• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South Versus Huntsville Monthly Tournaments

Versus Huntsville Monthly Tournaments
Posted by moogle
Charger Union
Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 10:00 AM
Until: Saturday, June 18, 2016 - 11:59 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

moogle

Smash Ace

Check here for the latest event:
https://www.facebook.com/vshsv/events

Helpful Links

Venue Fee (Choose ONE):
• $5 - Registration at the Venue
• $4 - Preregistration Online
• FREE - Preregistration Online + Bringing a full setup (with TV)
• FREE - Spectating (not participating in any tournament)​

Entry Fees (Paid either online or at the venue):
$5 per game
(Project M, Melee, Smash for Wii U, and more!)​

Schedule:
Look in the event details on Facebook.​

Summer Location:
UAH Material Science Building
Huntsville, Alabama 35805​

Payouts:
0-7 players: 1st- 100%
8-63 players: 1st- 60%, 2nd- 30%, 3rd- 10%
64+ players: 1st- 50%, 2nd- 25%, 3rd- 15%, 4th- 10%​

Rules:

Food:
On location: World of Wings and Dunkin Donuts.
Fast food within driving distance: Yelp

Housing:
If you are in need of housing, contact Nick Hanson on Facebook or PM me (moogle) on smashboards.​

For more information:
Please either reply here or send a PM to moogle. We hope to see you there!​

Results from previous events:

Keet

Smash Journeyman
This is awesome. Loving the new Smash 4 ruleset.

Shout outs to Nick, Moogle, and all the others involved in HASL for putting together such a great monthly tournament scene in Bama.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Should be off for this month and able to go. Hopefully it doesn't get too cramped with more games.

Also, just for clarification on parking, the parking garage doesn't require a permit right? And are there night/weekend exemptions for permits? I know some places do that, just require them for certain hours like weekdays 6-6.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Should be off for this month and able to go. Hopefully it doesn't get too cramped with more games.

Also, just for clarification on parking, the parking garage doesn't require a permit right? And are there night/weekend exemptions for permits? I know some places do that, just require them for certain hours like weekdays 6-6.
We've never had a problem with visitors parking anywhere on campus on the weekends. I don't have a sticker and I park in the parking garage/lots all the time.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
We've never had a problem with visitors parking anywhere on campus on the weekends. I don't have a sticker and I park in the parking garage/lots all the time.
I parked in the lot across the street the last couple times I was out there but that was before I realized you were supposed to have a permit. Didn't have an issue, but after learning about the permits I just wanted to see what was okay.

Shenanigan

Smash Apprentice
If it's anything like UA in Tuscaloosa (and I'm guessing it is), parking passes aren't required on the weekends

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Feel pretty good about how I played in Melee. Got some good tips too.

Next couple months still going to be the third Saturday? Want to make sure the holidays won't move the date so I can put in for those days off.

Also really liked having it outside the game room, a whole lot more space that way.

moogle

Smash Ace
Feel pretty good about how I played in Melee. Got some good tips too.

Next couple months still going to be the third Saturday? Want to make sure the holidays won't move the date so I can put in for those days off.

Also really liked having it outside the game room, a whole lot more space that way.
Hey! vsHSV 1.01 will be on the 3rd Saturday next month: November 21.

I imagine the December event will be on the 3rd Saturday as well. December 19 isn't too too close to Christmas.

Tr4n

Smash Cadet
For any one who is lost or confused. The hasl event is not at 301 Sparkman dr nw. It's near that adress, but not in that specific building. The event is in the materials science building. Look for the small billboards while driving or stop and find a help map and locate msb.

Last edited:

moogle

Smash Ace

moogle

Smash Ace
What time does sign up for the first event end?
Noonish on Saturday.

You can register in person at any time up until the posted time for the tournament (e.g. noon for Project M singles, 3pm for Melee singles, etc). There may be a little leeway for latecomers to register, especially if you can notify HASL staff that you'll be late. But once a tournament bracket has actually started, then it's too late to enter that tournament.

We also have a pre-registration form, if you want to be sure that you don't miss registration. :) http://vshsv102.eventgrid.com/

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
Reaaaally wish I could come to this one after missing vsHSV 1.02 but hey at least this time it's because we're gonna be on vacation instead of other reasons =P

moogle

Smash Ace
Really need to update the address. Missed this one because of it.
So.. at the top of the thread, by the map, it says Charger Union, 4705 Holmes Ave NW, Huntsville, AL 35899, USA

Then in the first post of the thread, it says Charger Union, 4705 Holmes Ave NW, Huntsville, AL 35805

Despite the zip codes being different (it should be 35899), both of those addresses should lead you to the right place. I'll correct them both to 35899 in a little bit.

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding you. Or... did you have trouble finding the tournament once inside that building? I think someone on the HASL staff made a picture guide on how to find the tournament. I'll try to find that guide.

Last edited:

Resdan

Smash Rookie
NNID
Resdan83
So.. at the top of the thread, by the map, it says Charger Union, 4705 Holmes Ave NW, Huntsville, AL 35899, USA

Then in the first post of the thread, it says Charger Union, 4705 Holmes Ave NW, Huntsville, AL 35805

Despite the zip codes being different (it should be 35899), both of those addresses should lead you to the right place. I'll correct them both to 35899 in a little bit.

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding you. Or... did you have trouble finding the tournament once inside that building? I think someone on the HASL staff made a picture guide on how to find the tournament. I'll try to find that guide.
My problem was finding the correct building. Both of the addresses, when entered into my GPS, just kind of end in the middle of a road on campus. If you could find that picture guide I would really appreciate.

And just to be 100% clear, I tried using the default Maps app on iphone, and google maps, which both lead to the wrong place. Could be a problem with those programs.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Google maps points to the correct building, but it might tell you that you arrived when there aren't any entrances around.

You really want to be looking for the parking garage so you will have a place to park. Charger Union is the building directly northwest of the parking garage. The last time I was able to go they just used the entire second floor to have more space, but before that they used the game room which is directly across from the stairs on the second floor.

Top Bottom