• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGBootCamp Indianapolis: 2/20th-21st/2010, GET HYPED! Ally, M2K, ChuDat, Neo!!!

VGBootCamp

Smash Apprentice

Guys if you have any questions call:

GIMR:

443-370-2042

or

Aposl:

410-446-6546

The tourney is in room 108, a guide in the main lobby should be able to tell you how to get to it.

Date

February 20, 2010 - February 21, 2010

Address

Indiana Convention Center
100 South Capitol Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46225

Game/Events

Melee Doubles
Melee Singles
Brawl Doubles
Brawl Singles
Street fighter 4 Doubles
Street Fighter 4 Singles
Street Fighter 2 turbo HD Remix Doubles
Street Fighter 2 turbo HD Remix Singles
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 Doubles
Marvel Vs. capcom 2 Singles

Schedule
(In Order to not conflict with the Chicago Tournament the schedule will be as follows)

If anyone is late he or she will be DQ'd! We must finish this tournament on time so don't sleep in or you will regret it.

Saturday

10:00 AM: Doors Open, Sign ups Start for those who didn't pre-reg(if you don't pre-reg you have to pay $20 instead of $15)
11:00 AM: Melee Doubles
12:00 PM: SFIV Singles Pools
3:00 PM: SFIV Singles Bracket
3:00-4:00 PM: Melee Singles Pools
7:00 PM: Melee Singles Bracket
8:00 PM: SFIV Doubles
Around 12:00 AM: Day 1 Complete

Sunday

10:00 AM: Doors Open, Sign ups Start for those who didn't pre-reg
11:00 AM: Brawl Doubles
12:00 PM: MVC2 Singles
3:00-4:00 PM: Brawl Singles Pools
3:30 PM: MVCV2 Doubles
5:30 PM: Brawl Singles
6:00 PM: SF2HDR Singles
9:00 PM: SF2HDR Doubles
12:00 AM: Tournament Complete

Prices

Venue - $20(If you pay online you'll get $5 cash back at the door)

Every Event - $10(doubles/teams is $20 a team)

Payouts(If Under 100 People):

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Payouts(If Over 100 People):

1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%
5th: 2.5%
5th: 2.5%

Housing

We've Cut a Deal with the Econo Lodge for the betterment of smashers. DEAL IS NOW OVER. If you didn't get it then you cannot take the shuttle.

Room with 2 Queen Size Beds, 1 TV, and Bathroom with shower.

• 44.99 for 2 people per night
  • 54.99 for 4 people per night

317-248-1113

5241 West Bradbury, Indianapolis, IN, US, 46241

Make sure you tell them you want the VGBootCamp Indianapolis deal. When you arrive at the Econo Lodge make sure they give you your shuttle passes

Shuttle

there will be a shuttle going back and forth from the Econo Lodge to the Indianapolis Convention Center at the follwing times:

Saturday
  • 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
  • 11:00 PM to 1:00 Am

Sunday
  • 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
  • 11:00 PM to 1:00 Am

You need to do the hotel deal in order get tickets for the shuttle

TVs

25(VGBootCamp)

Wiis

5(VGBootCamp)

GameCubes

4(VGBootCamp)

PS3s

Make Sure to Bring Wii's and Cubes with Copies of Smash!

Players

Pre-Registered(Paid) = 39

God-is-my-Rock(B+M)
Aposl(B+M)
Hat(B+M)
Logic(B)
Calebyte(B)
Ed A.K.A. Achilles(B)
Sith Lord(B)
Sassy(B)
Lord of Democracy(M)
Tyr(B)
Jayford(M)
Fonz(B)
The Cookie Monster(M)
INSANE CRAZY GUY(M)
Mr. H(M)
Doctor Bendz(M)
Meki(M)
********(M)
Dr. Peef Peef(M)
Lanceinthepants(M)
Piramides(SFIV)
Cook(B)
MetalMusicMan(B)
Nicole(B)
Y.b.M.(B)
CNN(M)
CapeM(B)
Radium88(B)
DracoFox(M)
Megachuk(M)
FEAR(M)
Shyguy(B)
Mister Eric(B)
Spectrum(B)
May^2(B)
Today(B)
Hilt(B)
Smash64(B)
Infern Angelis(B)

Pre-Registered(Not Paid) = 22

Nope(B)
Legendary(B)
Viper Boy(M+B)
Apollo(M)
Uggawugga(B)
Icyo(B)
Shinku(B+M)
HungryBox(M)
Nexus(M)
Hilt(B+M)
Infern Angelis(B)
Ban Hammer(B)
SOVA man(B)
Rune Kai(M)
Legan
rogueblades(B)
Kyari(M+B+SFIV)
MyndGames(SFIV)
Pompus Puff(SFIV)
BigD(M)
brian(M)
Sil(B)
Microwave(M)[/B]

Total Pre-registered: 61

People who say they are coming or are interested in coming but are waiting to Pre-register = 58

Lain
Chu Dat
Neo
Candy
EE Visu
Clowsui
nyc tag$
Angel.M <3 C:
XeroXen
Count
TheYoster
hunger!
Ally
Mogwai
lou4222 + 5 springfieldians
Zeni
Th3 Master Composer
Juggleguy
thumbswayup
Reneblade
U.S.A-Legendary
Handorin
Lemondude829
Tristan_win
Asdioh
Joemama8
LAWZ
Sanuzi
KrazyKnux
strawhats
Big_R
Overswarm
_SIN_06
ihavespaceballs
Guide
Kirbykaze
Unknown
I.B
L-Cancel
Jiano
Drephen
DarkLink4312
Lucario1337
Airborne
FrameRate
Ori
Jekyll
Havok
DallasPhat
DJ Jazzy Jake
Avarice Panda
Zozefup
Random Lax
Synthe
Jason voorhese329
solecalibur
TKO

Total = 119

Don't forget, Pound 4 had 300 people register the last day, It seems that people are following suit for this also. Step it up people!

Rules

Melee

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower port will get to choose the first strike. Loser choses ban before next match.

One ban per player per set. To be chosen after loss.

Modified DSR: You cannot go back to the last stage you won in a set, unless agreed upon by the other player.

The player choice clause!:: If both players agree to a rule outside of my ruleset, feel free to play by that. If one player wants to counterpick Mute City and the other player is fine with that because they think it's a fair stage, then that is more than fine. However in the event the two players disagree, house rules stand.

Brawl

Singles:

3 Stock

8 Minute Time Limit

Items are set to "off" and "none"

-If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You should not quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.

-First round consists of players choosing their characters. During this time either player can call for a double blind pick . The first stage will then be determined by the stage striking method. One player strikes one stage and then the next player strikes two stages. Next, the original player chooses a stage out of the final two that are available to him or her.(If both players can't agree on who strikes first a best 2/3 game of rock, paper, scissors will be played. The winner chooses who goes first.) After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counter picks.

-Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.

-You may not counter pick a stage you have already won on earlier that set unless your opponent agrees to it.

-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.

Neutral Stages:

o Battlefield
o Final Destination
o Smashville
o Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
o Lylat Cruise

* Counterpick Stages:

o Delfino Plaza
o Castle Siege
o Frigate Orpheon
o Battleship Halberd
o Rainbow Cruise
o Brinstar
o Pokemon Stadium 1

-The 50 Ledge Grab Rule will be in effect, until the community as a whole comes up with a set number, we will make the limit 50 grabs. If the game ends with the time running out and your stats show that you went over 50 ledge grabs, you will automatically lose that round. If both people go over 50, then the participating player Who has the highest stock and or lowest percentage on that stock will win. If both player have the same stock and percentage when the timer runs out, then a 1 stock rematch will occur. This rule does not apply to doubles.

-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but are not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, Marth's standing infinite chain grab on Ness and Lucas, etc.
-All Ice Climber chain grabs are legal until after their opponent is over 250%.
-The Ice Climber's fusion glitch is banned.
-Meta knight's Infinite cape glitch is banned
-If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it (best 2 out of 3, no items, FD only).
- Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
o If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
o If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie the one who initiated the move will win the round
-Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing. We can't be having wii's be interrupted because someone made a mistake. I will be enforcing this heavily, and there will be penalties if people do not obey.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Doubles:

- Same standard rules and stages as singles.
--In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
- Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is using a character that might make it tough to determine the teams color (like Sonic, Lucario, or Pokemon Trainer), they are allowed to request control of a certain color to help lessen confusion.
-Stock sharing is allowed.
-Team Attack is on

Street Fighter IV

-No Characters are banned

-Each player will have 2 lives

-the timer will be set to 99

-You will have to beat your opponent in a 2/3 set to move on(Not 2/3 Rounds)

-Winners/Losers Finals will be 3/5

-Grand Finals will be 4/7

-Life will be set to 5 stars

Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

-Akuma is Banned

-Each player will have 2 lives

-Winners Losers Finals will be 3/5

Marvel VS. Capcom 2

-No Characters are banned

-Winners Losers Finals will be 3/5

-any glitches that stop the flow of game play are banned(I.E. Gambit's Stalling glitch)

-Damage will be set to Default

-Handicap will set to default

-Turbo 1

-You can't have one character multiple times on your team

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Glad my dads a pilot :)

Any pros wanna team for a cheap flight? :)

Edit:

VGBootCamp said:
10:00 AM: Doors Open
10:30 AM: Finish up MVC2 Doubles
11:00 PM: Brawl Singles Bracket Starts
11:30 PM: Melee singles Bracket Starts
12:00 PM: SFIV Singles Bracket Starts
5:00 PM: Break Time
lol wut?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Should definitely be at this :D
Looking forward to it, we'll be here for sure

i don't particularly like the ledge grab rule, but i'll make this regardless

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'd suggest using stage striking for Melee, possibly the MBR rules, perhaps a similar ruleset modified (I'm not personally crazy about MBR rules, but I think they're better than these).

Indianapolis is pretty far, but if this turnout looks legit, I may be up for it.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm assuming if we enter melee singles we can't enter brawl singles as well?
You can if you'd like, But you must get to your match soon after it's called. We'll do are best not to call someone for a tourney match in Melee and then call for their Brawl match right after and vice versa

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
lame date. already attending websters tourney that has a $300 pot bonus.
Yeah you guys, this is a terrible date for this tournament. For A LOT of players (smashers and then some) from IA, MI, IL, WI, TX, CA and OH are considering coming to my tournament ON THE SAME DATE AS THIS. Thread is located here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252368 .

I would hate for our schedules to bumb heads. For I know we both want as many attendees as possible. And unfortunately, I definitely CAN NOT change my date (not to mention that I posted my tournament months in advance too :( ).

So I am SERIOUSLY hoping that you guys are able and WILLING to change your date for this tournament.

Respectfully,

Webster/Devildigimon

BMX

Smash Lord
Clearly, you two cannot change your dates, so shut up and throw both events. Me and 8 of MD/VA's finest will be coming to this tourney because VGbootcamp is too goodz.

P.S: A coffee house? That's kk, I guess. Pics or GTFO.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Clearly, you two cannot change your dates, so shut up and throw both events. Me and 8 of MD/VA's finest will be coming to this tourney because VGbootcamp is too goodz.

P.S: A coffee house? That's kk, I guess. Pics or GTFO.

Uhmmm FYI it's a good size coffee house capable of holding at lease 200+ people. Great food, at affordable prices and we're giving away exceptional cash bonuses.

So kindly watch your ****ing mouth son.

Thanks. :ohwell:

And like I said, my tournament was posted first, appropriately with time in advanced notice. And I considered other tournaments that were being scheduled. This tournament (your tournament), did none of the above...so STFU!!!

BMX

Smash Lord
Very respectful of a TO host to be talking to someone like that.

Again, STFU and get over the fact that this tourney is happening.

Don't be rude about it.

GG.

So MD/VA is coming. :D

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
And like I said, my tournament was posted first, appropriately with time in advanced noticed, and considered other tournaments that were being scheduled. And this tournament (your tournament), did none of the above...so STFU!!!
They probably did, just didn't care enough to switch it around. You don't have a reason to be in this thread, you're just mad that this tournament's gonna steal all your entrants.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'll try to go to this. if you see a kirby dtaunting the **** out of someone, thats most likely me :).

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
They probably did, just didn't care enough to switch it around. You don't have a reason to be in this thread, you're just mad that this tournament's gonna steal all your entrants.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9013283&postcount=154

Consider that it'd be better for the midwest Smash scene as a whole to have two big tournaments one after another instead of two smaller tournaments on the same day. You mentioned how it's "just a coffee house" when Alex Strife's (The very tournament you mentioned) venue is even smaller than the coffee house this takes place at. Aaaaaand...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254466
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252368
http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=119050
http://www.willvolution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8274
http://www.8wayrun.com/f2/cof-angry-...sc2-old-t6314/
http://www.meltybread.com/forums/tou...hinobi-circus/
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=214666

The fact of the matter is, you're trying to strong-arm people from this one to yours, and are making up excuses to make up for that. It's pretty obvious you're just being selfish and are completely ignoring the communities as a whole, so I doubt this'll have any effect, but if you're going to do so, don't give BS responses.

Never heard other TOs talk worse than that. Nope. None.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord

Again, STFU and get over the fact that this tourney is happening.

Don't be rude about it.

GG.

So MD/VA is coming. :D
Uhmmm NO! You were being rude at first. Hence your post that I quote. You sound like the typical tough guy behind a computer screen. Good luck with that...

LAME!!! You're a joke. And I'm done talking with you.

I DO actually have a reason to be in this thread, because it's MY tournament that we're discussing. People have already came in here and asked for this tournament's date to be changed out of respect for mine. My tournament was POSTED 4 months ago with a **** ton of interest (see my thread in midwest regional section). So yeah I am a little annoyed, because I purposely made sure to post my tournament to NOT collide with other important tournaments happening, and at the SAME TIME, giving possible attendees advance notice. So what do you expect for me to do?

And by how your post sounds, it proves my point: that the T.Os of this tournament (your tournament), showed no respect whatsoever for my tournament and the players that considered going. And that's BOGUS! Period.

Am I worried about losing players coming to my tournament? No! I'm going to throw a great show with good rewards for showing up and placing. So it's all good over here playboi.

So anyways, I wish you luck. And YES! I am done posting in here...unless my name or my tournament is brought up.

Wafles

Smash Lord
The fact that this tournament is blatantly on the same day as another fairly big regional tournament is really, really disappointing. Didn't you guys look around.

Switch the date for this and I'll gladly come to this, the other tournament has a $300 (with possibily more to come) pot bonus...

The disrespect that people have been showing to DevilDigimon in this topic is really, really upsetting. In all fairness, his tournament was posted first, and has been getting attention from M2K, MI (Lain, Judge, etc....), and other big names in the smash community. The TO's behind this tournament are acting very very childish, and it's pretty upsetting to see this.

Please just consider changing the date, it's far better for our region to host two big tournaments on two different weekends then it is for 2 tournaments which both will have smaller attendance to be on the same weekend. =\

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
We present to you the VG Boot Camp 2010 National Circuit. We are proud to bring you this circuit, organized with the help of the video game communities across the United States, but under the direct supervision of VG Boot Camp. We take pride in and look forward to bringing our patrons to the best competitive gaming experience possible. We feel our job is to bring a balanced number of events to each region, to allow for more local competitors to gain access to something bigger, but still allow nation wide access to each event. As gamers ourselves, we intimately understand what is fair in a gaming competition, we will be consistent in our judging and persistent in keeping fair brackets as well as fair rules. As tourney organizers we will also be seeking to bring you the best and most entertaining event as possible.

If you intimately understand what is fair in a gaming competition, and you really wish to bring a balanced number of events to each region, you would reconsider the date. Webster takes a lot of pride in his tournaments, and he is the best T.O. I have ever encountered. He deserves every sponsorship that he received for his upcoming tournament, and if he was able to run his tournament without any interference, it would likely be one of the best the Midwest has ever experienced.

Holding both tournaments the same weekend will severely impact both tournaments' turnouts, which means less money and competition for the winners, and less fun for everyone. Webster posted this tournament 4 months ago and is in way too deep with his sponsors to change the date. This is a huge mistake and I know that whoever organizes the tournaments for VGBootCamp would agree. I beg you to do the right thing and reschedule the tournament. I guarantee that the Midwest will look more favorably upon VGBootCamp, and they will be much more likely to support and attend future VGBootCamp events.

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
The disrespect that people have been showing to DevilDigimon in this topic is really, really upsetting. In all fairness, his tournament was posted first, and has been getting attention from M2K, MI (Lain, Judge, etc....), and other big names in the smash community. The TO's behind this tournament are acting very very childish, and it's pretty upsetting to see this.
I know the TO's of this tournament. They sent a respectful, private message to DevilDigimon, and haven't responded to the issue yet otherwise. Anyone else who has addressed the situation isn't a part of VGBootCamp.

DevilDigimon, you are responding to everyone who opposes your position as if they are all a part of organizing this tourney. That's not really fair.

If you really want to work this out, you should probably just respond to their private message, rather than start a flame war.

Top Bottom