• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Venom Snake sneaks into battle!

hAKLE

Smash Cadet
NNID
mariomush115
BEFORE YOU ALL GO HAYWIRE ON ME, yes I do know Snake was already suggested. This is Venom Snake.

Hello everybody! I would like to suggest a new character to add to the roster, Venom Snake! I am very excited to share my thoughts with you. But first, a little lore.

Venom Snake is a clone of a legendary soldier nicknamed Big Boss. Venom Snake is the leader of a group called Diamond Dogs, a mercenary group hoping to get revenge on XOF, a secret operations group that is led by Skull Face, the man who tore down Big Boss's group called Militaires Sans Frontières. He lost his arm in a helicopter crash, and went into a coma for 9 years, then waking up to form Diamond Dogs.

Here, I will just discuss attacks and movement. Since I don't think there will be a lot of people who played Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain or Ground Zeroes, I will add links to the moves that will go to the MGS wiki. Before we get into the moveset, let me answer a few of your questions.

How did you think of Venom Snake?
Well I was in the bathroom and thought, hey! Wouldn't it be cool if Venom Snake was in Smash? So after I unloaded, I went to the forums to get to work. The moves just materialized into my head as I started thinking and typing.

Why Venom Snake? Theres like, 4 more Snakes to choose from!
Because I picked up MGSV: TPP a few months ago and I really like it. I also pick Venom Snake because he's the most unique. I think whats the coolest about him is that you can make a dog stun an enemy with an electric knife.

How would he play?
In Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Venom Snake is a swift and strong character, using his Bionic Arm, his weapons, or even his trusty cardboard box. I was kind of aiming for a Link without a sword when I was typing this. I think he would play as a mid-weight character with lots of options to choose from.

Now I think I covered the most asked questions (or more, i'm just lazy.) so without further ado, lets get started.

*side note: spoilers hate me, so please ignore the 2 Aerials and Special Attacks.*
Neutral Special: CQC http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/CQC
Venom Snake can hit an opponent 5 times in a row, by pressing the B button 5 times. You can also press it 1, 2, 3, or 4 times as well. The first hit does 1% damage, making it a good jablock attack, the second one does 2%, the third one does 3%, the fourth one does 4%, and as you can guess, the fifth one does 5%. If you land 4 hits, the opponent will be knocked back. The fifth one however will put him in a stun, which kind of acts like Mewtwo's confusion.

Side Special: Bionic Arm http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Venom_Snake's_bionic_arm
In MGSV: TPP, there are 4 types of bionic arm. The Side Special will be the Rocket Arm.
The Rocket Arm acts like a projectile and can be guided by the player using the left analog stick. While the arm is being launched, Venom Snake will stay stationary until the arm is destroyed(don't worry, he still gets his arm back.). The Rocket Arm does 12% and has good knockback at the start, but it will decrease 1% of its original knockback every time the opponent gains 1% of damage(sorry, I don't know the knockback values) You can accelerate the arm by pressing ZR and decelerate the arm by pressing ZL. The arm can also pass through opponents and it them again if your that skilled. It's range is 1.5x more then Ness's PK Thunder.
Down Special: Reflex Mode http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Reflex_Mode
This attack will sort of act like Bayonneta's Witch Time, or a counter. To make more sense of this attack, let me explain a little detail to you. In the game, theres this factor called R&R. Every time you get "stressed" in the game, your R&R weakens, affecting the length of your Reflex Mode. When you use Reflex Mode and someone attacks, they slow down their movement, like Witch Time, but Venom Snake doesn't. Reflex Mode at 0% lasts for 4 seconds. At 25%, its 3 seconds. At 50%, its 2 seconds. at 75%, its 1 second, and it will stay like that until Venom Snake dies. Now heres the plot twist. If the opponent hits Venom Snake while in Reflex Mode, it will last for an extra 2 seconds.

Up Special: Rocket Arm http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Venom_Snake's_bionic_arm
I had trouble with this one because Venom Snake doesn't really do anything aerial in the game besides going in a helicopter to get to place to place. So I came up with an alternative. Once pressing Up-B, you can control the speed you travelling at (vertically) with ZL to accelerate and ZR to decelerate. He accelerate from 1 to 2 in speed value. If an opponent gets hit with the Rocket Arm from 1 to 1.5, then it will inflict 5% with poor knockback. If the opponent gets hit with the Rocket Arm from 1.6 to 2, then it will inflict 10% with good knockback(knockback depends on the percent of course)
Forward Tilt: Kick
V.S swings his leg at the opponent. Thats it. Kick does 6%.

Down Tilt: Sweep
V.S gets into laying position and sweeps the area with his arm. Sweep does 5%.

Up Tilt: Uppercut
V.S swings his arm into the air, launching his opponent also into the air. It's like a more powerful Mario up-tilt. does 3%.

Dash Attack: V.S dashes into the air, then rolls out. The dash into the air and the roll are two separate attacks. The dash does 8%, while the roll does 5%.
Neutral Air: Summersault
V.S does a summersault in the air. And he's like 47 years old. Does 9%
Forward Air: Blast Arm
V.S charges his Bionic Arm to unleash a miniature explosion, sending the opponent flying. The attack has good knockback, but it requires 0.4 seconds to charge before attacking. It does 12%.

Up Air: Discharge
V.S unleashes a surge of electricity from his Bionic Arm. Does 15%, but had poor knockback.

Down Air: Downward Rocket Arm
V.S launches his Bionic Arm downward, drilling the opponent off the screen. The attack is like the drill item, but its just the drill and it doesn't go on forever. The drill does 12%, but It also explodes at the end, doing another 6%(doesn't spike}. The range is a tad bit longer then Mega Man's down air.

Back Air: Back Blast Arm
Once again, V.S charges his Bionic Arm to unleash a miniture explosion, but this time, it spikes. Requires 0.4 seconds to charge. It does 12%.
Grab: Hand of Jehuty http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Venom_Snake's_bionic_arm
The Hand of Jehuty is a tether grab, with a tad more range then ZSS's Plasma Whip. It's also used as a tether ledge grab as well, but you can not pull yourself in manually, for the Hand of Jehuty will pull you towards its "Wisps". You can also angle the Hand of Jehuty by 25°.

Aerial Grab Attack: Wisp Attack
The Hand of Jehuty will launch its "wisps" at the opponent, dealing 9%. You can also angle it 25° again.

Get-Up Attack (Ground): Downward Blast
V.S will unleash a miniture explosion downward, creating a little wave of destruction, also sending V.S a little in the air. It does 10%.

Get-Up Attack (Ledge): Sweeping Kick
V.S gets up and sweeps the area, but this time with his leg. Deals 12%.

Forward Throw: Exploding Rocket Arm
V.S attaches his Bionic Arm to the opponent, sending the opponent to where the Bionic Arm goes. The Exploding Rocket Arm is controllable, but you can only pivot it up to 30°. When the throw ends or you hit the ground or a wall, it explodes and does 8%.

Back Throw: Back Kick
V.S kicks you from the back, as powerful as a donkey. (Their pretty powerful.) Has good knockback and does 8%.

Down Throw: Palm Surge
V.S firmly puts his palm on the back of the opponent, sending large amounts of electricity into the body. Once again, has a lightning effect. Does 14%

Up Throw: Upward Blast Arm
V.S attaches the Bionic Arm to the opponent to send him literally flying, then exploding, spiking him to the ground. (Spiking depends on the percentage.) Does 8%.
Neutral B 2: Charging Stun Arm
V.S charges his Bionic Arm to unleash a surge of electricity, stunning the opponents who get caught in the discharge. The radius of the discharge is about 3x larger then Jigglypuff's Sing. They will be stunned for 3 seconds if they get caught in the discharge. You can charge the attack to make the attack grow by holding B. At no charge, it's nothing. at 33%(1 second) charge, you unleash a discharge as big as Jigglypuff's Sing. They will only be stunned for a second. At 66%(2 seconds) charge, you unleash a discharge 2x as biggger then the 33% charge, and stuns for 2 seconds. At 100%(3 seconds) charge, you unleash a discharge 3x bigger then the original discharge, and stuns for 3 seconds.

Neutral B 3: Mist Parasite Containter(Only works online) http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Parasite_Unit Once V.S uses the Mist Parasite Container, fog covers the screen, and the opponent can't see anything, but V.S can. Lasts for 5 seconds and needs a 20 second cooldown before use again. So how this would work is that on the player playing V.S's screen, it would show and outline of the stage, V.S, and the enemy, but on the enemy's screen, Theres just mist, no outlines, no nothing. This is why it wouldn't work in co-op on one screen, because if V.S used the Mist Parasite Container, it would show the outlines for him, and the opponent, so it wouldn't work.

Side B 2: Bionic Blast Arm
It's basically Bionic Arm, except It has shorter range, but more damage. The player can control when the arm is going to detonate by pressing B again. The arm itself does 12%, but the explosion does 8%.

Side B 3: Sniper Rifle http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/File:BRENNAN_LRS-46_Rank_4.jpg
V.S pulls out a BRENNAN LRS 46, a strong, penetrating sniper rifle that does some hefty damage. It's range is up to 3x the length Sheiks fully charged Needle Storm. It can be pivoted 90°(up, and down.), but can only be pivoted down if you are near a ledge. You can hold B to pivot it, then release B to shoot it. Does 25%, and after shooting has a 2 second cooldown.

Down B 2: Armour Parasite Container
Once V.S activates the Armour Parasite Container, all damage and attacks inflicting V.S will be cut down a third and knockback will be decreased by half. However, it slows V.S down by 25%. To break the Armour, the enemy needs to inflict 25% overall(with damage cut down by a third) to break the armour. Needs a 30 second cooldown before using it again.

Down B 3: R&R Boosted Reflex Mode
It's basically just Relfex Mode, but extended by 1.5 overall. So at 0% it lasts for 6 seconds, at 25%, it lasts for 4.5 seconds, at 50%, it lasts for 3 seconds, and at 75%, it lasts for 1.5 seconds, and stays like that until V.S dies. However, the damage that V.S inflicts on the enemy will be cut by a third.

Up B 2: Charged Rocket Arm
V.S charges the Rocket Arm for 1.5 seconds to go 1.5x higher and faster then the original arm. However, you can't slow or speed up the arm, or move it, But if you hit someone with it, it will do 22%, with really good knockback.

Up B 3: Skull Jump http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Parasite_Unit
V.S uses the Parasite Suit to simulate a Skull Jump, a way to dematerialize and materialize from place to place. The jump can go as high as 1550 px, and can be angled up to 45°, and cannot be hit while dematerializing. (Like Sheik's Up-B, except you can see where V.S is going

Jab: V.S unleashes a mini CQC attack, doing 8% overall.

Crouch: V.S gets into laying position, and can crawl on the ground.

High Jump: 1125 px

Short Hop: 695 px

Walking Value: 1.26

Running Value: 1.87

Weight Value: 101

Height: 4.9 "bricks" see here for more details: https://smashboards.com/threads/character-height-a-rough-start.402759/

And thats about it. Please tell me if I missed anything, and thanks for taking your time to read this! As it took me 5 hours to type this. No joke

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Could you talk about the character a bit as well, please? Like who they are exactly.

Just a brief description besides the name and game they're from. :)

hAKLE

Smash Cadet
NNID
mariomush115
Could you talk about the character a bit as well, please? Like who they are exactly.

Just a brief description besides the name and game they're from. :)
got it

edit: done

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So... question.

Why specifically Venom Snake?

hAKLE

Smash Cadet
NNID
mariomush115
So... question.

Why specifically Venom Snake?
Because Venom Snake was way more unique then Snake, Big Boss, etc. He had a bionic arm that could launch itself and explode. He could knock someone unconscious in a matter of 3 seconds. In my opinion, Venom Snake, is the best snake. And I just thought he would be more fun to create.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Because Venom Snake was way more unique then Snake, Big Boss, etc. He had a bionic arm that could launch itself and explode. He could knock someone unconscious in a matter of 3 seconds. In my opinion, Venom Snake, is the best snake. And I just thought he would be more fun to create.
Spoiler for people that don't know that...
Venom Snake and Big Boss aren't the same person.

Last edited:

hAKLE

Smash Cadet
NNID
mariomush115
If someone could maybe do palate swaps, that would be nice. Rewards are a "thank you" from me, and your palate swaps in the thread, along with your name. And a pat on a back for being neat.

Last edited:

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
So is Venom Snake separate from Solid Snake? It's just I barely play Metal Gear. I've played the remake of Snake Eater (kinda bad), Phantom Pain, and Ground Zeroes.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I don’t see them making another playable Snake, especially given that the Snake in Smash seems to be an amalgam of Solid and Naked. V certainly would play differently with DD and the Rocket Punch, but that goes against him because they certainly won’t make a unique moveset for a character so similar. A skin would be kickass though.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
So is Venom Snake separate from Solid Snake? It's just I barely play Metal Gear. I've played the remake of Snake Eater (kinda bad), Phantom Pain, and Ground Zeroes.
Yes they are two separate people, solid snake being a clone of big boss

Although for me personally id be happy with a peace walker snake skin for solid snake
Snake_suits_.jpg

Its big boss at his finest, headband intact. And it wouldnt change the character models proportions so it wouldnt be too difficult to implement as a costume.
I made a big boss thread a while back before smash wiiu with some of this detailed.

oh and mgsv spoilers
Id rather have naked snake/big boss than venom snake, i want the real deal, not the phantom

Top Bottom