• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] BAM6 announced, May 9-11 2014! Congrats to Dekar, SD and Shaya!

Tomo009

Smash Apprentice
I definitely have to thank @ Attila_ Attila_ . Smash has so many entrants I bet it is a nightmare trying to organise just the people who stick around the area all the time, but you managed to deal with me and probably others that had tournaments running basically simultanously all over the place. I was conscious of spreading myself thin as I tend to do at majors pretty often but I felt very welcome around smash tournament time.

Had a lot of fun, went slightly better than I expected actually, will certainly be looking out for future meetups to get some more experience and practice.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
In regards to the brawl ruleset, the timing issue is also invalid, since the bracket was so small. And no one watched anyway, so the argument about gaining viewership is also flawed. Might need to reconsider.
After all that, i'm not so much opposed to the ruleset so much as indifferent, quoting both sides of the argument in regards to its benefits and downfalls (from what I observed anyway). I think it's up to other people now to decide what they want to do. ^^

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
game speed = character choice
Thats pretty wrong.

Watch a space animal ditto between two lower level players then watcha space animal ditto between two proper players.

Youll notice somehow lower level players make fox vs falco take 4 minutes compares to higher level players making it take less than two minutes.

It's all about us learning the game rather than characters

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
have some free time at uni now so I'll try and get through as many as possible:

Sebby: you're a ********, but serious I remember playing Melee friendlies at SS last year and the difference is like night and day, good **** improving so much in such a short timespan. I am glad the Bowser and Zelda experience worked (y) too bad you kinda suck at Brawl. Good job winning most improved and not being there to receive it LOL.

Yosh: it was great to get a heap of friendlies with you over the weekend, I can see that you have become much improved at MK vs. Dedede and you're always looking to learn new stuff which is cool. Good **** taking the mic for Brawl finals and being uber-professional with it but man maybe if you cheered for me a bit louder I could've taken it man :( also pools was unfortunate, I know you are much better than to get 0-3 by me but I just landed some Bowser jank so what can you do?

Mozart: thanks a heap for teaming with me and sorry for not doing too well man, you were carrying hard some of those games and I just couldn't hold up my end :( friendlies were also awesome, needed more Bowser vs. Ganondorf though. Thanks for fun times at dinner on Saturday night and you totally bailed for Sunday Mario Party (...not like we had time for it anyway)

Splice: your hair...it's beautiful

V and Venks: didn't end up speaking to either of you much but good **** in our doubles set, I remember playing the both of you when you guys first teamed at one of the SLHQ tournaments and you've both gotten so much better since then.

Luco: I don't think I ever spoke to you but it's unfortunate that you had to leave; I was looking forward to playing the Attila slayer :(

Baron: thanks for chills Saturday night; many lols were had, you're a cool guy and items are the best way to play Brawl.

Khoa: damn man you did amazing in our set, Falco was doing amazing. Shame we didn't get more friendlies but there wasn't a heap of time available throughout the weekend. Better than Shaya's Falco :p

SurPr15e: mah boi, it was great to see you again man! I am bummed that SurPr15e vs. the world couldn't happen but from what I saw you definitely brought the hype on the projector and gave the people what they wanted. I am so disappointed that I couldn't team with you in Melee man, I was looking forward to stomping some skulls with double Ganon and bringing the hype but I guess it will have to wait until next time. Good games in Brawl pools also.

Callibar: ggs in Brawl pools man, if you decide to stick with the game we're always happy to help you improve and I hope you did well and had fun in your other tournaments over the weekend (y)

Shaya: so many sets throughout the weekend, you got the better of me in the end but every game was a challenge and was very fun :) was great to see you again and talk about how manly JoJos is. Really good **** on winning a big major like this! If you host an event on my holidays (and it has Brawl at it) I will definitely try my hardest to come.

Tin Man: doubles was fun, you're pretty good huh. I suppose I should try to get some games in before you leave :p

Dekar: you said you'd put on a show and man, you didn't disappoint.

Nido: man. You wrecked face!

Attila: put in a mountain of effort this tournament. If you ever need help with pool/bracket seeding or need a break to play games/get food/chill feel free to give me a shout. I was a little disappointed with our bracket matches; I feel I need three stocks to work myself into a game against you :p at least Bowser did work.

ViVa: I repped Bowser on stream, are you proud of me?

Everyone who voted me most improved: thank you. I think I plateaued about three years ago, but thank you.

E: also big thanks to everyone who helped set up on Friday, and those who stuck around to pack up last night.

Tournament was excellent, the lateness of events was unfortunate for people who had to leave though (I came at 2 on Sunday struggling to make it on time, but didn't end up playing games until about 7 lol) but there wasn't too much more we could've done about that. We were also somewhat cramped for space at times, considering the success of the event maybe we can command more space at future events. But I had a lot of fun and that's the most important thing (y)

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
@ dean. dean. : I know, i'm so sorry I barely saw you for most of the event so I never got to chat or even play friendlies. D: We absolutely have to play together next time, alright? :D

Last edited:

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Thats pretty wrong.

Watch a space animal ditto between two lower level players then watcha space animal ditto between two proper players.

Youll notice somehow lower level players make fox vs falco take 4 minutes compares to higher level players making it take less than two minutes.

It's all about us learning the game rather than characters
jus saiyan character choice does impact game speed. i never said skill level was irrelevant
unless you took my equation seriously
who takes maths seriously in the 1st place
also jiggs vs young link lol classic argument. 2 top lv players and its still pretty slo

mask1n

Smash Cadet
NNID
mask1n
3DS FC
0318-7208-5996
(About time I made an account here) :V

Had loads of fun this weekend, and getting past Melee pools for the first time has only made me wanna get better! Next time I reach finals/get on stream, I won't choke nearly as hard as I did in PM doubles. :c

Shoutouts to...
Hughie - Doubles is always gonna be fun for me, even if our tournament run was short-lived. Thanks for teaming with someone who you hadn't even met before, I definitely wouldn't mind teaming with you again!
Redact - I completely dropped the ball in our grand final sets, sorry~ ;_; Thanks for the pointers you gave during friendlies with me - I've definitely got some awful habits that need breaking out of.
rgbisdestructive - You actually did pretty well in our pool, 'grats! Was super awesome to play against you in person after countless netplay games, and I've seen a fair bit of improvement in your Falcon over the past few weeks. Work on your tech skill and you'll be a pretty formidable force in the future. :p
dreadtech - Hopefully this weekend was a learning experience for you! Thanks for hanging out with me, watching my matches and cheering me on; it was a pleasure.
Meredyse - Thanks for the friendlies on Sunday, even if Jigglypuff's a frustrating matchup for you. :p For someone who's only been playing for a few months, your Peach is pretty solid. Hope to see more of you at future tournaments!

Tin Man and Shaya - Was really impressed by the level of comradery between you two, whether it was during our PM doubles set, Shaya's PM set against Hardpelicn, or the end of Brawl grand finals. Mad respect to you two. :3
Nido - Your Ness was really entertaining to watch in PM top 8, and the friendlies we had on Sunday morning taught me quite a bit about the Olimar matchup. Hopefully we'll face off against each other in PM top 8 at some point!
Jei - Jigglypuff isn't the most exciting character for Yoshi to fight against in Melee. >_> Wish we didn't have to face each other so early in bracket! On the flipside though, you and 1ampercent managed to defeat Hughie and I pretty convincingly in doubles.
Attila - Really appreciate the work you put in with organising the Smash tournaments - lots of newcomers left with a positive impression of our scene, and a lot of it boils down to how well these tournaments were organised.

Also shoutouts to everyone who demolished/got demolished by/went even with me over the weekend - you were all great sports and my experience was all the better for it!

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
I thought PM was the same speed as melee, not slower than brawl. Why does that game run 4 stocks anyway? Top 8 took over 3 hours. Drastically overestimated the pace of that game. That, combined with streaming issues, pushed the schedule back. Buuuuut we still finished before AE started ;)

In regards to the brawl ruleset, the timing issue is also invalid, since the bracket was so small. And no one watched anyway, so the argument about gaining viewership is also flawed. Might need to reconsider.
I left towards the end of PM finals because it was taking so long (and had Mother's Day stuff on later). I actually enjoyed it for the most part despite the length. Watching characters like Ness and DK fight it out was great but I was pretty disappointed the schedule didn't hold up.

Regarding the stream, tried to watch Melee finals at home but it was buffering so much it was unwatchable. Just an FYI.

Last edited:

Noxus

Smash Cadet
Would like to make a big shout out to Attlia for running the whole tournament, defiantly could not of done it without him. If you plan on being a TO in the future and need a hand with some things i would be happy to help out a bit. Like some of that TO'ing was just nerdy.
I got massively surpri5ed during our match and i guess we could money match at shadowloo but i would need to practice a lot, especially when other top players like Redx are getting surpri5ed during completely legit games..
@ Hughie that 0-death was silly, by far best combo of the tournament will be having nightmares about that for some time to come. I told my mum about it last night and she said it ruined her mothers day man.

Meredy

The Busterina
Figured I should give some shoutouts, especially with how many I'm getting.

S.D - Thanks for being so encouraging. Even though you absolutely thrashed me in tournament, you were very kind and had nothing but good things to say.

Jei - Wtf, that Yoshi.

Tnetennba - I think I played you the most out of anyone else over the weekend, and every game we had was fun. Your Marth is pretty good, and I can see your Ganon getting good.

Attila - You put on a great tournament and were a great guy to talk to. Nothing but respect.

PCG - Keep at it man. That Fox is good.

Splice - From playing with you in doubles friendlies to commentating alongside you, I probably got to know you the best out of anyone else I spoke to this weekend. You're an awesome guy and I really appreciated getting to play with you.

Hughie - Did we even end up playing each other? Regardless, you were great to talk to, and thanks for showing me that Reddit post. (I think that was you).

Hughie

Smash Lad
Yeah, that was me. We played a few times. They were really fun, too. I really hope to see you at more events!

Tnetennba

Smash Rookie
Thanks Meredy, had fun playing against you, hope to see you at other smash events.

Baron Omega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaronOmega
I might aswell make some shoutouts myself.

ATILLA- Good job on running the smash tourneys it was also great to meet you

JEI- Thanks for all the times u helped me with my skills as a Yoshi player and also for cheering for me to finish off Atilla with that up aerial lol. Besides that u have certainly inspired me to get better at yoshi and the fact that now people say that I remind em of ur yoshi.

SPLICE- Thanks for the awesome chat about things and helping me remember you from shadowloo showdown 2013

MOZART- It was good to see you again along with that good to talk to about the smash scene

DEAN- I think we all know that items are **** lol and ur such a troll lol

HUGHIE- Man i wish I was able to do better with you in doubles but there was not much I could do since I havent really practiced in doubles but either way u did well

V AND VENKS- Good to see u guys as always

LUCO- It was certainly a pleasure to meet u in person

and for everyone else I might not remember all of u but I beleive that everyone did an amazing job on getting the FGC to notice us for we will be forever powerful

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Amazing shout-outs going on around here. I want Attila's babies.

Last edited:

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
Attila, the recap is pretty spot on.
I think, feedback wise, that the top 8s on stream day two gives us an opportunity to use the idle set ups for amateur brackets.
Hopefully if we keep going strong the stream stuff will become more organised.

SHOUT OUTS TO:

ATTILA - I guess you worked hard or something? Deserved the **** out of the award

S.D. - The stream seemed to enjoy your frustrations. Too bad Dave was able to make so much of small mistakes. Marth is mean

Dekar - 2g. Every mistake sam made you were on top of, you made Sam scared

Miles - We defs gotta get more teaming in. Taking it up to those stacked teams was great, knowing that it was our team play that was getting us there. Heaps appreciate your trust in me, letting me teach you the real way to doubles. Hope we get the bball team going.

MMMM Billeh - Really enjoyed seeing you bounce back from a disappointing day 1. As always, it's a pleasure to talk to you about everything. PLZ NO BAWRL. I promise i'll be better.

Joey - The good part of the album came on after you got out of the car I swear. Thanks for joining me in back pain and commentary.

HoC - HoC showing out! Stronk perfomances from the whole HoC! Looking forward to getting the bigger chills back when Bu$ stops killing the scene.

Seb - MELEE!

Phrase - Hope your sodium levels can normalise one day from the pools games. GGs, sucks you didn't get a softer pool, there might have been one out there.

Meredyse - As I said when we were playing, my big toe doesn't even move far enough to control the stick. You're too smart for someone who only started playing people this weekend! Enjoyed you on the mic. I expect you to be back with an encyclopaedia of knowledge to drop.

Melbourne uni guys - way to get old, I don't see you guys enough. Sucks that you didn't get bad so I couldn't beat you.

Keepetclassy - spent so long trying to fix the black and white. I would have killed someone in his position. Looking forward to a more streamlined experience next time.

Fox - You're a pretty cool guy.

Shout ins (Like bad stuff, get it?)

Dekar - Please never play on stream with the gay tag again.

People I forgot to shout out - sucked in. Sorry

Pal-60 - why you black and white!?!? Age old problem of not being american.

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
YO I had an amazing time at this, everyone in Melbourne is crazy good at melee.

I think I played just about everyone at least once. Thanks for the tips and stuff Dekar, SD, Atticus, Redact and whoever else gave me pointers. Keen to play with you guys again someday. Disappointed in myself for failing to make it out of pools but glad I got so many games in, I learned a lot.

Peace

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Really fun tourney, amazing how much higher the average skill level is compared to two, even one year ago around this time.

Shoutout time

Splice: I'm really glad that I didn't let you down in teams apart from a few mistakes in earlier games, but our teamwork and synergy was good on the sunday I can't recall anything bad either of us did really. Whether you are willing to accept it or not, you have gotten much better over the past few months to the point where you can beat almost anyone now (you just need to handle your morale better when you take a bad game or lose a match you believe you should not lose). Amazing job in P:M, it was great to see you in a grand final (for a good game :)) and get most improved for P:M #2mewtwo4allthem2

Bu$: Thanks for letting me stay over mang, hanging out after the tourney was just as fun if not more fun than the actual tourney. Regardless of how much **** we give you the rise in skill level we've seen in the past year definitely is linked to your passion for melee and how you basically resurrected the casual meetups in the community #sweg

RedX: Great to see you again after a pretty long time, was great chilling out after the tourney.

Dekar: Ur bad at P:M, ur ok at melee though

SD: Don't feel bad about your reactions during finals, I can't think of many people who wouldn't react in a similar way if they made the same mistakes. It's always great talking with you and watching you beast people, you'll win the next one for sure :). Thank you for the confidence boost, I really can't tell whether i've been improving or not so it's nice to see someone take notice and point it out.

Redact: Amazing heckling as always, instantly makes any match friendly or tournament more fun to watch. Congrats on beating Atticus and on coming 3rd in singles as well as the doubles win

Joey: Ur a b1g b0y now, any match involving you playing or commentating makes the match 10x better. Amazing doubles play, you made the most hype moments of the tournament, just need to get Sam to play on your level in teams :)

Attila: Great TO work, actually cracking down on lateness and absence, always organised and proactive in running events so they finish on time. Reminds me of the good old Cao TO days <3

DD: Bad luck in pools man, it was great to see you turn up for the sunday and help with the commentary. Most professional sounding commentator AUS for sure :D

Shaya: GGs in melee, it's always great to see you, congrats on the Brawl victories in singles and doubles

Haikal: I didn't get to play you at all :(, it's always great to see you hopefully you'll still come to meets and tourneys in Vic whenever possible (Also stop taking my colour pls ty) :p

Atticus: Amazing play in both P:M and Melee, DK suits you so well in P:M it's amazing. Hopefully i'll see you again soon :)

Plasia: Thank you for helping out with the sound on the Friday, always great to see you. I didn't get to play you in anything though :/

Miles: In over 7 years of playing i've never seen someone do something so strange during a match (next time ask for a pause :p), you're getting better so don't feel bad about your performance. You just need to work on your nerves, but that will go away in time so you're definitely on the right track with improving

PCG: I didn't get to play you at all :(, it's always great to hang out with you, also thank you for taking my tv. Good work with the commentary, your fox is improving rapidly.

Skeletom: Amazing set man, that set alone has given me motivation to get better. It's always fun talking with you and messing around, keep coming to meets yeah :)

Seb: Great work in melee, you deserved the award for most improved in melee. It was great that you asked for help in a matchup, listened to advice and started using that advice straight away the next match (you would be suprised how many people don't do this, including me :p)

Meredyse: It was an inspiration to see you playing, if you need help with game knowledge you only need to ask :)

Codie: Get rekt, was fun hanging out during the tourney and afterwards, I didn't get to see you play much but you seemed to have placed really well, congrats

Juci: Was fun hanging out at the HoC, if you have any questions about fox just let me know and I'll try to help you any way I can

Jamwa: Fox matchup advice = pick a better character :)

Sorry to anyone I played and forgot to shoutout, it's really hard to remember everyone especially with all these newer people :/

Last edited:

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
WARNING: MASSIVE WALL OF TEXT

To anyone who is wondering who I am, I’m that Falcon player that overuses taunts/ Falcon Punch. I never ever played anyone who is serious about smash before. AI, and my very casual 13 y.o sister are my only training partners so I'm glad I turned up all three days because I got so many friendlies with all sorts of skill levels and I had a great time! I can’t remember everyone so sorry if I forget any of you. Everyone was super friendly etc...

Jei – You’re my first real opponent that actually plays smash with AT (on Friday), even though it was friendlies I was very nervous just from playing friendlies against your P:M Pit. Wow, can’t believe I was going to decline teaming with you thinking I would bring you down. I was very wrong, because Melee Doubles was the most fun event for me at the whole tournament (I disagree with you Wife!), despite never playing with a teammate or vsing a team before. I only looked at closest opponent and myself throughout the matches, so I have no idea what happened with you / other opponent (really hoped our matches were recorded, would watch 100%).

Vince – Was really cool talking with you, and remembering what you said about all these strong aussie players is hard considering there’s plenty, crash course on aussie smash lol. You wrecked me in Melee singles, obviously never dealt with real Falco pressure before.

Tin Man – You’re a real homie, looking after the new players making sure they’re having a great experience; you don’t have to worry because I enjoyed the tournament immensely. You said positive things about my gameplay and things I need to improve on after our P:M tourney match which was real cool. You even agreed to slip in a few P:M friendlies before your important Brawl matches. Congratulations on your win in Brawl doubles, and runner up place in singles.

Skeletom (irrc) – Thanks for chatting with me and playing friendlies (you’re the only good player that styled on me, instead of utterly destroying me). Apparently you started talking about how decent I was as a player because of a few things I did in friendlies that caught your attention. I actually wasn’t playing very well because I wasn’t able to adapt to other people’s setups so I played slower / made incorrect inputs all the time. I hope we can play again someday.

Bowser-Daimao – It’s tough having a pool with no-one with similar skill level. Even though you lost 0-2 against me, you hit me with a fully charged Shield Breaker so you win style points. From playing against you I learned that I like playing against Marth as C.Falcon. Thanks for all the friendlies in P:M, I remember you saying you were looking for me but something about slowing me down, that can’t be true because it was also my very first time meeting smash players. There were other new smashers around the same level as you so you should definitely come again.

Falcon/Sheik main on Sunday – You thought I was a level above you, but I thought we were about even when we started, but I managed to adapt surprisingly quick and get those juicy hard reads. Your Falcon has good waveland into ledgegrab (hax dashing) so keep it up.

Sonic main on Sunday – I didn’t know Ganon could chaingrab sonic, was only trying it for fun, hope you didn’t get bored on me throwing you until around 5x%. GGs man.

Milton – I had to wait for you to finish your other matches in the other fighting games, but I didn’t mind at all because you play multiple genres of fighters so I respect that. The tip about Mario’s cape, yeah I knew that before but I was nervous because you’re my first ever tournament opponent. Ggs.

Zonks – I am actually quite scared of vsing squirtle as Falcon but I stuck with fundamentals and it worked out for me I guess. Ggs

Ed32 – I see some strategic use of Din’s Fire which is cool, P:M gives the players the opportunity to be more diverse about their playstyle. My Falcon is heavily Melee based so maybe you’re not used to that, it was a fun matchup though. ggs.

Samuel L Blaxon – Even you admitted that I had the last match, up 3-1 stocks and I flubbed and choked hard. DDD edge guards are too strong, and then I accidently Reverse Falcon Kicks offstage. GGs though.

Splice: You wrecked me in pools; I did too many incorrect inputs and was overwhelmed by spacie pressure, GGs.

Dat Roy Main (forgot name): It was fun to play against, double-edge dance all day. I counter-picked Roy because I half-forfeited / knew I was going to lose. I was tired of making incorrect inputs all the time so I thought a Roy ditto would at least make it fun. You said something after you won the Roy ditto but I couldn’t hear it, too much noise and I’m kinda deaf lol. GGs.

Touko + RGB: First Doubles opponent ever, fun match as there’s another Falcon in the game so it makes it more fun (for me). GGs

SD + Joey: You guys are too good, vsing a Luigi is fun (for me) GGs

Mask1n + Hughie: I don’t remember much of the match, except there was a Jiggly rest landed on me so I’d like more details if possible. GGs though.

Swords + Meredyse: The most fun doubles match i had, and Meredyse I thought you were only stage striking with your foot to look like a badass, but you playing like a boss with it as well! When I went home that night, only then I figured you had no left arm, I feel so stupid lol. That over-obsessive taunting (including 4 in-a-row), and overuse of Falcon Punch (including a pseudo tapion punch on swords and a missed flying falcon punch suicide on Meredyse) was not me being disrespectful, I was trying to be flashy and have fun, which I had plenty of so great games you guys.

Tak + Billy: I don’t even know how we managed to get the first game off you guys, I sincerely thought you two outclass me a fair margin, I kinda panicked and tried something radical in hopes of winning (switching to Ganon on Yoshi’s) but it did not work out at all. I was very embarrassed at that performance. I appreciate the advice on sticking to C.Falcon, I made a really dumb mistake haha.

I played friendlies with others too, I either got wrecked hard by competent players or styled on newer ones badly, but can’t all friendlies or names.

Ledge camp inhaling kirbycide dude: C’mon man don’t be a play2win Chu Dat/M2k. Play to get better and have fun! It’s so much more satisfying that way.

Marth player (kirbycide dude’s friend): GGs, sorry if you feel I’m too much of an opponent, I would have given you advice but I can’t hear myself talk in the venue.

kirbycide dude’s friend #2: That 32 second game was a record for me as well. Though you did suicide twice so don’t feel too bad. It was fun. GGs

Guy that 4 stocked me on the projector: Yeah you’re too good / never vsed a fox player before so gg. Good learning experience for me haha. Hope I didn’t bore you or anything.

Special mentions:

Attila: I know asked you too many questions but dude it’s my first time in a tournament environment. Good job running the smash event. I can tell you put a lot of effort on making sure the tournament is the best it can by making run organised, and on time, and at the same time new players like myself enjoy it as much as possible. Your dedication didn’t go unnoticed as you were given a special mention before street fighter started.

Vince & Jei: Thanks for testing my setup for delay.

SurPr15e: I don’t think we’ve met, but you brought the hype in the thread, and it made me want to enter the tourney in the first place. I thank you immensely for that. Great first experience etc…

Now that I've got your attention, I am calling you out for being a fraud, you definitely SurPr15ed us when you didn't turn up for exhibitions. Your apologies mean nothing, there will be blood.
So...
Shadowloo Showdown 2014: SurPr15e Vs. 1ampercent $xx MONEY MATCH LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE 4 STOCK ME :yeahboi:

Splice

Smash Hero
1&% would ****ing destroy SurPr15e, no contest lol
but definitely worthwhile for the free money (go for $20 minimum dude)

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
SurPr15e: I don’t think we’ve met, but you brought the hype in the thread, and it made me want to enter the tourney in the first place. I thank you immensely for that. Great first experience etc…

Now that I've got your attention, I am calling you out for being a fraud, you definitely SurPr15ed us when you didn't turn up for exhibitions. Your apologies mean nothing, there will be blood.
So...
Shadowloo Showdown 2014: SurPr15e Vs. 1ampercent $xx MONEY MATCH LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE 4 STOCK ME :yeahboi:
First of all, thanks for mentioning me. I'm glad I helped motivate you. Secondly, I accept your money match at Shadowloo Showdown. $10. So it's now me vs Cody (Noxus) and 1ampercent in a money match. I'll be sure to SUCCESSFULLY pull an Amsah this time when the situation comes otherwise, be ready because I am now training for my match.

mask1n

Smash Cadet
NNID
mask1n
3DS FC
0318-7208-5996
Mask1n + Hughie: I don’t remember much of the match, except there was a Jiggly rest landed on me so I’d like more details if possible. GGs though.
I only remember figuring out a strategy that could've lead to my team's victory when it was too late. :c The biggest problem I found myself having in doubles was that I kept getting knocked away from the action, leaving Hughie in some pretty horrible situations. Also Jei's Yoshi is pretty difficult for me to handle in doubles. :p

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
First of all, thanks for mentioning me. I'm glad I helped motivate you. Secondly, I accept your money match at Shadowloo Showdown. $10. So it's now me vs Cody (Noxus) and 1ampercent in a money match. I'll be sure to SUCCESSFULLY pull an Amsah this time when the situation comes otherwise, be ready because I am now training for my match.
There is a 15 in SuPr15e so I'm SuPr15ed $15 is not the minimum amount.

I only remember figuring out a strategy that could've lead to my team's victory when it was too late. :c The biggest problem I found myself having in doubles was that I kept getting knocked away from the action, leaving Hughie in some pretty horrible situations. Also Jei's Yoshi is pretty difficult for me to handle in doubles. :p
Which character was Hughie using? That might trigger my memory better.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Ever since Brawl was denied from MLG this year. Community decided to try and do something to make the game more exciting for those who exist outside the community.

I question how well it worked, though.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I have to admit 1-stock matches are pretty interesting and hype to watch. Also kinda makes me want to play.

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
From a spectator perspective I MUCH prefer the 1 stock Brawl format.
I even watched M2K vs some ICs dude at the MLG event, and the BAM finals were good to watch too.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
My relative conclusions about one stock:

It forces the good players to take it seriously.

Three stocks is a long time, for the good brawl players, they don't have to try because over 3 stocks, chances are you'll win even if you started off poorly. This is probably the main anti-argument, the whole adaption thing. But in Australia's case, the adaption argument is bull ****, we all suck too much, when we lose because its 1 stock, its our fault for not playing properly, not the fact we couldn't adapt fast enough.
My first set against Dean was a great example of these "negatives", and my losses were my fault. I made single critical mistakes that lost matches, and hence the set. The result of the fifth match of that set I felt had a lot to do with RNG (2 gordos from dedede side b out of like 3-4 tosses), which goes to show that the whole consistency argument exists; chances are those gordos wouldn't have had so much impact in 3 stocks as they did in one stock, but that's an acceptable 'change', imo (G&W, dedede and Peach are all characters that can win matches due to RNG, but I doubt 1 stock will turn them all into lame ass top tiers who need to get banned). Either way, I still lost 2 games purely from my mistakes and Dean capitalizing, which is fantastic.

Because of this, I felt I needed to do things properly. Play matches from the getgo with the intention of winning, not ****ing up, and caring for my mistakes. If I make mistakes I should be liable to lose matches, this isn't a common factor besides evenly skilled players in 3 stocks, but is a constant factor in 1 stock.
If I'm forced to play properly from the get go, my opponent gets the most out of playing me as well, and they should improve faster as a result. The whole pseudo-sandbag thing that the current good brawl players do in this country is way too widespread and the 1-stock change may be the shake up we need to improve our own esteem, which would hopefully trickle down to other players.

i'm still not entirely sold on 3 stocks vs 1, but my notion of Higher Risk/Forced to play properly is likely the biggest reason why I think 1 stock may be better for The Australian Scene right now.
Other things may need to change, for one, Pokemon Stadium needs to go. Every match I played on PS1 went to sub 10 seconds on the clock (or time out). The stage naturally stalls a match until the sub 1 minute mark.
Best of nine for grand finals is excessive. Best of 7s are fine.

To compare with Melee, the top players in melee obviously do get to sandbag, but their mistakes are just as critical at nearly every level of play. This isn't the case in Australian Brawl, where punishments are not necessarily consistent, and even if they are they aren't winning you matches (which you may argue that they should) - this naturally promotes aggressive plays, and doesn't punish you as harshly for making them as they do in 3 stocks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom