• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video game characters you want with a 0% chance

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
Max from Dark Cloud 2. In addition to the whole Level-5 situation going on, the series is published by Sony.

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Diablo

No amount of partnership support is going to convince Nintendo to put the devil as a playable character.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Sora. Disney owns the character and knowing how stingy Square Enix was with Cloud and Hero, I don't think Sakurai is willing to go through the licensing nightmare hassles to get Sora in no matter how vocal the fan demand is.
thats assuming getting sora is harder than getting the licences for disney art academy

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Any Mortal Kombat kharacter: Now, it's not that they aren't iconic. They sure as hell are. Well, certain ones, as well as the franchise. It's that Japan isn't a fan of it in general and many of the games are banned from being released there. That said, Sub-Zero and Scorpion would be amazing.
Not complaining nor dissappointed or upset, but I think we can imply that Mortal Kombat is not eligible for Smash due to being banned/blocked in Japan. We probably can't get spirits of the Mortal Kombat cast. Sames goes with Spongebob.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Crypto from Destroy All Humans
Scorpion
Vectorman
Elite Beat Agents
Kratos
Nathan Drake
Master Chief
Among Us Crewmate/Imposter

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Silver. He's my favorite fictional character, let alone my favorite Sonic character. But as far as plausible Sonic characters in Smash go, you have the most likely four (Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Eggman), the less likely but very plausible ones (Amy, Metal Sonic, Classic Sonic, Blaze), and everyone else from the series has zero chance. Silver's one of them. He's made a playable appearance in one highly disliked game, and a couple of PSP games no one played. He's unimportant to the series and is generally hated for no reason other than his boss fight was annoying and his debut game was bad. Since then he's made a couple of cameos, a boss fight, and a minor role in Forces.
No way. I'd love to be surprised, but any way you cut it he has a 0% chance.
(edit: didn't think of it when I first posted this, but Oshawott-my favorite pokemon-also has no chance.)

Last edited:

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Uniracer from Uniracers/Unirally. Uniracers was developed by DMA Design (now Rockstar North) and published by Nintendo on the SNES. Disney killed it so soon only one run of the game was made, and never made it to Japan. Doing stunts to gain speed would be a very interesting mechanic, especially if there's an attack that uses it all up. You could even include Lemmings in the moveset.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Looking through this old thread, I’ve seen people considering all of these things an impossibility for Smash:
  • Undertale and Cuphead represented Smash
  • Resident Evil representation
  • Joker in Smash
  • Travis represented Smash
  • Vault Boy represented Smash
  • Goemon represented in Smash
We could all stand to never say never here

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Uniracer from Uniracers/Unirally. Uniracers was developed by DMA Design (now Rockstar North) and published by Nintendo on the SNES. Disney killed it so soon only one run of the game was made, and never made it to Japan. Doing stunts to gain speed would be a very interesting mechanic, especially if there's an attack that uses it all up. You could even include Lemmings in the moveset.
actually pixar killed it, this was before disney owned pixar

SharkLord

Smash Hero
The Beheaded from Dead Cells. It's a great game with fast combat and superb replayability, but it's still a recent indie. A fairly successful indie, yes, but when truly iconic Western indies like Undertale and Sovel Knight can't the cut, fairly successful isn't gonna cut it.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Among Us Crewmate/Imposter
The DLC fighters were chosen before Among Us became famous in late 2020. Among Us was originally released in late 2018.

Gruntilda. She might shoot up to my overall most wanted for future games depending on how those look. But the only background cameo character I could see get promoted to playable right now would be Tails or Knuckles. So for Ultimate at least, I think her chance is 0.
In the Dream Land 64 stage, King Dedede can be seen in the background. However, the animation of Dedede hovering the in background dissappears if he is present in the battle.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The DLC fighters were chosen before Among Us became famous in late 2020. Among Us was originally released in late 2018.

In the Dream Land 64 stage, King Dedede can be seen in the background. However, the animation of Dedede hovering the in background dissappears if he is present in the battle.
they’re not saying it can’t happen they’re saying it won’t. They’ve given two examples of characters who they think it could happen with. Read the full post

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
My friend likes Zegram Ghart from Rouge Galaxy. I told him nobody even knows who that is.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Conker. With 2 slots left, maximum 3 if we get the rumored bonus character, I doubt Conker will happen (and there's already another orange platforming character who I think they would prioritize, were he to be chosen). But Conker would be super fun, and I wonder if they would manage to make either his neutral or down B context sensitive as a gimmick.

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Conker. With 2 slots left, maximum 3 if we get the rumored bonus character, I doubt Conker will happen (and there's already another orange platforming character who I think they would prioritize, were he to be chosen). But Conker would be super fun, and I wonder if they would manage to make either his neutral or down B context sensitive as a gimmick.
We can have both Crash Bandicoot and Conker be playable at the same time. Pretty much any combination of characters being playable is eligible obviously.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
My friend likes Zegram Ghart from Rouge Galaxy. I told him nobody even knows who that is.
Oh you don’t have to tell me nobody knows who Zegram is. I’m fully aware of that myself lol. Zegram is a badass space pirate antihero from the PS2 JRPG Rogue Galaxy. He has one of the coolest designs of any video game character ever and is voiced by one of my favorite actors ever (Steve Blum). The fact that Rogue Galaxy was niche, PS2 only, and Zegram wasn’t even the main character means his chances are as close to zero as you can get. That doesn’t mean I can’t still want him in though.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
We can have both Crash Bandicoot and Conker be playable at the same time. Pretty much any combination of characters being playable is eligible obviously.
Well yes, it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility. I just think it's very unlikely that they'll double dip on platformer characters with so few slots left, and if they do, Conker seems unlikely to me even then.

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
I think it would be very cool to get Scrooge McDuck (DuckTales) or Donald Duck (Kingdom Hearts), though I admit that their roles in those games wouldn't be the reason I'd be happy about it. The Donald Duck comics were a very big part of my childhood.

Both impossible, of course, as one originated in comics and the other in a cartoon, and they are both "high-ranking" Disney characters.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
I think it would be very cool to get Scrooge McDuck (DuckTales) or Donald Duck (Kingdom Hearts), though I admit that their roles in those games wouldn't be the reason I'd be happy about it. The Donald Duck comics were a very big part of my childhood.

Both impossible, of course, as one originated in comics and the other in a cartoon, and they are both "high-ranking" Disney characters.
Speaking of originating from comics, I'm in a similar boat with Sam and Max. Those two guys would be awesome to see in Smash, and they've had multiple games, but sadly their beginnings prevent them from joining the fray.

On the other hand, if a comic-based platform fighter ever comes into existence...

Lyncario

Smash Ace
I say that my most wanted is Reimu from Touhou, but my actual most wanted is Sakuya Izayoi, who's also from Touhou, since she's my favorite character. But while she's popular and is in the latest Touhou smhup, there's absolutely no way that she would be getting in over Reimu or Marisa (if a Touhou character gets in, it's like 95% Reimu, and 5% Marisa).

Alternatively, there's also Vivit from Seihou Project, who I think would be sick, but she's from a dead franchise that is mainly remembered because ZUN (who made Touhou) also worked on Seihou, as evidenced with Touhou characters showing up in Seihou 1 and 2.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Sora. Disney owns the character and knowing how stingy Square Enix was with Cloud and Hero, I don't think Sakurai is willing to go through the licensing nightmare hassles to get Sora in no matter how vocal the fan demand is.
I know I'm replying to this months later, but :ultsephiroth: got in and brought a decent amount of FF7 content, which brings into question how stingy Square actually is (plus, any stinginess around DQ is more the fault of the composer).

Anyways, for me, Arthur from Ghosts 'n Goblins.

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
and do they not play smash?
Regrettably, no. Per ancient Germanic and Norse law, no form of fighting - even fictional - may occur any other place than in the village centre, where it is overseen by the village elder, after being decreed an official brawl at the local biannual assembly.

Jokes aside, I was replying to a message that mentioned a hypothetical platform fighter based on comics, so at that time I wasn't talking about Smash.

Top Bottom