• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video capture freeware?

enigmaglue

Smash Cadet
I bought a video capture device at CompUSA today so that I can record Smash matches with my friends. There is a problem ,though. The program which came with the device requires you to record in a 4.5 inch x 4.5 inch section of the screen. This will not do. Does anyone know of any freeware program which would allow me to record in a larger portion of the screen?

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
Unlead DVD Movie Factory is the only one i know that records on a reasonable screen size, but I'd suggest getting a y-axis spiltter. They cost about $4 at RadioShack. it allows you to play on two screens, so you can play on the TV and be recording at the same time. This is what it looks like.

Also depending on what type of computer or recording device you have you may need to have either a USB port extender or the Y-axis barrels (I'm not sure if that's what it's called) and some DVD cables just in case you can't reach the recorder to the TV. But that probably won't be a problem.

Top Bottom