• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGBootCamp Indianapolis: 2/20th-21st/2010, GET HYPED! Ally, M2K, ChuDat, Neo!!!

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I wish people would just choose one or work something out so we can go to 2 great tournaments.

If there will be no compromise, then players will have to have a consensus on where they want to go. Wherever the melee players are going is where I'm going.

This tournament looks great, and I'm leaning toward it.

Landry

Smash Ace
I don't see why anyone would choose this tournament over the IL one, $300 pot bonus, sponsors and big names kind of take precedent. That said I would love to come to this tournament, but forcing people to chose between this a CoF doesn't seem like the best of ideas.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Sassy: I never recieved a "private message" i recieved a visitor's message. Thus it was public from the VERY start.

DLA: Hit the nail on the head in his post. (And I also appreciate the kind words too bro.) I honestly want what's best for both tournaments. In fact, I would even consider coming to this tournament myself. But I simply CAN NOT change my dates for all the reasons I and other people have stated. I REALLY do not understand, why you guys - for this tournament, can NOT change your dates. This thread is less than two weeks old and "still" is in it's planning stages. Whereas my tournament has been in the running for 4+ months and has all the bells and whistles (sponsors, dedicated top players, and etc). So uhmmm...I don't get it. :dizzy:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
UM's spring break begins with this weekend, so this is great. I'd definitely like to attend, and I should be able to bring a car of players from the area. Any housing available from Indy people?

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Take your **** to a ****ing PM, stop spamming this thread with your crying, Devildigimon.

Icyo

Smash Ace
DevilDigimon brought disrespect on his self through the use of snide remarks to those commenting on the situation. If you guys want the tournaments to occur on different dates try changing the date of your own. This one will probably not change.

grimacetpp

Smash Apprentice
DevilDigimon brought disrespect on his self through the use of snide remarks to those commenting on the situation. If you guys want the tournaments to occur on different dates try changing the date of your own. This one will probably not change.
Maybe, you could read all of the posts pertaining this issue and see that both TOs have legitimate reasons for why the cannot change the date. On that note, considering that MAS was posted first, I feel as if VGBootcamp is at fault for this issue. Also, I would like to apologize to both TOs for whatever "flaming" they may have encountered because of this issue, because when it comes down to it both TOs want to bring us, the community, a fantastic tournament. Neither of them deserve to be flamed.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Or you could just choose to stay out of the conversation instead of making pointless posts. :lick:
When you post in a public thread about something you are leaving yourself open for the public to comment. My posts aren't pointless, I'm making a point that he needs to take his complaining up with the TO somewhere in private(like a PM) rather then spamming it here where no one gives a ****. Now shut up.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
When you post in a public thread about something you are leaving yourself open for the public to comment. My posts aren't pointless, I'm making a point that he needs to take his complaining up with the TO somewhere in private(like a PM) rather then spamming it here where no one gives a ****. Now shut up.
Webster just said that he hasn't received a PM from them yet. The T.O.'s SWF account has 8 posts or something, I doubt that the PMs are even checked. And even if they are checked, then Webster's PM was obviously ignored. I don't see a contact address anywhere on this thread, the main thread, or the T.O.'s website, so therefore, it is impossible for them to have a private conversation. So what other options does he have? Sit back and let the two tournaments ruin each other when the time comes?

I understand that it may be annoying to read what we have to say, but it's not like we're asking you to donate money to save polar bears in Antarctica or something. Our complaints are very relevant to this thread, because this mistake will hurt this tournament too. In fact, it will likely hurt this tournament more than Webster's, because the IL one has a $300+ bonus pot. And if this tournament is rescheduled, then a lot of us posting about this issue will likely attend both tournaments.

So please stop being rude to each other, this isn't supposed to be a competition between both tournaments. If this tournament is rescheduled, then we'll be meeting and playing with each other on both weekends.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Webster just said that he hasn't received a PM from them yet. The T.O.'s SWF account has 8 posts or something, I doubt that the PMs are even checked. And even if they are checked, then Webster's PM was obviously ignored. I don't see a contact address anywhere on this thread, the main thread, or the T.O.'s website, so therefore, it is impossible for them to have a private conversation. So what other options does he have? Sit back and let the two tournaments ruin each other when the time comes?

I understand that it may be annoying to read what we have to say, but it's not like we're asking you to donate money to save polar bears in Antarctica or something. Our complaints are very relevant to this thread, because this mistake will hurt this tournament too. In fact, it will likely hurt this tournament more than Webster's, because the IL one has a $300+ bonus pot. And if this tournament is rescheduled, then a lot of us posting about this issue will likely attend both tournaments.

So please stop being rude to each other, this isn't supposed to be a competition between both tournaments. If this tournament is rescheduled, then we'll be meeting and playing with each other on both weekends.
I couldn't have said this ANY better.

And something needs to be done about this. And an agreement NEEDS TO BE HAD. For the sake of BOTH tournaments. And the community (which is the most important).

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
@devildigimon
1)they have been planning this for months but didn't want to post it until they had other venues confirmed
2) for a midwest tourny that is supposed to be soo big... why does your thread in the toruny listings only have 7 post >.>

and it cold just be me... but don't you think its a lil immature to come onto their thread and continuously bash them about this... i mean at least there being mature about it and not blatantly bashing you/your tourny

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
@devildigimon
1)they have been planning this for months but didn't want to post it until they had other venues confirmed
2) for a midwest tourny that is supposed to be soo big... why does your thread in the toruny listings only have 7 post >.>

and it cold just be me... but don't you think its a lil immature to come onto their thread and continuously bash them about this... i mean at least there being mature about it and not blatantly bashing you/your tourny
let me respond to you two points (if that's what u wanna call them lol)

1.) alright I can respect that. but still considering other tournament dates could have been handled better. I spoke with the man in charge via telephone. i now know the truth, and he and I BOTH KNOW...I have every right to say this.

But...

Let's ALL DROP THIS PART OF THE DISCUSSION. What Happened. happened...now I and everyone else should just move on.

2.) Are u serious? My thread originally started in the Midwest Regional section on this site. And as u can see, it got the attention from a lot of midwest players. So please don't go there.

And the rest of your post I will ignore. Because it seems to me you aren't "READING" this thread correctly.

ANYWAYS...

GUYS LET'S ALL DROP THIS DISCUSSION. BECAUSE IN A MATTER OF POTENTIAL HOURS/DAYS WE/I AM GOING TO HAVE A HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT!!! THAT WILL EFFECT BOTH TOURNAMENTS. :psycho:

;) Stay tuned!!!

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
I could have sworn I posted that thread in October instead of November. Maybe I am getting the one in the regional thread mixed up with the one in the tounrament listings section...

Anyhow, Alex we need to talk. I missed yha last night.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I will be going to this

this will be a great start to the community and I think we need more official companies like this to help us out.

I will be assisting them with official livestream/commentary that no one else has had before...not only that i will be making it my mission to bring ny/nj/pa to this.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
I am def. coming to this!!!!!!!!!!!!! this tourny is gonna be amazing! ^_^

i'll also be accepting ALL MMs with my snake...who wants some?!!?!?! ;-)

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
This situation has been dealt with.

AND NO ONE PLEASE POST ANYTHING ABOUT HOW THESE GUYS OVERLAPPED IN POSTING/SCHEDULING TOURNAMENTS. I'm sure they GET IT NOW. But whatever...

I'm moving on.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
please change the date of this guys, both tourneys are going to be greatly hurt by doing this. There is another very similar tourney to this with guaranteed big posts and a bunch of games already that is only 3 hour drive from this one. If you just make it 1-2 weeks later it would be 10000 X better. Please guys :(

hunger!

Smash Champion
please change the date of this guys, both tourneys are going to be greatly hurt by doing this. There is another very similar tourney to this with guaranteed big posts and a bunch of games already that is only 3 hour drive from this one. If you just make it 1-2 weeks later it would be 10000 X better. Please guys :(
i agree with this statement.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
This is so ******** that its on the same day as the huge WI tourney. Us smashers(brawl and melee) have been wanting an MLG style company to start an official circuit and bring back the golden days!

And yet the kick off event for this circuit is on the SAME DAY as another HUGE(massive OOS bonus is what matters) tournament only a few hours away!

The really sad part i want to see this circuit do well, and so does everyone else! But having 2 big tournaments on the same day, in the same region, well you guys just shot yourself in the nuts.

I saw the posts explaining the reasons why neither tournament can be changed, and I guess nothing can be done now. DK's tournament was posted first, and the ball was in your court to pick a good date. This sucks cuz this is such a dumb way to divide the community.

Calebyte

Smash Lord
^ Yeah, it is too bad that these tourney's conflict, but nothing can be done about it. It's probably best for everyone to stop lamenting the situation and just try to make the most of whichever tournament they choose. :-)

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
DEVILDIGIMON's tournament was posted first, and the ball was in your court to pick a good date. This sucks cuz this is such a dumb way to divide the community.
fixed...

10charactersoffixedpost;)

^ Yeah, it is too bad that these tourney's conflict, but nothing can be done about it. It's probably best for everyone to stop lamenting the situation and just try to make the most of whichever tournament they choose. :-)
This...

Yeah guys **** happens. But I talked with the folks running the tournament. We got **** sorted out.

So you guys, the community, decide to go to which ever tournament (Mine or This ONE) benefits you (the individual) the most.

No hard feelings either way. :bee:

Next time we'll ALL plan better.

Top Bottom