• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Venerated Tournament Series

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Hi all, prog here from the other side of the boards. There is a project going around that some of you may have heard of, and well...I'm looking for some help.

Every tournament is amazing and all, but when you think of series, importance, etc., what are the ones that come to mind first?

Give me lists, from EC, WC, MW, the South, Canada, Japan, Mexico, Europe, South America, etc.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
When I think of Brawl series of tournaments, as an old school brawl player, I automatically think of:

HOBO/WHOBO series in Texas
Genesis 1 & 2 in Northern CA
Apex in NJ

obviously theres alot of other states that have had great singular, loosely associated brawl tournaments not in one particular series (Florida, Pennslyvania) , but when it comes to series those are the ones that come to my mind

PaNiC!

Smash Apprentice
As for tournaments...

Don't forget to remind them that brawl capped at every MLG hosted tournament in the past :)

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Apex and SKTAR are by far the top of my list. Then the Phoenix Saga series in the MW

Djent

Smash Champion
As far as notable tournaments, (W)HOBO, (S)KTAR, and Apex for sure, plus Genesis too I guess (though it's been awhile). The Phoenix Saga series is probably the best currently-running tourney series to represent the Midwest. I'd also mention the E4U series but that's defunct now...so yeah.

Top Bottom