• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Victory Is My Destiny-The *New* Guide to Meta Knight by PEEF! Feb 1 2009 Update!

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I belive that Meta-knight's dimensional cape is massivly underrated, I've been working out some combo's and approaches using it. It is actually a decent move for mixing up ledge recovery and breaking predictable combo's up.
No. Its just bad.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
how is it bad?
-It's attack has way too much lag to be viable.

-Its only uses are for mindgames and recovery, and there are always better recovery options.

it destroys predictable approaches, follows D-throw up well and is great for punishing a dodge roll. It's tricky to use it well, but I think that it pays off.
No, it doesn't. I don't know where you're getting this from.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
All I'm saying is that the people you successfully pulled this off on obviously are not good. When discussing strats, character match-ups, techs, etc. on this website, we discuss them on the highest levels of play. It has nothing to do with my standards.

On top of that, you've been doing this on Wifi. Offline is what matters.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
If anyone wants to make an update to my guide, just PM it to me, and tell me where it belongs. I play Melee now, but I know alot of people use and appreciate this resource. If you would like to do your part by contributing, you will be credited.

Please, no petty things, like sentance changes or opinions. If not alot has changed, then the guide will remain how it is, if it has changed, then write up a legitimate piece and I will add it to the guide. Thanks.

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
The matchups are wrong in terms of some characters. As far as I know Olimar and ZSS aren't considered easy matchups anymore.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If anyone takes any information from this guide, throw it away.

Seriously.

He MIGHT be right about a thing or two by accident, but this is not what you need to get better. This is full of noob tactics that work on noob players.

Mods, you really need to have this NOT stickied. This guarantees bad MKs will get worse.

Shuttle looping from the edge? Are you serious?

ROB is HARD to edgeguard? The character that moves at a slow max speed and can't air dodge and dies at 60% to a shuttle loop is hard to edgeguard?

Seriously, you guys need better stuff. -_-;;

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
OS, chill. The mod of this board will handle it.
How can they handle something that nobody complained about? There was nothing wrong with what he said, though it was a bit out of line, if you're really that sensitive.

And Nic is right, at least it isn't stickied.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
How can they handle something that nobody complained about? There was nothing wrong with what he said, though it was a bit out of line, if you're really that sensitive.

And Nic is right, at least it isn't stickied.
I'm just saying, no need to go crazy about something that isn't serious. TBH, if I was sensitive about something, I would have flipped out about it. >.>

Back to the D3 boards!

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Combos:

D-throw > Grab Attack > F-air > Up-B:
Works very well. 33% damage.

D-throw > Grab Attack > Neutral B:
I normally get this to swing for +- 22%

D-throw > Grab Attack > D-air:
They DI down, you’ve got ‘em. 20-22%
It is impossible to do a grab attack without grabbing them again. So do you mean "d-throw > Grab again > grab attack until grab breaks > Fair?" I don't get what you mean. Either way, D-throw does not combo into another grab, but I am curious what you mean.

Simply because D-throw sends them diagonally upwards, it would be impossible to grab in-air.

I'm very impressed by this guide; I'm going to try all of these techniques!

This will surely improve my Meta Knight.

xXMeta-KnightXx

Smash Rookie
Wow. This is a really in depth guide. This mustve taken hours upon hours of dedication just to write. Never mind testing the methods, gameplay mechanics to utilise.

Cheers man. This shall be evry useful indeed

13th Nightmare

Smash Cadet
This has helped me out a bit. I was playing Meta Knight last night after months of not playing him. And after last night and reading the guide, I know that I want to re-learn how to play as Meta Knight

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
This guide has merely confirmed that my MK strategy is effective-I use up-B CONSTANTLY and everyone hates me for it. However, I do believe Yoshi and Snake should be switched, cause I have much more trouble with him. but beyond that, AWESOME GUIDE

dniMretsaM

Smash Apprentice
This is really great! The only thing I could suggest is that you mention glide canceling (I don't know if this has another name or not, so I call it "glide canceling") which is done by doing a glide attack and landing on any frame of the attack. If the angle is small enough you can slide a little bit when you land.

Top Bottom