• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vegas Smash

Vkrm

Smash Lord
What's good? Are there any active players In the Vegas area? I'm really into street fighter but after watching melee in apex2012 I kind of want to take a crack at competitive smash. I heard that that the melee crowd is friendly and I've always liked smash brothers so here I am. I hope I'm posting in the right place.

:phone:

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Vegas has some pretty good, chill players. I'm not sure how often they check PacWest, but one of them will probably stop by soon enough.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Cool. Hey can you explain something to me? I kind of just stumbled on to the competitive melee scene and I'm a bit curious of why there were seperate tournaments for brawl/melee/64. Why dont smashers play the most current version?

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
There's a lot to say about that. The gist of it is that the games are different enough so that people who like one game don't necessarily like another. In a lot of regions, when Brawl came out, a lot of Melee players did in fact make the transition to Brawl for a while, but many of them eventually went back to Melee since they ultimately didn't like Brawl for a number of reasons that I won't go into in this post. The 64 scene is a different story entirely that I'm probably not the best person to ask about.

I can elaborate on anything if you want more details.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
That's interesting. So there is no collective smash community. From what I've seen I think I want to focus on just melee. It seems to be the
most complete one of the three. I spent like a solid hour playing brawl like last week and it just feels icky, like I'm stuck in the mud or something.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Yeah, while people often talk about a smash community, there's really a few different scenes that loosely interact with each other.

Anyways, since I'm not sure how often Vegas players check this particular board, I'll PM you a list of a few guys I know in the area whom you can contact.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Thanks. I really appreciate this. See now why can't sf or marvel have such friendly people in the community.

Zee725

Smash Apprentice
http://vegassmash.com/
You can check this site for just about everything smash related in the Las Vegas area. Also there is a 702 brawl/melee group on facebook where there are frequent posts. Vegas isn't that active on smashboards but there is definitely a strong scene in both games. Hope to see you at one of our monthly tournaments! =D

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
hey vegas. tomacawk here, looking for a dope doubles teammate that's going to salt fest in salt lake city next weekend
i'm a really good teams player, most notable achievement in teams was taking 2nd at a midwest regional, losing only to kels and tink

i want to win teams or at least take top 3 and i do'nt know the vegas scene at all so idk who's even here
just thought i'd post

Top Bottom