• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video game characters you want with a 0% chance

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace

Too young a franchise to catch either Nintendo or Sakurai's attention, and there's more than enough justifiable indies (let alone Western games) vying for a Smash slot. Ah, but to smug-dance on all my enemies for the rest of Smash Ultimate's lifespan...

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It'd have to be Scorpion from mortal kombat. I'm not saying he has NO chance, but his chances are really low.
well its kind of the point of the thread to pick some one who you feel has zero chance

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
...after Joker, I can't not say it. I'm more than a little worried that Arle goes here now, [edit: though I don't quite believe she is that hopeless]. And Paper Mario, just as extra ice in the wound.

Why did so many people think Joker had no chance?

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
I would go with the obvious choice and list Spyro here, but I literally cannot believe his chances are a flat zero.

You know who does have a flat zero chance of being a playable fighter? Manny Calavera from Grim Fandango.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, after the reveal of Piranha Plant and Joker, I think virtually anything's possible. That said...

Any unique character whom hasn't been created yet.
yeah ive come round to that way of thinking too

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
Why did so many people think Joker had no chance?
I think the perception at the time was that, save for Bayonetta getting in due to Smash Ballot shenanigans, third-party character inclusions would be limited to hugely iconic faces on the level of Cloud or Snake. Joker isn't super niche or anything, but he's not nearly the mega-star we've come to expect from our guest fighters, so I think many didn't consider his likelihood. Personally, I think Sakurai and the Smash team's perceived merit of a character/game matters nearly as much as how recognizable they are, so I say we could be getting just about anyone.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Master Chief, The Knight (Hollow Knight), Impa (chance is basically zero at this point), Takamaru, Tabuu, Neku.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Master Chief, The Knight (Hollow Knight), Impa (chance is basically zero at this point), Takamaru, Tabuu, Neku.
I want the Knight soooooo bad. He shouldn’t be no chance though seeing as how well Hollow Knight sold on Switch. It would be great to see them give indie devs some love. Ratchet and Clank as separate characters

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Bonk. The big headed, bald headed, caveman character from a series of underrated platformers... I think he was Hudson's mascot at some point, and there were several Bonk games released on Nintendo consoles... too bad Konami owns him, his comeback game was canned, and nobody really remembers him fondly like other platformers. More people talk about Bubsy than they talk about Bonk and that makes me sad.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
I want the Knight soooooo bad. He shouldn’t be no chance though seeing as how well Hollow Knight sold on Switch. It would be great to see them give indie devs some love. Ratchet and Clank as separate characters
The Knight is very close to being my most wanted, and Hollow Knight was a phenomenal game (better than Dead Cells fite me). He has crazy moveset potential and the only thing holding him back is how well known he is. A pity, really.

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
Princess Katia/Katia of Argwyll and Tara Grimface from the Lost Kingdoms franchise created by From Software.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
The Knight is very close to being my most wanted, and Hollow Knight was a phenomenal game (better than Dead Cells fite me). He has crazy moveset potential and the only thing holding him back is how well known he is. A pity, really.
If you go to the eshop Hollow Knight is always one of the best selling games on the Switch. Like top 5 and top 10 so some people have to know him. I really think he has an outside chance because at this point Hollow Knight is a Switch game and one of its best selling games

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Yeah at this point any Kirby character seems to have a fat chance at getting in.

I wanted Master Cheif and De Blob to get in as well but they seemed unlikely for obvious reasons.

Viridi would have been a cool fighter but so many people sniped Kid Icarus for getting Dark Pit in Smash 4 so a newcomer from the series would have only made it worse.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
If you go to the eshop Hollow Knight is always one of the best selling games on the Switch. Like top 5 and top 10 so some people have to know him. I really think he has an outside chance because at this point Hollow Knight is a Switch game and one of its best selling games
The thing is, it's only a bestseller on the e-shop, and we don't know just how big the gap is between it and the top 4 is (I'm willing to bet a lot since really big names and a game that's literally a dollar are ahead of it). It hasn't sold a million on the Switch yet, but perhaps it can compensate with sales on other devices.

I've come to terms with The Knight being an obscure character, but I'll nonetheless support him till the end.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
The thing is, it's only a bestseller on the e-shop, and we don't know just how big the gap is between it and the top 4 is (I'm willing to bet a lot since really big names and a game that's literally a dollar are ahead of it). It hasn't sold a million on the Switch yet, but perhaps it can compensate with sales on other devices.

I've come to terms with The Knight being an obscure character, but I'll nonetheless support him till the end.
I think the Switch is it’s natural home with the portability. Nintendo has done a lot to support indie devs with the Switch so maybe it wouldn’t be so far fetched if they put The Knight in. It would definitely make certain people buy Smash and a TON of people buy Hollow Knight

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
I think the Switch is it’s natural home with the portability. Nintendo has done a lot to support indie devs with the Switch so maybe it wouldn’t be so far fetched if they put The Knight in. It would definitely make certain people buy Smash and a TON of people buy Hollow Knight
That's fair, but I think for indie reps, they'd add Steve, Sans, Cuphead, Shovel Knight, or Shantae before The Knight.

I wouldn't want 2/5 of those options, but indie studios getting any form of recognition is more than acceptable in my book.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
That's fair, but I think for indie reps, they'd add Steve, Sans, Cuphead, Shovel Knight, or Shantae before The Knight.

I wouldn't want 2/5 of those options, but indie studios getting any form of recognition is more than acceptable in my book.
I agree, if Nintendo really wants to support indie devs they’ll put something in. I’d want the Knight over all of those. Cuphead isn’t getting in because Microsoft exclusive or else it would have a real chance

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
I agree, if Nintendo really wants to support indie devs they’ll put something in. I’d want the Knight over all of those. Cuphead isn’t getting in because Microsoft exclusive or else it would have a real chance
The thing with that is, Cuphead seems like a game almost too perfect for the Switch. It's controls would translate seamlessly (but joycons are terrible so there's that), and I think since it is such a massive name, Cuphead has a fair shot.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
The thing with that is, Cuphead seems like a game almost too perfect for the Switch. It's controls would translate seamlessly (but joycons are terrible so there's that), and I think since it is such a massive name, Cuphead has a fair shot.
I agree with that, and I’d love that, but they’d have to cut a deal with Microsoft to make that happen and I don’t know if Microsoft would be willing to give it to Nintendo

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
I agree with that, and I’d love that, but they’d have to cut a deal with Microsoft to make that happen and I don’t know if Microsoft would be willing to give it to Nintendo
Microsoft isn't the one they'd deal with. Cuphead is owned, developed, and produced by Studio MDHR, which isn't a subsidiary of Microsoft. Even if it was Microsoft owned, Nintendo and them have been pretty buddy-buddy lately, so I doubt they'd have any real reason to say no.

H0L0CENE

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5048-8462-1228
Wander from Shadow of the Colossus. Favorite game of all time.

Flowen231

Smash Apprentice
Alis Landale from Phantasy Star.
Thats quite the blastie from the pastie. I'd prefer one of the newmans from the series because that way we could have costumes like alph or echos, but I'd honestly like any character from that series (besides pso2) and alis is up there.

EDIT: hella late to the party lol

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Persona 3 Hero.

Don't get me wrong, Joker is great and all but Persona 3 is my favorite entry in the series and protagonist can have an interesting moveset with two Personas.

That being said, it's still great that he got a Mii costume along with Mass Destruction/Battle Hymn of the Soul.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Rhynoc from Spyro 3 are on my radar, literally beyond a pipe dream.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Patricia Wagon (Mighty Switch Force)
Morag/Brighid (Xenoblade 2)
Reina (Fire Emblem Fates)
Alex (Street Fighter)

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Well, let’s go
  • A second Phantom Thief. My top picks are Queen and Morgana
  • Piplup, my favorite Pokémon
  • MC Ballyhoo and Big Top
  • Skull Kid
  • Ryoma (FE Fates)

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
Conker the Squirrel (God I wish he could make it with a mighty poo stage. No way is that going to happen with the game's age rating. They could tone him down but the demand sadly ain't there. At least we have Banjo and Kazooie)

Harry the Teleroboxer (it would be insane to have a Virtual Boy rep, a boxing robot, what's not to like?)

Balloon Fighter (my most wanted retro, I wish Villager's recovery didn't kill his chances)

Satebo and Parabo (the Satellaview add-on for the Super Famicom fascinates me to this day, I'd love to see these two in the game at all, be it playable, AT or even just spirit. Plus the hub world would make such a quirky stage).

Billy Hatcher (this is purely nostalgia bias)

A random insignificant Pokemon like Tentacruel or Porygon-Z (Pokemon can have as many reps as it wants. The potential for unique movesets is infinite as are the quality designs)

Technomage

Smash Champion
I don't know if this would be 0%, but I'd like to see Lester the Unlikely, simply for the comedy he would generate. XD

ChaosAngelZone

Smash Cadet
If I could get just one character into Smash that would otherwise have essentially no chance, it would definitely be NiGHTS from the classic Sega game NiGHTS into Dreams.

The original NiGHTS game on the Saturn was an important part of my childhood, and a game that is still quite special to me. The character would fit in Smash very well, and the music tracks and stage that came with them (which in this hypothetical situation would probably be Twin Seeds) would be amazing. If the Saturn didn't bomb so badly outside of Japan, then this would maybe have a chance of happening, but as it stands now, I see NiGHTS as having maybe a 1% chance of ever making it in Smash (I don't like speaking in absolutes, so I try not to say 0% or use the word impossible, but, I'm still being realistic).

Top Bottom