• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGD: Dr. Shrunk Says be Happy!!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here a place where Villager mains can just talk!

So...

Who hear wants to main the adorable AC psychopath?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
He's probably going to be one of my mains, if not my first main.

Assuming he's a starter (I'm near certain he is) I'm probably going to try him out as soon as I get the game, along with the revamped Bowser.

TR33

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pandaguy719
Agreed, told myself that I'd play Villager first chance I got to play the game and that's going to be a little difficult if he needs to be unlocked first.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
It's hard to make this choice now, but yeah, I'll probably try him out as well as rosalina. Who could turn down a chance to make the innocent villager a killer?

OKALRIGHT

Smash Rookie
Ooooh, I can't just NOT main him, though! His playstyle looks so unique! What archetype do you think would describe it the best? Zoning?

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Of the four newcomers so far, Villager is the one I'm most excited to play as.
Something about him makes me smile the same way Olimar did when he was confirmed.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
villager is totally my ssb4 main. (it was going to be kirby, but after sakurai cleared somethings up on his moveset, i made an instant switch)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
What do you want the animal crossing victory tune to be?

I want to see it based on the main menu theme of the N64/Gamecube original, as a nod to its roots plus I think it's the catchiest ac theme tune.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I probably should have posted in this thread a long time ago. Been a big Animal Crossing fan since the GameCube, and I'm glad to see it get a rep with so many references. Out of all the newcomers revealed so far, he and Rosalina look to be the most appealing to me. I definitely want to see his camping potential with the tree, and what he can do in general. Though, I am a bit worried about his recovery potential, as the Lloyd Rocket looks like it will be the only viable option. The Balloon Fighter looks like it will be incredibly easy to gimp.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Out of all the newcomers revealed so far, he and Rosalina look to be the most appealing to me. I definitely want to see his camping potential with the tree, and what he can do in general. Though, I am a bit worried about his recovery potential, as the Lloyd Rocket looks like it will be the only viable option. The Balloon Fighter looks like it will be incredibly easy to gimp.
Honestly, I like all the newcomers except for mega man. He...doesn't excite me at all for some reason.

The Lloyd rocket looks super unique compared to any other move on any character. Its usefulness will depend on how far it goes and how high it can go.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Honestly, I like all the newcomers except for mega man. He...doesn't excite me at all for some reason.

The Lloyd rocket looks super unique compared to any other move on any character. Its usefulness will depend on how far it goes and how high it can go.
I agree with you on Mega Man. I can appreciate the nostalgic value attached to Mega Man and his moveset in this game, but since I didn't really play the classic MM games when I was little (I grew up on MMX instead), I'm not super excited about playing as him either. That being said, I am not against him being in this game; he adds a good classic style and will be interesting to fight against.

Same thing with Wii Fit Trainer. She is completely hilarious, and I am looking forward to fighting against her and see how others use her, but I probably won't use her much myself. Rosalina and Villager are so far the only newcomers that I am really excited to play as.

I can only hope that the Lloyd Rocket is enough to save Villager's recovery. That is what will make or break the character for me.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
I agree with you on Mega Man. I can appreciate the nostalgic value attached to Mega Man and his moveset in this game, but since I didn't really play the classic MM games when I was little (I grew up on MMX instead), I'm not super excited about playing as him either. That being said, I am not against him being in this game; he adds a good classic style and will be interesting to fight against.

Same thing with Wii Fit Trainer. She is completely hilarious, and I am looking forward to fighting against her and see how others use her, but I probably won't use her much myself. Rosalina and Villager are so far the only newcomers that I am really excited to play as.

I can only hope that the Lloyd Rocket is enough to save Villager's recovery. That is what will make or break the character for me.
The only mega man game I ever got was mm9 for wii ware. Mega man does deserve to get into this game though.

I'm not totally sure about the fit trainer. We haven't seen all her moves an we know nothing about her playstyle. I'm in the same boat as you as far as Rosalina and villager.

Maybe a horrible recovery is just villager's weakness. Maybe he's meant to stay on the stage or die?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
He has the rocket gyroid thing so that might be a useful recovery move

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
One of my most anticipated newcomers which I want to main. He looks so unique and has a lovely charm to him. I'm sure I'm gonna love abusing the Tree for edgeguarding and Pocketing for item and projectile shenanigans.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hi Villager fans!

So in the Smash Wii U/3DS discussion forums, I run a weekly newsletter of sorts called The Week in Review which reports what happened in the Smash community and Smash 4. This also includes Pic of the Day and leaks.

I want to open it to character analyzation/speculation and want to do Villager first. This includes move sets, game play mechanics, stats, tourney speculation, etc. if you have anything to add, if really appreciate it!!

Here is a link to the Week in Review
http://smashboards.com/threads/week-in-review-issue-2.346612/

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Villager!

Whos gonna play hot potatoe with villager as soon as the game comes out?
Have villy catch anything and throw it back out to your friend and have them catch it. Then they throw it back.

Dairz

Smash Ace
SSB4 already has alot for me. @_@ My old mains, Luigi and Toon Link, are already confirmed, I want to give New Bowser a shot, and I really want to learn Villager and Mega Man too.

Last edited:

subata

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3368-2147-2073
none of my old favorites except for pit are confirmed, but they're unlockables so, it's likely they wouldn't be announced. and my main falco isn't announced yet, he's unlockable of course, so to be expected to not be announced.
anyway, i will definitely try out the villager and maybe main him, as he is from animal crossing.

Mr.Pikachu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EzioJett
I'm gonna main him, but Lucario and Charizard are just too awesome. I might main them too!

TheSkuxxedOne

Smash Cadet
Not sure if you guys would be interested....but here's a compilation of the best villager memes I could find!
Enjoy!

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
I main mostly him if i get it

Glaciacott

Smash Lord

I think I may be using the Villager at some point or another after all!! Been waiting for this day!

and the green palette swap happens to be female too! Happy day!

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Everyone keeps referring to Villager as a kid but that’s pretty weird, cause they’ve moved out of their parents home and now they’re paying for their own home, which means at the least they gotta be 16 right?

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
not only the villager, BUT THE ENTIRE VILLAGE IS OUT TO CREEP US ALL!!!

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Everyone keeps referring to Villager as a kid but that’s pretty weird, cause they’ve moved out of their parents home and now they’re paying for their own home, which means at the least they gotta be 16 right?
At that height, I don't think so. Maybe the New Leaf incarnation, though.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
so sling shot is a ranged weapon. why not use it as a side special? why does it have to be used for 2 aerials? is sakurai getting lazy? wheres the fishing rod? why does villager have turnips for up air and down air? can we not find any more interesting contraptions to use for his aerials other than using the same ones twice?

D

Deleted member

I just want the tree to become at least somewhat usable, judging by the gameplay I've seen it's been useless, people just plant it, maybe hit it once, and then go back to the fight without even attempting to drop it on someone.

Given how much lag it seems to have and its trajectory, I hope it will see at least some use as one of The Villager's edgeguarding tools since it seems the tree can fall a good vertical distance and still do damage.

Top Bottom