• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Got any vids from that tournament, VA? Would like to see how your Peach has progressed while these standard ******* have staled over time

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
im better than doh at peach and gifs.

Are you referencing a match from two years ago where fuzzy had to laser camp me on stadium for 7.5 minutes to win? I wouldn't brag about taking sets off of a player you play all the time in comparison to not only an ancient set, but with someone who you play regularly. That'd be like me being oh "macd lost to chillin who I have taken sets from" when I've had plenty more opportunities and I know how he operates.

Outside of teams, I have played maybe 2 europeans in tournament in the past few years. Sample size is too small to be relevant.

VA

Smash Hero
also DoH is way better at GIFs than VA is.
not even close

wat would u know.

@doh (can't figure out how to multiquote :/)

'sample size isn't big enough' = i lost to all of them so i'm not counting it.

i'm just sayin, don't come around here talking **** when u aren't able to back it up w/results.

MacD

Banned via Administration
lolololololol. oh man, VA gave me respect

i like the part where VA doesn't manually multiquote

i also like how confident he was using matches from years ago.

VA

Smash Hero
lolololololol. oh man, VA gave me respect

i like the part where VA doesn't manually multiquote

i also like how confident he was using matches from years ago.

gurl u kno me. what else do i have, did doh even make it far enough at apex to play people from europe? i wouldn't know because i'm p sure he didn't make bracket like at apex 2010, where i did :)

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
To all the Peaches, a small question but can have a large answer, please answer as thoroughly as you can. When it comes to positioning as Peach, what aspects of being in the center and being in the corner are different? Does Peach really struggle in the corner?

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Peach as a character doesn't mind being in the corner too much (against CF it's even somewhat helpful because he doesn't get as much stage to combo you around lol). But most other characters are at least somewhat concerned, so you still want to pressure them against the edge and capitalize on their attempts to regain control of the center stage.
I might write some more, but for now I need to take care of the results of trying to get some controllers back in shape:
started out harmless enough like that: http://home.stusta.mhn.de/~006182/stuff/Ctrl1.jpg
But the final result is this: http://home.stusta.mhn.de/~006182/stuff/Ctrl2.jpg

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I think Peach has good options for reversal in the corner, but I wouldn't say she's comfortable/doesn't mind being there. She no longer has room to wavedash back, or pull turnips, or set up her float (I mean sure she can offstage float if she feels pressed, but I don't think that's quite that effective).

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
I think offstage float is fine. I don't feel comfortable at the edge though against fox cause he can nair shine me off. Against everyone else the ledge only makes me slightly uncomfortable. But losing the wavedash back really hurts cause it means when you miss you have a lot less options. But it's definitely true that peach/jiggs lose the least from not having stage control. Though jiggs has it significantly better in my opinion cause peach can't space a retreating aerial while going offstage without being forced to use her DJ and float to get back. float high and back straight from the ground is a better choice, but you still don't have nearly as many options as jiggs. That said, if you compare peach to any other char, you are under almost no pressure near the ledge compared to the rest. So don't panic or feel like you have to approach. You have time, dare them to come in, if they miss you might even pull them off with nair dsmash or the like

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I don't know that offstage float is fine, just because it can put you in a position where you have to double jump to return to the stage, and her double jump is, quite honestly, terrible. But I agree that offstage float is better than what most of the cast has, I guess. I guess it depends on the matchup, and how well your opponent can interact with it. I would offstage float against ICs/Ganon, for example, but not Marth/Falco/Fox.

Things like Falco spacing bairs, or Sheik spacing fair, things that she would normally handle through a mix of float back, or shield, or WD back become a lot more potent just because you can keep her in that corner where she can't use those to deal with your pressure, and you can knock her offstage, forcing her to DJ. Admittedly it is a long process, since her recovery is much better than most in terms of longevity (and she also possesses the "if I approach her at the ledge incorrectly, I might die" factor like Sheik to some degree), but I, personally, feel pressured.

Another thing is that, if they don't feel pressured to do anything to me, and just keep me pinned there, I effectively have no options for interacting with them. For example, if Marth can keep me at the ledge for an entire stock, that stock is fairly worthless to me. I think she loses out on a lot more by being at the edge than you think (though, I suppose in comparison to the rest of the cast, it's marginally better?)

All that being said, the main aim for her should be to control the center, because she gets enough space to, well, be Peach.

Not sure if this makes sense.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Peach likes to be in the middle in a very general sense. You want to control the box, since you are a horizontally slow-moving character.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Effing Peach players...The stench of filth and lust is all over this thread. It smells like disgusting down-smashes and frickin' Tijuana.

MacD

Banned via Administration
watch out there mafia, you're sounding a bit homo/like doh

unless you realized you're gay then, then welcome to the rainbow side (so much better than the dark or light side)

Top Bottom