• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGBootCamp Indianapolis 2/20-21/2010, IN

Coney

Smash Master
the MU really isn't bad, it's just 6:4

it's because most DDDs don't approach

i have the angriest, most approachiest, most vindictive DDD on earth

if you try to run, i WILL catch you

have you ever seen no country for old men?

my DDD is that guy

also i just have to say this again...

I BEAT LOGIC WITH A NAIR

PEEF!

Smash Hero
PEEF - Thanks for playing me in melee. xD I learned a lot after all that we played. If I get back into melee now, I have you to thank haha.
Wow, sorry I forgot you in shoutouts, I just based mine off the melee results.

You were fun to hang out with and talk smash with. You gave my fox some good puff practice and I'm glad you are getting back into the best game in the world. I look forward to seeing you in a car of MI players at future Melee tourneys. SMYM11?

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I wonder if they recorded M2k vs. Flame on FD and PS1. His Ganondorf was pro. 0-Death on M2k's MK, and a sexy tech from under PS1. How could anyone miss it?!

Good job Krys. Just practice some more and you'll be top 3, next time. IN needs more rep.

Cook

Smash Master
Lol, why does it say I used Ice Climbers? Lolimar, guys.

Also, much respect to Coney for ****** Olimars and Falcos all day, winning bad matchups like it ain't no thang. You're definitely right, though, I've always thought Olimar:DDD was no worse than 60:40.

BMX

Smash Lord
Also, Coney is an amazing doubles partner and an amazing singles player.

You will break those cuffs, Zak.

HAT

Smash Ace
dude L_cancel i forgot to tell you after our match

the reason 3rd game worked out for me is cus you don't pull pikmin back out often enough.

i killed the ones you were throwing at me, then approached when you had like 2. made it hard for you to keep throwing out attacks, y'know?

my only shoutouts-

L_cancel was cool as ****

infern, you were annoying during our bracket match. i guess i could understand if i was doing the same thing to your crewmate, but i wasn't. i dont talk **** like that, i was just having fun in pools. pools is fun. next time we play you might take a stock -- for 20 bucks. vengeance will be mine.

everybody else- good stuff. everybody from the midwest is cool, with only a couple exceptions. md/va is gonna teach you guys how to talk **** next time though, just for fun. cus its fun.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master

infern, you were annoying during our bracket match. i guess i could understand if i was doing the same thing to your crewmate, but i wasn't. i dont talk **** like that, i was just having fun in pools. pools is fun. next time we play you might take a stock -- for 20 bucks. vengeance will be mine.

lol wut? I was trash talking?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
uhh...I'm gonna have to say the only fun matches i had was doubles match and my pools matches with M2K and Hat (and tyr to an extent)

the rest of the matches were annoying as **** and maybe thats y i cant really seem to care about how i do because people make this game so boring with **** tactics like Spamming and planking....not gonna say any names of course

/anger /rant

shoutouts:
God Kais (or moreso Y.b.M, Smash 64, and infern) - nice seeing you guys again and only specifically shouted you guys out because i talk to yall the most out of any of the god kais....keep up the good work and smash 64 stop ****** me in matches...lol

L_cancel- My Son, quit trolling me so hard all the time...lol im proud of u tho son for getting so high place and having the patience to play this game as effectively as you do...Oh and you suck at melee....getting killed by a ground hammer by kirby in melee???...lmao

Reset - Love you babe

Coney - N-air *****? N-air???....lmao....good ****...u really steppin it up

Hilt and Day: nice seeing you guys again...and thanks for the cupcake day

Hat- im glad we have the same understanding of this game and having fun but you gotta teach me how to have fun and win at the same time regardless of how gay the other person is playing...lol

Tmacc- finally got 2 play u offline...lol...good ****

Legan- IN THE LIPS!!!!!

everyone else...uhh yea cool stuff....sorry if i missed anyone...see yall at virdian (if yall are coming of course)

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
dude L_cancel i forgot to tell you after our match

the reason 3rd game worked out for me is cus you don't pull pikmin back out often enough.

i killed the ones you were throwing at me, then approached when you had like 2. made it hard for you to keep throwing out attacks, y'know?
I see! Thanks for the advice Hat. I guess I need to pay more attention to my pikmin supply. @__@

I will work on this!!

Lemondude829

Smash Journeyman
shoutouts dudes -

peef - get on mah level son. just kiddin, youre improving a ton. just dont go too crazy with that tech chasy grabby ****, pull some sick **** out of your hat as well.

salt - nice playin and meetin ya, sir. i think we are right on par skillwise and it was a blast to play. just dont forget to say grace before dinner and after every stock.

TOGP - also nice meetin and playin ya. puff is such a scary ******* to play against, if you woulda hit those rests i punished there coulda been a waaaay different ending to that.

hat - close set. if only you didnt play sheik...

viperturd - L2P nub

crash - nice seein ya again dude, woulda liked to have gotten some more brawl matches in, perhaps i'll need to repent in the holy house again soon.

Trail - where the **** were you?

insane crazy guy - at least get some good secondary characters...

meki - good job for your first tournament, makin it to brackets is a good start

TGB - **** you for taking that match off of me and ruining my perfect pool!

**** you, **** you, youre cool, im out!

judge!

Smash Ace
idk how u managed to win this one also ally with like 5 minutes of sleep lol.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
good **** to my crewmate coney..
straight monster d3..
now you need to head out to viridian with us man

Noraa

Smash Lord
Boss good job clown
gotta hit me up later to tell what you did to lil boys shield lol =]

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Boss's sig = Mango's rest on Armada, Brawl version. Mad cool.

My respect for Brawl increased like...from a 1 to a 4 because of multiple hours of talk with L_Cancel. Cool guy.

Radium88

Smash Lord
Shout outs:

1. Ally (Snake) - Good job! I finally got to play you even though it was pools and you hella sandbagged but that's ok!
2. M2K (MetaKnight) - Didn't get to talk to you but cool to finally see you irl.
3. Boss (Luigi/Mario) - Holy ****. Too good.
4. Y.B.M. (Kirby/ZZS) - GOOOOOOD ****! I guess I should take your advices ;p But stop yelling me about it...you're scary when you do...friendlies next time please
5. Coney (D3) - Good job in pools. I know I did ****ty first set, but I stepped it up a bit 2nd set but bleh...I was nervous...
5. Infern_Angelis (Snake) - Good ****! Those matches with Chu and you were fun to watch. Thanks for the friendlies!! :p
7. Logic (Olimar) - Didn't really get to talk to you but awesome hair ;p
9. Chudat (Kirby) - Sorry for the awkward introduction...Deez kind of made it that way but I am a big fan and wished I had the nerve to ask for friendlies. Maybe next time. You should go to the Showdown!
13. Cook (Lolimar) - Good **** Cook.
13. Nope (Snake) - Nice talking to you again. Might go to April's monthly. But nevertheless see you definitely at THE SHOWDOWN! Smash, bar, and pool. What more do you need right?
13. capem (MetaKnight) - Nice talking to you! Um, flip cup at Nope's?
17. MetalMusicMan (Falco) - Fun pool matches. It really meant a lot when you said that I was improving. Thanks ^_^
17. Hilt (Olimar) - *sigh* Hateolimar. haha fun pools, dubs, and friendlies.
17. Aposl (Pokemon Trainer) - Wish I had done better during the dubs. I was nervous....Also, it's cool that you guys are doing tournies and yeah, IN didn't have a good turnout but hope that didn't discourage you guys from doing another one in the MW. I suggest StL or OH or IL if you guys decide to do one in the MW again.....please do....
17. God-is-my-Rock(GIMR): (Ice Climbers) Like what I said before up above.
17. Nicole (Peach) - Eh, yeah I know you probably would have done better if you weren't eager to get back home. Oh well. You'll show them.
17. Deez (Diddy Kong) - It was nice talking to you throughout the tourney and the advice about how to play Kirby better (Heh most of them I know I need to improve. It takes me a while to)
17. Legan (Link) - Step it up roomie.

MOar shoutouts:

Tmacc: Awesome job as my dubs partner!! For this being our first tourney playing together, we did pretty well. Maybe next time I won't be a nub.

Today: Cupcakes were delicious and the hat is kawaii and you are teh awesome.

Smash64: You're parents were too awesome for letting us stay there and be loud and whatnot....also thanks for the friendlies.

Tyr: You were awesome hanging out the night before. Totally unexpected? Haha but also, thanks for the friendlies. Until next time!

Mister Eric: Thanks for the ROB friendlies....beep? Hahaha and thanks for liking the cookies. Lawl.

Mayling: You're Pit is really good. Thanks for teh friendlies.

Shy Guy and Flames: Awesome dubs matches and the no team attack first set was =_= but good resets!

Ed: Keep working on that Diddy. Use moar bananas! But good pool matches.

Um, I don't think I forgot anybody? If I did sorry!

fonzi21

Smash Ace
1. Ally (Snake) - Gratz man, those were fun friendlies!! I love fighting you it's a serious mind game fight, and I love thinking. Plus Lucario's Uair is broken and your tech was nasty. Loved the friendlies.
2. M2K (MetaKnight) - Gratz again thanks for the friendlies they are fun as always.
3. Boss (Luigi/Mario) - Great Luigi close sets in doubles maybe next time we will get ya.
4. Y.B.M. (Kirby/ZZS) - I feel like your Goku and I am Vegeta, I am always just barely a step behind and I will one day beat you and prove myself.
5. Coney (D3) - Nice D3
5. Infern_Angelis (Snake) - Bah I wanted to play you in tournament.
7. Logic (Olimar) - Awesome Olimar, I love your playstyle and those pools matches were intense! I would love friendlies to learn more of the olimar match up next time we meet.
7. Hat (Snake/MK/D3) - Gratz
9. Spectrum (Wario) - Gratz
9. Judo (Sheik) - Good **** dude really played well this tournament. But change up your playstyle more often. I caught on after game 1 in pools and you were very easy to read. Mix it up a bit. teach me the matchup verse shiek btw!!
9. L_Cancel (Olimar) - Great stuff, you really took it to me this time. heh I would love to play you more often, and I knew I should have stayed Lucario second game, but I really struggle with Olimar and I wanted to try MK to see if I could beat you with my MK style instead of Lucario or Wolf.
9. Chudat (Kirby) - Gratz
13. Cook (Ice Climbers) - Gratz
13. capem (MetaKnight) - Bleh we need to step it up a bit!!
17. MetalMusicMan (Falco) - Gratz
17. Hilt (Olimar) - Gratz
17. Aposl (Pokemon Trainer) - Gratz
17. God-is-my-Rock(GIMR): (Ice Climbers) - Gratz
17. Nicole (Peach) - Awesome matches, I learned a lot from playing you and I now know what to do against Peach. It is very very difficult but I learned a few tricks that will help me in the long run and I hope I was able to teach you a bit of the match up. Thanks for the friendlies!
17. BMX (Wario) - Don't get down on yourself, your a good player just bounce back.
17. Deez (Diddy Kong) - Should have stuck with Diddy. It was obvious you didn't play D3 and was hoping to win on pure match up ratio.
17. Legan (Link) - I wanted to play you so bad. MM next time for sure!!

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
^^^The words right out of hova's mouth on the olimar matchup

APPROACH, its just like diddy as well
I always get 3-stocked by Diddys and Olimars....with Kirby anyway. I approach, I get *****, but I refuse to camp.

SOMEONE UPLOAD A VIDEO OF THEIR HANDS DOING THE PIVOT GRAB! I DON'T KNOW HOW AND WHEN PEOPLE EXPLAIN IT I JUST DON'T GET IT T_T

I think I need to pivot grab but I don't know how XD

The Cunning Weasel

Smash Master
I always get 3-stocked by Diddys and Olimars....with Kirby anyway. I approach, I get *****, but I refuse to camp.

SOMEONE UPLOAD A VIDEO OF THEIR HANDS DOING THE PIVOT GRAB! I DON'T KNOW HOW AND WHEN PEOPLE EXPLAIN IT I JUST DON'T GET IT T_T

I think I need to pivot grab but I don't know how XD
set your "X" to grab. or "Y" if you prefer. Flick the control stick the opposite way of the direction you're facing and immediately press grab.

LOL

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I use Y to jump, I can't jump with X, I've tried once, its impossible for me to play fluently without using Y to jump. I simply can't use custom controls, I'm too used to the default, I WOULD turn tap jump off cause I play Kirby and sometimes I accidently jump when I don't want to but.....I heard if tap jump is off you can't up-b out of shield.....so yeah.

And as I've said, people have explained it to me thousands of times, I just don't get it. I need a video.

Top Bottom