Esports Manager, Tournament Director
- Aug 7, 2014
- Las Vegas, NV
#VegasCup Smash 4 s1.01
Friday, Jan 8, 2016 6:00PM — Jan 8, 2016 11:59PM
Anime Revolution in the Miracle Mile Shops inside Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino. Las Vegas, NV in association with Gouki.com & Gouki.tv . Hosted by Panda Global Bassem “Bear” Dahdouh.
7PM first match called.
4 Stations will be live.
(You’re more than welcome to bring your own compatible Smash for Wii U controller)
Guaranteed Prize $310 ($160 + $150 Anime Revolution Cash Pot Bonus)
1st Place Prize $180
2nd Place Prize $80
3rd Place Prize $40
4th Place Prize $10
1 Raffle ticket per entry for an Anime Revolution prize(s).
32 entry cap.
Live cosplay during tournament.
Online Registration Ends: Friday, Jan 8, 2016 6:00PM
$10 Total Entry (online & in store):
($5 entry fee & $5 buy-in.)
Online at http://tournaments.gouki.com/
In store registration can be done at any Anime Revolution store during normal business hours.
All matches are Best of 3 except the following are Best of 5:
Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals
#VegasCup Smash 4 Ruleset
Game: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
A. Game Settings
● Stock and time are set to 2 stocks and 6 minutes for Singles.
● Items are set to off.
● Damage ratio 1.0
● Custom Fighters & Custom Moves are set to off.
● All DLC characters allowed.
● Mii Fighters are legal. Each setup will have 1111 Mii Brawlers/Swordsmen/Gunners available for use (Using Default A-F standard size Miis provided on console). No other specials for Mii Fighters will be allowed. Players are not allowed to transfer existing Miis to a setup.
B. Stage List
● Battlefield (Miiverse) **
● Dreamland 64
● Final Destination ***
● Town & City
● Duck Hunt
● Lylat Cruise
● Omega Stages*
* Treated as Final Destination in banning phase. If Final Destination is banned, Omega Stages are banned and vice versa.
** If Battlefield is banned, Miiverse in turn is banned as well. Both stages treated as one and the same.
*** Omega Midgar, Omega Battlefield, & Omega Palutena’s Temple can substitute to avoid background stage transition of Final Destination.
C. Additional Rules
● Stage Striking: Players engage in a battle of Rock Paper Scissor best of 1. Winner strikes the first stage. Loser then strikes the next two stages. Winner strikes the last one effectively choosing the first stage they play on. (1-2-1)
● Stage Clause: A player/team may not pick any stage they previously won on during the set.
● Stage Bans: During the stage ban phase, the player who won the previous game may ban 1 stage from either the Starter or Counter-pick lists.
● SD Clause: On the onset of a SD KO move initiated, the winner is decided by the results screen.
● Team Colors: Players’ character colors must match their team's color when possible, to avoid confusion (ex: Luigi on the green team must use the green color, Mario on the red team must use the red color, Sonic on the blue team must use the blue color).
● Gentleman’s Clause: In the case where both players agree to play on a banned stage , then it is legal to play on for that set.
● After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban (1)
2. Loser chooses counter-pick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character