• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video & Critique Thread

xzx

Smash Lord
Singles:
xzx (PAC-MAN) vs. Kesa (Captain Falcon) - 2/20/16 - BEAST 6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooKF2co5_Io

Doubles:
xzx (PAC-MAN) + ccst (R.O.B.) vs. Max Ketchum (Cloud) + SL.Himura (Rosalina & Luma) - 2/20/16 - BEAST 6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umsplam7oRk

xzx (PAC-MAN) + ccst (R.O.B.) vs. Sodrek (Cloud) + LoNgouw (R.O.B.) 2/20/16 - BEAST 6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpAwtu4cxo8

-------------

Regarding the last team match: We were really tired and had our stamina drained. Having to wake up at 6 A.M. and getting around 4-5h of sleep the day before takes its tolls. Even if you can sleep more during the next night it still isn't enough to catch up on your lost sleep. I would highly recommend anyone reading this to go to the tournament the day before you have to play your matches! (I know that many do, though.) Lesson learned!

The singles set was a pool set and fortunately I wasn't beginning to feel that tired and exhausted (drained) yet. At the beginning, we wasn't feeling >that< tired and thus performed decently. However, some hours passed after that and we then played that other set. At that point we both felt really tired and just wanted to go to sleep. As a result, we both got eliminated pretty quickly, even in the following sets after that. (That is, we won our next set in Loser's and >then< we lost the following set and got eliminated.) It was so hard to focus though. I think you can see that between the first set and the second set. Sunday: In the singles bracket I played terribly and wasn't playing optimally. Not proud over that, since I know I can play muuuch better. Oh well...

Anyway, it is what it is and a loss is a loss. Not that happy with my performance during the tournament (except for the pools since I didn't felt that tired yet), but it is what it is. I'm sure others felt this way too. / end of rant ._.U

I ended up 17th out of 267 in Singles and 13th out of 83 in Doubles.

Last edited:

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
Singles:
xzx (PAC-MAN) vs. Kesa (Captain Falcon) - 2/20/16 - BEAST 6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooKF2co5_Io

Doubles:
xzx (PAC-MAN) + ccst (R.O.B.) vs. Max Ketchum (Cloud) + SL.Himura (Rosalina & Luma) - 2/20/16 - BEAST 6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umsplam7oRk

xzx (PAC-MAN) + ccst (R.O.B.) vs. Sodrek (Cloud) + LoNgouw (R.O.B.) 2/20/16 - BEAST 6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpAwtu4cxo8

-------------

Regarding the last team match: We were really tired and had our stamina drained. Having to wake up at 6 A.M. and getting around 4-5h of sleep the day before takes its tolls. Even if you can sleep more during the next night it still isn't enough to catch up on your lost sleep. I would highly recommend anyone reading this to go to the tournament the day before you have to play your matches! (I know that many do, though.) Lesson learned!

The singles set was a pool set and fortunately I wasn't beginning to feel that tired and exhausted (drained) yet. At the beginning, we wasn't feeling >that< tired and thus performed decently. However, some hours passed after that and we then played that other set. At that point we both felt really tired and just wanted to go to sleep. As a result, we both got eliminated pretty quickly, even in the following sets after that. (That is, we won our next set in Loser's and >then< we lost the following set and got eliminated.) It was so hard to focus though. I think you can see that between the first set and the second set. Sunday: In the singles bracket I played terribly and wasn't playing optimally. Not proud over that, since I know I can play muuuch better. Oh well...

Anyway, it is what it is and a loss is a loss. Not that happy with my performance during the tournament (except for the pools since I didn't felt that tired yet), but it is what it is. I'm sure others felt this way too. / end of rant ._.U

I ended up 17th out of 267 in Singles and 13th out of 83 in Doubles.

I saw on stream your match against captain falcon. On the first match I said something like "xzx more trampolines against c. falcon!!!!!!" Really nice the last melon kill. Congratz for your position it is a good position

xzx

Smash Lord
PEPESPAIN PEPESPAIN : Thank you. Yeah, maybe I needed to use more trampolines, but I think the hydrant is better actually. I use trampoline more as an eject button (xD), but I still like to use it strategically. In the first match, I was definitely not playing optimally. I hated that last failed reverse Key. It ended up to be a side-b instead. Cost me the match. The other two matches I really adapted and focused. I would still say I didn't play as optimal as I would've liked, but eh, it's something. .-. That Melon kill I knew was going to hit home, I just felt it! xD Oh, and it was kinda ironic how I was more of a rushdown style and he patient play. =P I usually am very patient, but I think PAC-MAN needs to go careful rushdown against other rushdown characters (well, except Sheik - camp her out). PAC-MAN doesn't have that much time to charge I believe. (But he can definitely find opportunities to charge fruit via the aid of the hydrant, no doubt). And I find it better to not recover with the power pellet due to how vulnerable PAC-MAN is when using it, especially against spikers. I like to recover straight up so I have a trampoline that can bounce me up again if I get spiked. Looking back at the video, I feel like I was a little bit careless at times and ended up getting away with a few things that I otherwise shouldn't. Anyway, except a sharper PAC-MAN from me next time! ;) (And ey, you need to come to the next BEAST as well!)

One more thing I want to say: Bring earphones to tournaments, because the non-stream setups didn't have any sound, and as a PAC-MAN main, it sucks. Several times, when I charged fruit, I just wondered if I had Fruit X or Fruit Y. Yeah, gamepads works, but it is better to bring earphones so you can hear the sounds of the Bonus Fruits (clearer). And at many times, I accidentally dash attacked on the hydrant and got punished for it. The intention is obviously to bair it. Got to do something with the monitors or something, because it almost never happens at home...

I believe I could have placed much higher, but I accept 17th for now. Next time I am going to arrive the day before so I can get more sleep. Until then.

Megamon

Smash Cadet
I should of done this a month ago but I forgot so here is a Set that I played at a tourney back in Jan. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quwbhPiRv-8
Mario/Doc always gives me a hard time, just because of the threat of cape. And his overall neutral is a little better than ours. Nice set, though. Almost came back at the end. Considering you can z drop fairly well, why not try to get the key off the side of the stage? I know Doc might be able to challenge it well, but I think it's not as gimpable as it seems. I've done it a few times in bracket and gotten away with it. You can treat it like a mix up, I suppose. Meh, the video's kinda old so I assume you may do this already, or just see it as unfavorable. Anyway, nice awareness to avoid his up smash for as long as you did. That's usually the move that ends me, too. Overall I really liked your gameplay and would definitely like to see more from you in the future.

EDIT: Red sleeves! That's an awesome alt that I use as well! Hope we can ditto someday.

Last edited:

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318
Mario/Doc always gives me a hard time, just because of the threat of cape. And his overall neutral is a little better than ours. Nice set, though. Almost came back at the end. Considering you can z drop fairly well, why not try to get the key off the side of the stage? I know Doc might be able to challenge it well, but I think it's not as gimpable as it seems. I've done it a few times in bracket and gotten away with it. You can treat it like a mix up, I suppose. Meh, the video's kinda old so I assume you may do this already, or just see it as unfavorable. Anyway, nice awareness to avoid his up smash for as long as you did. That's usually the move that ends me, too. Overall I really liked your gameplay and would definitely like to see more from you in the future.

EDIT: Red sleeves! That's an awesome alt that I use as well! Hope we can ditto someday.
I played him again in bracket again 2 weeks later and I boided his Doc and forced a switch to ness. I have been using z-drop keys more often because I'm better with Z-drop then I was in that Video.

Babzy

Smash Rookie
Hey there, I made an account just because I want help to improve my pac-man. Please, fellow pac-men, give me advice on the following replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA2mhUC9sKM . In return, at 1:40 I do a little gimmick I've never seen done by other pac-mains on youtube. In this case it works wonders, but I rarely make it work. It is often useful as a match starter against Clouds or Dks who like to charge before they engage in combat. Aside from the surprise effect I haven't found much utility to it, but if you do please let me know (Combining it with side can work). Hopefully, its something you gain in return for your help. Thanks!

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
https://www.twitch.tv/lan_hero/v/52431290?t=8m27s

Posting this here for my own personal record. It's been a really long time since I've played (probably stopped playing around May/June of last year) but my friend wanted me to go out to a tournament close by for doubles (in which we got bopped 0-2 because his gameplan was to SD twice with Lucario every game and abuse Aura while I stock tanked LOL). I figured I might as well play singles while I was there too. I think some of my rust showed during this match since I got stuck on the hydrant a lot and forgot to utilize all my fruits. I wish my match with Wiigi the R.O.B player was recorded. I started to remember how to play at that point and began utilizing my fruits and his gyro for Z-drop and hydrant shenanigans. Lost that match though but I think it would've been a better showing than what I have here lol

pianoasis

Smash Cadet
Hey there, I made an account just because I want help to improve my pac-man. Please, fellow pac-men, give me advice on the following replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA2mhUC9sKM . In return, at 1:40 I do a little gimmick I've never seen done by other pac-mains on youtube. In this case it works wonders, but I rarely make it work. It is often useful as a match starter against Clouds or Dks who like to charge before they engage in combat. Aside from the surprise effect I haven't found much utility to it, but if you do please let me know (Combining it with side can work). Hopefully, its something you gain in return for your help. Thanks!
i'd like to know what would happen if you did a dash attack in the other direction after this tech :drmario:

Babzy

Smash Rookie
i'd like to know what would happen if you did a dash attack in the other direction after this tech :drmario:
I don't know, but it sounds like a great idea with potential. I'll lab this soon enough. I'm afraid the opponent will block though. Thank you for the idea!

Babzy

Smash Rookie
Have you guys noticed anything that can interrupt Pac-man's game play with Corrin? I feel the whole match I have to just shield and wait for a chance to sneak a nair in. Tips??

me :4corrin: vs Girth :4pacman: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWw5-aZQ6tU

Sorry for vid quality!
For me, as pac-man main, Corrin is a really difficult match-up because side b and side smashes will not only destroy the hydrant one shot but also hit me on the other side. Also, Corrin's aerials are really good to punish pac-man when he is in the air after he has dropped the hydrant: wait to see where he will try to land and get him. Otherwise, shield, space, and be patient until you see you can hit through that hydrant.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Losers Semis
ForbiddenOne vs Magik
:4pacman: vs :4wario2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTCjSkGkBqU

Losers Finals
ForbiddenOne vs Mikeffect
:4pacman: vs :4ness:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqxkBuzpGao

Grand Finals
ForbiddenOne vs Hakii
:4pacman: vs :4lucas::4corrinf:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8qsDdxvR8o

According to Zero Haki is probably the best Lucas in America(ranked number 1 in Austin)

This is from Austin's main weekly. Played better than I ever had before. I think anyone playing a defensive Pacman would gain a lot by examining the layers to my keep away game here. (I'm ForbiddenOne btw)

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
^ Double post

Last edited:

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
My last video.

My video list isn't up to date

Nicktendonick

Smash Rookie
Thought I'd drop by and put this down. I'm no pac-man main, but someone I fought just a little bit ago, holy crap. You'll see in the later matches against Dedede (especially in dreamland 64)

He's using his stuff in ways I've never seen anyone do before. Figured maybe someone might pick up a few tricks from this, or at least show people that this guy can be a nightmare when done right. Cause he was to me.

As Pac-Man players, what do you guys think of Big Matt's Pac-Man?
(Speaking of, I wonder if Big Matt's here on SmashBoards...)

Last edited:
Top Bottom