• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vertical Cutter Reverse Ledgegrab

JRad

Smash Apprentice
If you didn't already know you can grab the ledge backwards with a vertical cutter (as in you are facing away from the ledge). Has anyone found any good uses of this? I feel like it might have some unique ledge guarding ability but I haven't played around with it much.

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
The downward swing of Final Cutter is a spike. Can you connect with that and still sweetspot?
Dair is overall a safer option than that because in the off chance they grab the ledge, you aren't throwing a stock away.

In theory, I think it would work. I'll see if I can try it tomorrow.

Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would think the timing is really strict. Because to grab the ledge from behind you can't really fall that far, so you don't get that downward cutter spike action.

Edit: ok I didn't realize you can grab the ledge backwards from any height with reverse cutter. crazy!

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Wait, have people not figured this out yet? Ive used it in many matches... yes you can do it straight from the ledge, spike, and then regrab the ledge again. I do it all the time, and I do it in my tech skill video... even though its not used on anyone, the way i do it is still there.

TGAP37

Smash Rookie
You can drop from the ledge, reverse it so the swipe is away from the ledge and then hold back toward the ledge to regrab and the timing is really lenient

Top Bottom