• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Version 8.0.0 buffs

MA_DA_Oh

Smash Cadet
I mentioned it in the general thread but it seems like the buffs were his best ones since in a very long time, correct me if I'm wrong, anyway I pasting the ones I saw, if someone sees I missed one, please correct me:

Up Smash AttackExtended launch distance.

Grab Attack: Increased the speed for grabs, dash grabs, and turning and grabbing.

Forward Throw: Extended launch distance.

Side Special: Increased the speed of grabs.
Extended launch distance for when the Lariat hits.

Down Special: Reduced vulnerability.
Increased the power up amount when the move succeeds.

Source is the official nintendo site: en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49877

AinsOoalGown

Smash Apprentice
Looks like his buffs focused in his grappling playstyle. Makes sense I guess the idea is to stabilish the more unique characters by improving in things that are already meant to be their strenghts

Dε√ilj∦o

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know how much stronger Lariat Side-B is?
Hecking strong. Can't tell you how much exactly cause I can't really check the specifics myself but I definitely saw a big boost in knock back, it can solidly kill heavyweights like Falcon at around 130% in the middle of FD now.

Also the amount of hitlag Revenge boosted hits do now is ridiculous. I've hit people with revenge up and got almost a full second of hitlag sometimes.

MA_DA_Oh

Smash Cadet
I can feel he's gotten more comfortable to use, I cleaned up the arms spirit board just by training up Alolan Whip

MA_DA_Oh

Smash Cadet
Now that grabbing is faster, I hope it also gets a longer reach in the next patch to help make up against projectile users

MA_DA_Oh

Smash Cadet
I wish most characters would get a longer grab reach. There are few non-tetherers who don't need it. I'm tired of t-rex arms
I wholeheartedly agree, specially since its the funniest way to ko an opponent every time.

Top Bottom