• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U [VIC] Over9k Gaming Lounge | 9th April 2016

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Over9K Smash 4 Wii U Tournament #1
A Smash 4 tournament series

FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/780149852090111/

Who:
Run by Chris, Jei and Duon
What: Smash 4 doubles and singles tournament
When: 9th April 2016
Where: Over9k Gaming Loung - 421 Foleys Road, Derrimut VIC 3030

Hello Smashers,

Over9K is happy to announce our very first Super Smash Brothers Wii U Tournament.

With the original game having been released on the Nintendo 64 in 1999, the series has no doubt withstood the test of time in the last 16 years.

As even today, in 2016, the interest in competitive Smash is at an all-time high and we at Over9K would love to do our part to contribute to the ever growing Melbourne Smash Scene.

We’ll be featuring both Single and Doubles Tournaments at our first event with plenty of friendlies/casuals as well to welcome new players into the community.

The event will be ‘Preregister Only’, so if you like to participate please contact us with your registration info.

You can find all the initial details for the event below, with more information in regards the tournament rules to be added shortly.

If you have any questions about the event or any suggestions that you would like to make feel free to leave your comments here or contact us directly at Over9K.

For more information about Competitive Smash and other Fighting Games in Melbourne, Australia be sure to visit:

***************** EVENT DETAILS *****************

DATE & VENUE:
Date: Saturday, 9th of April, 2015

Venue: Over9K Gaming Lounge
Address: 421 Foleys Road, Deer Park, 3023
(Located on the 2nd Floor of Derrimut Indoor Soccer Centre)

DIRECTIONS:
By Car
- We're located 30 minutes West of the CBD.
Google Maps Link:
https://goo.gl/qAQXSc

By Public Transport
- We're about a 20 minutes walk from Deer Park Train Station and Deer Park Bus Stops.

Google Maps Link: https://goo.gl/szR7bq

Train - Deer Park Station (VLINE)

Bus - Both the 400 and 420 Bus pass through Deer Park Station.

Route 400 (From Sunshine) - https://ptv.vic.gov.au/assets/Maps/Routes/PDFs/8308_Bus400.pdf

Route 420 (From Watergardens) - https://ptv.vic.gov.au/assets/Maps/Routes/PDFs/8710_Bus420.pdf

Smash Shuttle
- Several members of the Melbourne Smash Community have offered to provide a Shuttle service from Deer Park Station/Bus Stop to our venue to save the 20 minute walk.

Shuttle Cost - $2.00 per Person each way.
(Note: Minimum at least 2 people per trip)

We will have a pinned post setup here in the Facebook Event Page closer to the date for any players to notify us when they arrive at the Train Station/Bus Stop.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOURNAMENT REGISTRATION & PRIZES:

Player Cap – 64 Entrants

- If you are interested in participating, please send us a Private Message via our Facebook Page with your Name and which Events you will be entering (in the case of Doubles, please send us the name of your Doubles partner as well.)

Tournament Entry Fee:
Venue Entry - $5.00
Smash 4 Singles - $5.00 (Will go towards Total Prize Pool)
Smash 4 Doubles - $10.00 per Team (Will go towards Total Prize Pool)

Spectators – Free

Payment – Cash & Eftpos Accepted (Eftpos payments will incur a 50c surcharge.)

PRIZES:
SMASH 4 SINGLES:

1st – 60% of Total Prize Pool
2nd – 30% of Total Prize Pool
3rd – 10% of Total Prize Pool

- The Prize Pool Distribution for Smash 4 Singles will work as follows, for every player that participates $5.00 is added to the Prize Pool.
As an example, in the event that 64 players participate, the total prize pool of $320.00 is split 70/20/10 between 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place.

SMASH 4 DOUBLES:
1st – 60% of Total Prize Pool
2nd – 30% of Total Prize Pool
3rd – 10% of Total Prize Pool

- The Prize Pool Distribution for Smash 4 Doubles will work as follows, for every Team that participates $10.00 is added to the Prize Pool.
As an example, in the event that 32 Teams participate, the total prize pool of $320.00 is split 70/20/10 between 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place.

PLATFORM, CONTROLLERS & GAME RULES

PLATFORM – Nintendo Wii U

*Information Regarding Controllers and Game Rules will be updated shortly*

SCHEDULE:
10.00 AM - Venue open for registration, friendlies and setup.
11.30 AM – Team Check-In for Smash 4 Doubles. (32-Team Cap)
12.00 PM – Smash 4 Doubles Begins (until Top 4)

3.30 PM – Player Check-In for Smash 4 Singles. (64-Player Cap)
4.00 PM – Smash 4 Singles Begins (until Top 8)

5.00 PM – Smash 4 Doubles Top 4
8.00 PM – Smash 4 Singles Top 8

10.00 PM - Tournament Ends.
10.00 PM til Late - Consoles available for Friendlies for the rest of the night.

Note - All players must check-in and must be present by the designated Check-In time for each event (11.30AM for Doubles and 3.30PM for Singles).
Failing to do so will result in being excluded from the tournament. No exceptions will be made.

The tournament end time is a rough estimate and will vary depending on how many people sign up.

If you have any questions about the event or any suggestions that you would like to make feel free to leave your comments below or contact us directly at Over9K.

Last edited:

Over9K.Chris

Smash Rookie
Hey Everyone,

Just figured I would do a quick re-introduction post. My name is Chris, some of you will remember me from my involvement with Shadowloo Showdown and the Shadowlogic HQ.

I took a break from the local fighting game scene for the last 2 years or so and during that time, Shadowlogic went through a fair amount of changes and ultimately the core members decided to take some time away and focus on their own projects.

As for myself, I've become involved in a newly opened LAN centre called Over9K located in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne. While it is primarily a PC based gaming lounge, it does have the facilities to cater for consoles and it has been my intention to get back into the scene sooner or later.

It just so happened Jei contacted me first and as such we've arranged to trial the first Smash 4 event at Over9K in April.

If all goes well and the community is eager for more, I can easily arrange to make it a regular thing.

We've been open for just over 5 months and have since built a steady PC gaming fanbase, so it will be cool to see if we can get any crossover between the PC and console gaming crowds.

If you guys have any questions in regards to the venue or general event inquiries you're more than welcome to buzz me here or contact me directly via the Over9K Facebook Page. Otherwise for all Smash and Tournament specific inquiries, Jei is your man.

Looking forward to seeing you all next month =)

Last edited:

CuzySato

Smash Rookie
Hey Everyone,

Just figured I would do a quick re-introduction post. My name is Chris, some of you will remember me from my involvement with Shadowloo Showdown and the Shadowlogic HQ.

I took a break from the local fighting game scene for the last 2 years or so and during that time, Shadowlogic went through a fair amount of changes and ultimately the core members decided to take some time away and focus on their own projects.

As for myself, I've become involved in a newly opened LAN centre called Over9K located in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne. While it is primarily a PC based gaming lounge, it does have the facilities to cater for consoles and it has been my intention to get back into the scene sooner or later.

It just so happened Jei contacted me first and as such we've arranged to trial the first Smash 4 event at Over9K in April.

If all goes well and the community is eager for more, I can easily arrange to make it a regular thing.

We've been open for just over 5 months and have since built a steady PC gaming fanbase, so it will be cool to see if we can get any crossover between the PC and console gaming crowds.

If you guys have any questions in regards to the venue or general event inquiries you're more than welcome to buzz me here or contact me directly via the Over9K Facebook Page. Otherwise for all Smash and Tournament specific inquiries, Jei is your man.

Looking forward to seeing you all next month =)
Heya Chris. I'll only be signing up for the singles so is it alright if I just arrive before 3:30 as I live pretty far away. Ill be registering through FB. I also don't have a GC controller or anything like that but I do have a 3DS with smash, is that okay?

Last edited:

Over9K.Chris

Smash Rookie
Hey C CuzySato , no worries, you're more than welcome to use your 3DS as a controller.

Just wanted to check, have you sent through your preregistration details on Facebook? No sweat if you haven't, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss your message.

Once I've got your name down, you can just rock up for the Singles Tournament at 3.30pm. If you have any more questions feel free to ask here or buzz me on Facebook.

Thanks for the interest. =)

Top Bottom