it's still you. Anyway, thanks! That kinda answers my previous questions about who TK is.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
So you are a separate entity while you type as beige I believe. I would ask "who's Thirdkoopa" then, but you've probably given us too much info already, and I'm assuming that it's still you. Anyway, thanks! That kinda answers my previous questions about who TK is.
I'll be glad to speak more at a later time. Whether it's me or anyone else, you all should probably lynch soon.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
you all should probably lynch soon.
I honestly don't know if I should take you seriously. Like do we all suffer a disadvantage if we don't lynch in 24 hours? If that's the case, bleh. Don't make me rush, that's how I make mistakes and accidentally press the "lynch Thirdkoopa" button, and you wouldn't want that.

Z25 Z25 . What do you make of Thirdkoopa's warnings for a quick lynch?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
There goes Z25, this is very sad.

Somebody else, do we follow Thirdkoopa's advice? I mean, on any other day, I'd rather not. But I really don't want to get ****ed over because "we couldn't lynch in 24 hours". I personally have no hurry atm, but what about yall?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something

Vote Count 1.3:
Maven - ? (Red Ryu, Pythag)
Utopian - ? (Dooplissity, Z25)
Kevin - ? (Thirdkoopa)
Tom - ? (Maven, UtopianPoyzin)
Z25 - ? (?)
Undecided - ? (Kevin, Tom, Giraffelasergun)

With ? alive it takes ? to lynch. Deadline is in ?.

edit: Forgot Giraffel

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Clarification:

I honestly don't know if TK is referring to a "quick lynch" being 24 hours, but that's what I would associate with being a "quick lynch".

A 48 hour lynch would be a "moderately fast" lynch, and 3 days would be ~normal. I really have no clue how to piece it all together, but "you all should lynch fast" has been the recurring theme from TK for the whole game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I honestly don't know if I should take you seriously. Like do we all suffer a disadvantage if we don't lynch in 24 hours? If that's the case, bleh. Don't make me rush, that's how I make mistakes and accidentally press the "lynch Thirdkoopa" button, and you wouldn't want that.

Z25 Z25 . What do you make of Thirdkoopa's warnings for a quick lynch?
I didn’t vanish,

Anyway.

Third has said we should probably lynch soon multiple times already. It was even sent to me via pm when they said the game started.

I don’t know if there’s a penalty for it but you could be right. I don’t know what their goal here is by trying to push us to lynch fast.

Why is the vote count 1.3 though?

That makes no sense

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
quicklynching in a 10p game is incredibly dangerous, especially given roles and ****

we do probably want to claim earlier than normal in the phase since the claims will be so wacky

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
quicklynching in a 10p game is incredibly dangerous
Yep, yep. I'm definitely on board with this. I don't want to be penalized for "taking too long", but...

Don't make me rush, that's how I make mistakes
I'm sure it's fine to bite the bullet D1? We are definitely going to need some time to process everything regardless.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
But there’s 8 votes accounted for. Unless it’s related to 3 people not voting but if so why?
11, check unvotes. That encompasses everybody...

...except....

Raxxel isn't on the list, and I don't believe they were voting for Z25. They were on Doop, right? So that's one extra vote from an unknown player, but this much as already been established.

I was just saying that
Why is the vote count 1.3 though?

That makes no sense
1.3 refers to day1.vc3.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
11, check unvotes. That encompasses everybody...

...except....

Raxxel isn't on the list, and I don't believe they were voting for Z25. They were on Doop, right? So that's one extra vote from an unknown player, but this much as already been established.

I was just saying that

1.3 refers to day1.vc3.
Rax started with doop but tried voting for ?.
If that vote counts then they should be on the list regardless. Voting ? Might have changed something for them then

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Rax started with doop but tried voting for ?.
If that vote counts then they should be on the list regardless. Voting ? Might have changed something for them then
Oh yeah, I do remember that happening. And now their vote no longer exists for some reason.

I really wish we had more people to talk to besides you me and Doop...

Top Bottom