• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video game characters you want with a 0% chance

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Sir Daniel Fortesque.

A fairly obscure character from the PS1 era who has only made a couple of appearances since and who isn't really known by people outside of Europe.

Looking forward to the MediEvil Remaster though!

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
  • The DK crew from DK64: Lanky Kong, Tiny Kong, and Chunky Kong.
  • Secondary Banjo-Kazooie characters like Mumbo, Gruntilda, Klungo, and Bottles/Jamjars
  • Less relevant (i.e. not Gen 7 or Gen 1) Pokemon such as Deoxys or Genesect
  • Elizabeth from BioShock Infinite
  • Gordon Freeman from Half-Life
  • Indie characters like Hollow Knight, Cuphead, even Undertale

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
Mmmh. Xan Kriegor from the Unreal Tournament series. I actually modded him into Brawl at one point.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
My list of impossible characters.

1. Mumbo Jumbo (Banjo - Kazooie)
2. Pepsi man
3. Masahiro Sakurai
4. Jago (Killer Instinct) (okay I wouldn't say a 0% chance for this character but at the moment still highly unlikely)
5. Kratos (God of War)

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
DJ Octavio. I really do enjoy this villain problem is I can't see a moveset for him outside of his giant mech and as we know that mech would not work in context of Smash. I would accept him as a boss or assist trophy though. Not to mention I doubt they would add Inklings and probably Octoling echoes AND DJ Octavio in the same game.

Dr. Coyle from ARMS is another. If ARMS does get a rep via DLC it will probably be the vanilla Spring-Man/Ribbon Girl.

Anthony Higgs. I know most people hate Other M but I enjoyed the game and I liked Higgs as a character. In Smash 4 I felt he would've been perfect to take over Snake's moveset. But now that Snake is back, I doubt he will ever be added.

Leon S. Kennedy or Chris Redfield. I doubt we will see RE representation in Smash. Capcom already has Ryu and Mega Man as reps and let's be honest Ryu is probably getting Ken or Akuma (or both) as echoes. Not to mention Monster Hunter is represented in Smash too now by Rathalos boss/assist. If anything Smash Bros Ultimate just makes me REALLY want a Nintendo Vs. Capcom game even more now..

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Characters:
Chunky Kong
Lanky Kong
Tiny Kong
Issac Clarke
Pyramid Head
Call of Duty Rep
Mew
My Mom

Stages:
Dead Island
Bulletstorm

D

Deleted member

I would love Joker (from Persona 5), Yu (Persona 4), or Minato/Makoto (Persona 3).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lanky Kong
Rambi
Mumbo Jumbo
Ganon
Hector
Masked Man
Blastoise
Anthony Higgs (remember him?)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Johnny Slater from Hybrid Heaven. My friend played this game before, so my brother and I rented it and played it. The game revolved around an underground base that you had to traverse through. It kind of made me worry that I wasn't going in the right direction, and that was a pretty nice feel to the atmosphere. The combat was fun and the music was great. If I had the chance to play it again, I would.

Apollo from XEXYZ is another character I'd like to see, although I don't expect this to ever happen. This was a Nintendo game made by Hudson Soft. It had elements of science fiction and fantasy, and Apollo could pick up different kinds of beam weapons throughout the game. The bosses were difficult, but it left an impression on me. Mega Man, you had your chance. Give Apollo a turn.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
A bunch of Pokemon that have no shot. Froakie and Frogadier are more so cause I love both of them a lot more than Greninja. Still like Greninja, but I like them more. I want a MMO Pokemon game on Steam. IDC if you play as a Trainer or Pokemon, both could be awesome. Imagine running around with a bunch of other players as common Pokemon trying to take down Raid Boss Mewtwo. Be freaking sweet.

Froakie.png
Frogadier.png
Gengar.png
Litwick.png
Scrafty.png
Ribombee.png

Oricorio Baile.png
Oricorio Sensu.png
Houndour.png

Ranulf from Fire Emblem, he was one of my faves in that game. He was the better best buddy for Ike than Soren. I never was fond of Soren.

Ranulf.jpg

And lastly some old school characters I grew up with.
toeearl.jpg

character select.png

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
The Dragonborn from Skyrim. He'd be incredible beyond reason.

Also Ivy from Soul Calibur was always one of my most wanted when I was younger.

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
Where to start?!

King Graham from the King's Quest series. First, it would be great to get an old-school point-and-click adventure character, and for me that means King's Quest (I didn't get into the LucasArts games until I was a bit older). King Graham would have plenty of things to work with from the obvious weapons (swords, magic wands, etc.), to obscure call backs (like that freaking cheese you need to win the game. That freaking cheese). King Graham would be great, and it would also mean that maybe, just maybe, we'd be getting more King's Quest.

I second Zeke and Julie from Zombies Ate My Neighbors. That's a LucasArts character that would be great, and can you imagine the stage that would accompany them? Move over Castlevania!

Ecco from Ecco the dolphin. Having a time-travelling dolphin as a playable fighter? YES PLEASE!

Vic Viper from the Gradius game series. Having a bullet hell spaceship as a fighter would throw a wrench in game mechanics that would be fascinating. Plus I like gradius.

Dark Matter/Zero from the kirby games. I don't think this will be the fourth kirby character, but they would be great. I do, however, have hope that Dark Matter will eventually work their way into Kirby Star Allies.

Worms from Worms. I imagine them as being a lot like Snake in their gameplay, but being lighter on their (lack of) feet and having some heavier artillery/slower attacks.

Exeggcute the Pokemon. I don't think Exeggcute makes it on many peoples favorite pokemon list, and they've never been that important in the anime, but dang it if I don't like 'em! Plus, an Exeggcutor that I evolved from an Exeggcute helped me defeat the Elite Four in Kanto!

Cubone the Pokemon. I wouldn't say this one is 0%, as it's much more likely to make it in than Exeggcute. But still, we're not likely to see this bone/club wielding pokemon any time soon.

You, the main character in Colossal Cave Adventure, one of the first text-based adventure games. I see this character as being representative of the entire text-based genre, and as such would just be a blinking cursor that would type out it's moves (like "jump up", "grab mario", "xyzzy", etc.). A perfect retro/video game history character!

Mgl

Smash Apprentice
Geno

nah im kidding, I would love too see machamp but I fear his time is long past

Last edited:

Smithn

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 4332 5240 6154
Meowth and Leon Kennedy

Meowth's best chance was probably back in 64 and Leon has a lot of competition from other Capcom games

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I want a MMO Pokemon game on Steam.
Temtem?

Anyway, because she's never appeared on a Nintendo system, Rondoline (from Tales of Phantasia Nakiri Dungeon X) probably won't get in. I want her because she has a whip-sword like Ivy Valentine, but she isn't as essentially sexual, a trait I find clashes with the tone of Smash.

These others aren't 0%, since they don't break any rules, but they probably won't get in the base roster.
Miriam from Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night using a whip-sword. This game has a release date of 2019, and the whip-sword is a special Kickstarter backer weapon that hasn't been revealed in game footage yet.
The Prince from Prince of Persia using the daggertail. I would advocate for him more, but so much of his game is about crazy parkour-type stuff that mostly wouldn't apply in Smash, and his time-controlling abilities would be hardware intensive and have a fair chance of pissing opponents off. I mainly want him for the daggertail, but I want Smash fighters to be true to their games.

Edit: I forgot to mention a few:

Nash Latkje from Genso Suikoden has twin whip-swords, but I would want him to focus on using just one, except maybe in a Final Smash or something.
Takenaba Hanbei from Sengoku Basara uses a whip-sword, but I don't like his outfit.
Kaihime from Warriors Orochi uses a whip-sword, but I don't like her tall hair.
A few characters in Dynasty Warriors use weapons similar to whip-swords, and some in Dynasty Warriors 9 use weapons actually called 'whip-swords', but they don't seem to have sword forms, so they don't quite match the aesthetic I'm going for.

Last edited:

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Counter-Terrorists from Counter-Strike with Terrorists as an echo (different costumes would be different factions, and each character would use guns exclusive to their side and weapons available to both teams)
Duke Nukem
Someone from Command & Conquer
Dallas from Payday with other members of the gang as alt costumes
Jacket from Hotline Miami
The protagonist of Fallout: New Vegas

Last edited:

Fane

Smash Journeyman
For me, it's Petey Piranha and Spyro.

I love both characters a BUNCH, and I believe they have a lot of potential as fighters in Smash.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I can't imagine a video-game originating character(unless they're literally revisions of a non-game character and not owned by Nintendo as well) has a true 0% chance. But eh. Nitpicks aside...

Any Mortal Kombat kharacter: Now, it's not that they aren't iconic. They sure as hell are. Well, certain ones, as well as the franchise. It's that Japan isn't a fan of it in general and many of the games are banned from being released there. That said, Sub-Zero and Scorpion would be amazing.

Brian(Quest 64): It's not so much due to obscurity, as he's effectively a retro character in many ways(bar being 2D... depending the game), but it's that licensing is the issue. Imagineer still owns the rights, and they are out of the game business. The only way he'd have a chance is if Nintendo or Sakurai would want to buy out the series, but they wouldn't do that unless they intend to revive it. And the game did very poorly(despite having a small minority of people who like it now) at launch, and for a while. Completely understandable, as it was very bare bones and while it has its own charm... it isn't going to be topnotch enough to be a good seller. Getting praise for good music and character design(and a good battle system) isn't enough for an rpg anymore, as story and characterization is too important(never mind the lack of a monetary system).

Yeah, that's all I can think of at this point. I guess maybe Resetti, and now Ashley and Waluigi?

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
Here's my list but it seems a bit farfetched.
Shadow Queen
Pauline
Boshi
Sidon
Machoke
Daroach
Panther Caruso
Leon (F-Zero)
Dillion
KK Slider
Sorceress Edea
Kimahri Ronso
Lynx
Jon Talbain
Leon S. Kennedy
Yugo
Lara Croft
Red Savarin
King (Tekken)
Dust
Cheetahmen
Altered Beast
Sphinx
Scorpion or Sub-Zero
Fulgore or Cinder
Optimus Prime

Last edited:

Mgl

Smash Apprentice
I can't imagine a video-game originating character(unless they're literally revisions of a non-game character and not owned by Nintendo as well) has a true 0% chance. But eh. Nitpicks aside...

Any Mortal Kombat kharacter: Now, it's not that they aren't iconic. They sure as hell are. Well, certain ones, as well as the franchise. It's that Japan isn't a fan of it in general and many of the games are banned from being released there. That said, Sub-Zero and Scorpion would be amazing.

Brian(Quest 64): It's not so much due to obscurity, as he's effectively a retro character in many ways(bar being 2D... depending the game), but it's that licensing is the issue. Imagineer still owns the rights, and they are out of the game business. The only way he'd have a chance is if Nintendo or Sakurai would want to buy out the series, but they wouldn't do that unless they intend to revive it. And the game did very poorly(despite having a small minority of people who like it now) at launch, and for a while. Completely understandable, as it was very bare bones and while it has its own charm... it isn't going to be topnotch enough to be a good seller. Getting praise for good music and character design(and a good battle system) isn't enough for an rpg anymore, as story and characterization is too important(never mind the lack of a monetary system).

Yeah, that's all I can think of at this point. I guess maybe Resetti, and now Ashley and Waluigi?
Its seems like Sakurai is paying more attention to the western market with the release of Ridley so I think the MK characters aren't completely dead in the water

Last edited:

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I have characters in mind that have chances that might as well be zero. In no particular order...

Pious Augustus from Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem - I've always wanted a villain only rep in a series. I loved the Lovecraftian story and the music. It was my first M rated game.

Lolo from the Eggerland/Aventures of Lolo series - I remember the NES games. HAL makes references to the character through the Kirby character Lololo, but I would really like a concept merger where HAL says they are the same character named Lolo.

Mike Jones from Startropics - I rented the original game a few times. I liked the plot and the unconventional weapons.

Giygas from Mother 1 - I'm doubtful we will get a third Earthbound character, but I would really like Giygas to be the one.

Toad - Not Captain Toad, but classic Toad. He's the only one of the Mario Kart 64 eight to not be playable. He was my fav growing up.

Captain Syrup from Wario Land - I feel Wario Land content is slim. I think her addition would raise the profile of the Wario Land series.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Magnus Gallant (ogrebattle 64)
Balthier (Final Fantasy XII)
Fran (Final Fantasy XII)
Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness)
Pious Augustus (Eternal Darkness)
Undyne (Undertale)
Muffet (Undertale)
Napstablook (Undertale)
Litwick (Pokemon)
Golurk (Pokemon)
Death (Castlevania, still super happy with actually appearing in smash!)
Stella and Loretta (Castlevania Portrait of Ruin)
Lillith Aensland (Darkstalkers... would put Morrigan, but i reckon she have a 0.00001% chance of happening)
2B and 9S (Nier Automata. yeah i actually liked 9S! since I at least played the game ._.)
Geralt of Rivia (Withcer 1, 2, 3)
Sidon (Botw)
Ashei (Twillight Princess)
Tiamat/Titania (Fire emblem Path of Radiance)
Plague Knight (Shovel Knight)
Escha Malier (Atelier Escha & logy)
Keithgriff Hazeldine (Atelier Ayesha)
Odelia (Atelier Ayesha)
Venom (Guilty Gear)
Rachel Alucard (Blaz Blue)

woah.. what a big list of weirdos!....still, none of these will grace smash.. ever.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Its seems like Sakurai is paying more attention to the western market with the release of Ridley so I think the MK characters aren't completely dead in the water
The issue is more that it's banned in Japan itself, making it a fairly lackluster choice for a lot of gamers there. Worldwide appeal still plays a role. Ridley, like K. Rool, still have popularity in the East.

But that's a fair point. He might consider it too. I think the fact it's ultra violent could still hurts it chances, as making them feel faithful could easily keep a character out. Ridley's brutal, yes, but this isn't the same thing. Though after seeing Castlevania's stuff(which blood got literally censored...), it makes me wonder if he would tone them down to something akin to Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe(which while it wasn't popular, it does show them being able to work in a lower ERSB setting without issues. E10+ is another story, but hey, you can literally turn blood off in some MK games, so...).

TheJutin

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2432-2756-8217
I don’t know if this is a 0% chance, but I would love to see dig dug. The main problems are coming up with a move set would be tough and if we get a second Namco character, it probably be a Tekken character. Plus Pac-Man already represents the classic arcade part of Namco. And if you think about, he’d be pretty violent.

hposter

Smash Apprentice
Third party allowed

Mine is Duke Nukem and Commander Shepard, both icons in gaming,
maxwell from scribblenauts would be a fun one, with pretty much infinite moveset potential and that's not even counting the starites
but i just don't see it happening, honestly he's not that big of a character when it comes to the gaming scene

Top Bottom