• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ver 3.1.0 Buffs

QuantumEntanglement

Smash Rookie
Sakurai loves us, everyone!

In addition to the cancel windows being increased on Jab 1, Jab 2 and Close Standing L.FTilt, we now have a brand new TSRK confirm with Close Standing H.Jab.

Instead of being the exact same as H.UTilt, the new H.Jab has very little knockback, meaning it can true combo into TSRK at almost any percent. And it does 14.4.% when fresh. And is invincible from the waist up.

This means Focus 2 -> Close H.Jab is now a 26% kill confirm.

The weak knockback is useful for combos too. I've even been able to use it for early percent BNBs, DThrow -> H.Jab -> Tatsu seems to be true, at least on the heavies, and does about 36%.

Party time!

Swordmaster102

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordmaster102
Nerfs probably will be coming, especially for the Heavy u-tilt. The new tool is amazing for Ryu, but I feel that Ken just takes it to a whole new level. Ken can grab a kill off of d-air at 42%’ish because of this. I want the shotos (particularly Ryu since he’s my main) to be solid in the meta, though not overpowered, and I think people will just start complaining about the super early kill confirm.

From a d-air Ryu can grab a kill around 10% later because of the new tech. Though, the thing is that the timing seems to be much more strict. On the other hand, since Ken’s shoryu is a multi-hit, his is more reliable.

I hope that there’ll be a way to work around this and keep the heavy u-tilt tech still in, but I fear that nerfs may be dished out and Ryu will mainly suffer from it.

Last edited:

bew

Smash Rookie
Nerfs probably will be coming, especially for the Heavy u-tilt. The new tool is amazing for Ryu, but I feel that Ken just takes it to a whole new level. Ken can grab a kill off of d-air at 42%’ish because of this. I want the shotos (particularly Ryu since he’s my main) to be solid in the meta, though not overpowered, and I think people will just start complaining about the super early kill confirm.

From a d-air Ryu can grab a kill around 10% later because of the new tech. Though, the thing is that the timing seems to be much more strict. On the other hand, since Ken’s shoryu is a multi-hit, his is more reliable.

I hope that there’ll be a way to work around this and keep the heavy u-tilt tech still in, but I fear that nerfs may be dished out and Ryu will mainly suffer from it.
I doubt they will nerf it that hard. ryu was kind of obsolete in competitive play and this isnt really something that will effect casual play. if the do it would probably be something along the lines of taking the damage from 14 to like 9

Top Bottom