• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
oh, are you the new dude in the osu melee group?

yeah, playing vs hanky is mad gay. only one who is close to as gay is fizzle. abu plays puff, so that amount of gay is nothing special
Lets refrain from using gay as a derogatory term. At least not on these boards.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Knight just asked one question I was going to ask, so that made life easier. :p

Day 5 of Hardcore Execution Training Complete.

Sparred with my friend today, a half-decent Fox user. Ended up winning 4-0 using all of the tactics I've been racking up in my vault. Now, to practice wavelanding...My best friend. /sarcasm

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Peach wavelands are incredibly unimpressive. Although I've been playing Falco a lot lately, and that guy is stupidly fun with shine > waveland combos on platforms, so I'm super biased probably :D

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
It depends on who you're tech chasing and at what % they're at. If its a fast faller at low % best believe im going for a waveland downsmash, but if its Doc at mid % or shiek at mid-low % i'll go for a nair or upair respectively.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
especially if it's a fastfaller who techs the side of the platform and you waveland into them and push them off only for them to be sucked into the down smash...

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
charge that ***** down

catch it when it's thrown

nair/bair through it

run away like the ***** you really are

shield like the ***** you are and roll
so A, C, D seem really good if they are close enough but the whole problem i had with turnips was mostly them throwing them where nair/bairing through it would just put me in lag and then get me punished..weaving out the nair/bair just lets them pull another turnip . I will try catching them some though. I just need more exp; i'm probably going to try to start playing the matchup 2 hrs a week at least. Thanks for the tips everyone..and dash attack sounds good too if i can reach that range. The whole issue is closing if they manage to pull a turnip from long range. I think I will just try to stay on them more.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Day 6 of Hardcore Execution Training Complete.

Is it worth wavedashing OoS? Whenever I face a Marth, he uses his F-Smash and when I try to WD OoS, he hits me anyway.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
That just means you're doing it too slow.

If he spaces you can wavedash -> OoS dash attack. If he spaces badly you can wavedash OoS -> grab. If he spaces really badly you can shield grab/nair OoS.

Now if hes tipping your shield I suggest wavedashing backwards OoS and resetting your positioning.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
oh, are you the new dude in the osu melee group?

yeah, playing vs hanky is mad gay. only one who is close to as gay is fizzle. abu plays puff, so that amount of gay is nothing special

Yup that's me lol

Anyone know how many frames it takes for peach to go from initial jump squat to airborne? I didn't see that in the frame data unless I am mistaken.
:phone:

Composeur

Smash Ace
If you need an extra few frames of speed, her djc>dsmash onto a platform is even quicker than wavelanding, but doesn't provide as many horizontal positioning options.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
This is a very broad/bad question:
Can peach shield pressure as tightly as space animals can? And by that I am referring to Kirbykaze's frame perfect shield pressure data.

Is there a write up on peach shield pressure?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Yup that's me lol

Anyone know how many frames it takes for peach to go from initial jump squat to airborne? I didn't see that in the frame data unless I am mistaken.
She's airborne frame 6. So she has 5 frames of jumpsquat.

There is no writeup on Peach shield pressure.

VA

Smash Hero
eurgh i got owned by fuzzy's marth at the weekend. it was rly depressing. he'd clearly tried to rip as much as he possibly could from PP's marth vs armada. he was ok at it but nothing on PP.

i didn't rly know how to assert myself in the MU. he stood in the middle most of the time and i didn't know how to close space or get away enough to pull turnips. i'm not sure how ur supposed to 'threat' marth as peach at that space. what does she have aside from DA? you can't rly float freely when he's in the centre and ur in range for a lot of his approach ****. i don't get it :(

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Well you can't beat him in the air, so I stay on the ground unless I'm comboing him. You just have to get inside of marth and then **** him. Getting in involves turnips and dash attacks...it's hard to explain, it's more of an experience thing and it depends on the marth

VA

Smash Hero
Well you can't beat him in the air, so I stay on the ground unless I'm comboing him. You just have to get inside of marth and then **** him. Getting in involves turnips and dash attacks...it's hard to explain, it's more of an experience thing and it depends on the marth
he would often full jump over the turnips and stall in the air using second jump/side B and stuff mixing up the timing if i tried to get under him, it was tricksy. my usual mode of beating marth is using turnips to make him shield landing FC fair to get a grab then exerting pressure by moving him toward the edge.

i got 1 turnip to hit his shield followed by FC Fair so it was a rly rough set in terms of approaching.

i guess experience could be it though...

MacD

Banned via Administration
without videos it just sounds like he figured you out and you weren't able to figure him out quick enough. it happens to all of us, especially if someone catches us off guard with a new character.

did you only get the one tourney set with him? if you can play friendlies with him and just try stuff out. see what you can do with your OoS game, doing weird things with turnips, etc etc. marth is kinda just a battle of wits and exp.

also vids? personal accounts are almost always a bit biased when looking back on the match.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
How do I dash attack OoS? I tried it several times, but there's always these lag frames after leaving the shield and plus I'm helpless for some time, unless I try a different OoS option.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
You have to wavedash OoS then dash attack.

I almost misspelled wavedash as weavedash which now that I think about it is ****ing awesome.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I'm lost vs Fox. Going to read through the OP/watch some videos, but does anyone have any good thoughts about this matchup? I wish I could post a video, but nothing important of mine gets recorded. I know that I flail too much without really aiming for him (or where I think he wants to go). An important point of the matchup seems to be knowing how Fox wants to maneuver around us (since he can't approach us directly), and intercepting that. But I'm kind of bad at knowing where he wants to go in specific situations (as he usually has more than one option available to him), and I'm bad at responding appropriately to that (like catching him running around on platforms, I often just get baired), or knowing when he's going to nair in, FJ drill in, or just laser me some more. I'm just swinging a bunch and getting caught for them. But I just don't know how to catch him.

I've been also attempting to adopt the mentality of trying not to get hit, as opposed to hitting him, but then he just shoots more and I don't like that.

Dunno what to think of the matchup number itself, but...yeah, any advice would be greatly appreciated (I prefer "fluff," but one liners are much appreciated as well). I like FD, BF, and YS (I know I should like FoD vs him but I really don't like that stage....plus I don't think YS is that bad). DL just lets him camp me more, so I generally shy away from that.

VA

Smash Hero
without videos it just sounds like he figured you out and you weren't able to figure him out quick enough. it happens to all of us, especially if someone catches us off guard with a new character.

did you only get the one tourney set with him? if you can play friendlies with him and just try stuff out. see what you can do with your OoS game, doing weird things with turnips, etc etc. marth is kinda just a battle of wits and exp.

also vids? personal accounts are almost always a bit biased when looking back on the match.
unfortunately i don't have vids. i think it would be v helpful if i did. i got two sets with him, both of which i lost 3-0. winner's semi's and loser's final.

he watched me play his friend in the same match up before LFs.

last week i watched the armada pp set again and i made some notes on the first two games. i learnt a lot about how you can bait marth into moving from the middle because essentially that's where i was struggling to understand the match up. he can stand at a certain distance and threat you all day and all i could think that i had was DA to threat him at that distance. can't pull turnips because he'll get in and punish you, can't float between platforms he'll swipe you out of the air. anyway, i think i noticed a couple of things armada uses to make marth move out of the middle without committing to an unsafe action.

i've got two tournaments next month, hopefully i'll get some vids from them.

Cia

das kwl
I went to a tournament this weekend and this Marth was pissing me off with his endless zoning and retreating Fair camp. So I picked a point on the map, put up a tent, and stayed the night. I'm pretty sure he took almost 300% that game from turnips alone. This was on battlefield btw. If you stand under one of the platforms (closer to the ledge) and hold a turnip, Marth CANNOT approach from any angle w.o eating a turnip on the way. You have to be smart about how you throw it though. If you just throw it because you see him coming, he'll just nair through it or something. But even if he does you can punish the landing lag. I'll try to get a video demonstration up at some point.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Day 8 of Hardcore Execution Training Complete.

Trained on Level 9 CPU's this past week...Worst idea ever? The only thing I took up from it was some comboing and how to camp a little better, and I suppose how to edgeguard some bad recovery options.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
If you want combo practice do it on lvl1 to 4s imho. They don't hold in all the time, and they really don't fight back, so you don't get the idea that you'd learn **** about the neutral position from playing CPUs.

Top Bottom