• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Very In Depth Analysis of The Hero's mechanics and frame data + speculation

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Just watched the first one. It was amazing!
Seems like his normals are looking pretty good! Not spectacular, but enough to make him a competent sword fighter.

I would have loved hearing your opinion at the end.

I find it weird that after Back air, Hero would remain in a crouched stance. You mean to tell me that’s still landing lag? Definitely can’t land with this one then.

I’ll save the second video for tomorrow or some other day. The first one got me hyped and refilled my patience. I have to spread these out or the wait becomes unbearable. :(

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
Seems like his normals are looking pretty good! Not spectacular, but enough to make him a competent sword fighter.

I find it weird that after Back air, Hero would remain in a crouched stance. You mean to tell me that’s still landing lag? Definitely can’t land with this one then.
I don't think so looking at the various landing lags in the game. Possible it has frames where you can act even though the animation isn't over, like incineroar's little taunts after a move?

Also didn't piranha plant have high landing lags at first when we first seen the trailer? Idk what his lag is though.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

I’ll save the second video for tomorrow or some other day. The first one got me hyped and refilled my patience. I have to spread these out or the wait becomes unbearable. :(
I will do a video on my opinions, but I decided to wait until a bit more info is released.

The lag seen in the video doesn't really mean you can't act much earlier than that. An example is Ike's N-Air, it has about 20 something frames of landing animation, but you can cut the landing animation after frame like 11 or so, so the actual landing lag is 11, not 20+. Until the char releases we can't know what the landing lag is actually like, but from the landing animation we can know it won't be more than X amount of landing lag basically.

Top Bottom