• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Would that combo really work? It just sounds to sexy

As for dtilt: that move puts years of hit stun on people, like i have hit people with it gone made a sandwich ate the sandwich came back then comboed

:phone:

john!

Smash Hero
Would that combo really work? It just sounds to sexy

As for dtilt: that move puts years of hit stun on people, like i have hit people with it gone made a sandwich ate the sandwich came back then comboed

one time i dtilted a sheik at 0%, then during the hitstun, i searched youtube for some armada vs. amsah vids to see what i should do next. turns out that dtilt combos into fc uair at low percents on sheik, so i tried it and it worked great. thanks armada!

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
one time i dtilted a sheik at 0%, then during the hitstun, i searched youtube for some armada vs. amsah vids to see what i should do next. turns out that dtilt combos into fc uair at low percents on sheik, so i tried it and it worked great. thanks armada!
That reminds me of a time when a dtilted a ganon at low %'s, but u r smarter then me b/c what i did was i went online and bought a ticket to Sweden flew down there to ask armada what to do, after he told me i flew back and comboed (i could of just looked online what a waste of money)

john!

Smash Hero
That reminds me of a time when a dtilted a ganon at low %'s, but u r smarter then me b/c what i did was i went online and bought a ticket to Sweden flew down there to ask armada what to do, after he told me i flew back and comboed (i could of just looked online what a waste of money)
lol you think i'm gonna believe that? a flight to sweden takes like 10 hours, there's no way you had that much time. i'm calling bull****

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
30 is more than enough to get a CG going. You can technically start CG'ing them in the 20s (Falco is 15, Fox is 21), it's just really tight, and really difficult if they full DI away at that percent (but I don't think they will).

You can also play with things like uthrow > dash attack > regrab or uthrow > utilt > regrab, then start the CG (you'll have to test those, I don't know if they work, but they make sense in my head). And downsmashing them at 30 is not a bad option at all, so if you don't want to bother with that, double downsmash should set them up for a good dash attack tech chase. The worst case scenario seems to be if they tech in place > shine after getting hit by the second downsmash, but you shouldn't be in range for shine to hit.

Someone correct me if this sounds off, btw.

You *might* (if they suck/don't know her percents for combos and such that well) be able to get an uthrow > downsmash. That ends for Falco at 31, and for Fox at 26, so it's dependent on them not realizing it, but there's another option, I guess.

The most guaranteed thing, however, would probably just be to CG. Just get stricter with your timings.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
lol you think i'm gonna believe that? a flight to sweden takes like 10 hours, there's no way you had that much time. i'm calling bull****
U cought me, in truth armada came in for apex so i drove to nj found him asked him what to do then drove back to ny and comboed

@shrouded: 30 was an arbitrary number, i just wanted to signify a low % where up air combos would not yet work. (That being said my cg's have been really off lately and i do need to fix that). I never said i didnt like to dsmash again but i feel like there has got to be some crazy combo i could start in this situation. I want to touch of death combo

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
The CG at the low percents (say, the late 20s and early 30s) is not significantly harder than dash attack or down smash (I honestly find the down smash harder on away DIs because of the minuscule amount of movement you need to do that you can't see but that's neither here nor there) and it leads to the best punishment in a very broad, general sense. This is because the CG is essentially free damage until they take one of a few very obvious escape routes from it. There's a lot of levels of DI manipulation available when you combine that principle with the inevitability of the CG's end (and you can create really interesting combos [or gimp attempts] by cutting it short at like 45% because of common DI habits and such - you can sometimes do something better than what you would have gotten from the complete, predictable CG > platform thing this way but that's neither here nor there).

These sorts of options are not possible when you down smash or dash attack because you give your opponent a ton of control over their character back when you do that instead of the... totally inescapable grab combo (except by landing on platform). Despite having fewer DI trajectories, the dash attack's KB opens it up for more opportunities to edge cancel and such, which is a more important option to deny than extra DI directions. As for down smash... down smash is fickle in general.

That is not to say that dash attack and down smash are useless. They are very viable plays and will sometimes be better because of one reason or another. But in a general sense, just do the freaking CG.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I'm am ashamed to have suggested uthrow > utilt. After some brief testing, that doesn't start comboing until 45. But yeah, the CG is the best option by a long shot. There really isn't any reason to do anything else.

TheLake

Smash Master
Ooh la la, love peach player sets

great job at zenith doh

Fmash OP

Silly Kyle I loooove how you camp, I think its beautiful

congrats on beating a sheik of any kind

especially campy ones

mhhmm gets me rock hard to see sheiks lose (kks shiek is fine though and same with vanz)

just thought id give my unwarranted opinion

toooodddles peach players :D

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
What is the best way to DI Ganon's downthrow? If at different percents, I should be doing different DIs, then those would help too. I feel like there's never a DI I can input which will save me from everything, so I'm curious as to other Peaches' rules of thumb when it comes to this.

Yeah, I know, Ganon shouldn't be grabbing me, but just in case he does.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I try to di right above him so his only option is up air, but at high %'s i di behind and try to get away (not sure if that works the ganon i play against is not very good, but he can wall tech like a pro)

Wake

Smash Master
Yeah I'm not sure you can actually avoid a follow up as long as he doesn't mess up. I'd say mix your DIs up then. Getting hit by the uair is better than getting hit by his other crap though.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Dont ever DI forward at low %, thats a free upsmash and thats 50% if both hits connect.

Ganon's throws are like shiek, you cant escape a follow up so switch it up at low percents and (no DI and DIing behind him) and at high percents DI the way that is least likely to get you killed.

Now that I think about, dont ever DI in front of Ganon as he can upsmash at low % and fair at high %

baka4moé

Smash Champion
i think DIing forward is esp bad at low percents, alans right usmash sucks lol

idk for me at mid percent upward i always DI down and away with both sticks. from my few smashfests with bizzarro flame he seems to have difficultly hitting me afterward. like, a bair or something may be guaranteed, but i didnt get hit that often actually (it might be hard for ganon, or maybe he was just messing up)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
DIing behind Ganon on his d-throw is the best in a general sense. He has some goofy illegitimate follows on DIing up (double hit nair --> stuff, uair --> stuff) and some genuine threats (up smash, fair). Behind he can only really f-tilt or bair (or stuff that's kind of sketchy like jab & dash attack) and neither of those have any real combo potential so long as you hold away from him at low percents.

That said, a really useful thing to learn vs Ganon is how to manipulate the d-throw's trajectory to produce an edgecancel off nearby platforms whenever possible. The move sends at a whole bunch of angles and has a pretty strong initial send so it's not as hard as it sounds in a lot of positions. This completely robs Ganon of a legitimate follow and is really good vs a whole bunch of other characters with strong throws that allow for a wide range of angles & trajectories too.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Anyone have any drills or ideas for drills to improve ones game?

Edit: so i was working on my shield drop trying to figure out what to do out of it, and it seems like float fairs or upairs r a good call, also i find it tougher atm but falling up air also works. The major problem with fc after a shield drop is it seems to keep eating up my 2nd jump. Not sure what to do about it atm

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Why dont i dash attack to up air more, i mean sure on fd a grab leads to the cg but on other stages i am just being dumb

bump

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Armada says that if you wait a bit before floating, after shield dropping, you won't lose your 2nd jump. The issue with that is that then, you lose the advantage you gained by shield dropping, by waiting. Hmmm.

In other news, other people standing still ***** me (when I'm Peach). :(

Also Fox SUCKS. I wish it could even be half true that Peach had a winning MU vs him (LOL).

darkatma

Smash Hero
I really don't understand how some people even think that MU is even or close to it, Fox that is. Oh well.
I'm beginning to think it's pretty even, or at the very least, entirely skill based on who wins
I think the biggest factor that plays into that for me is that there's no direct way for fox to kill peach while she is in her shield.

Wake

Smash Master
Atma!!! I thought you quit Peach! I want to play against you in a ditto sometime. You should've been at SMYM13.

I think Fox can just grab her and be ok, but yeah Peach's shield is really good. (Or the options she has out of them)

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
the people who think peach v fox is close to even r clearly delusional fools.

the peach v marth mu isnt that bad, its about finding the right mix of turnip spam, baiting, and dash attack under marth's jump/fair.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Atma!!! I thought you quit Peach! I want to play against you in a ditto sometime.

I think Fox can just grab her and be ok.
on the contrary, I'm quitting sheik mostly, except for advantageous matchups (marth and samus)

edit: nagace, I don't think you've played a good marth then lol.. it's much harder to get into their spacing than it seems

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Or niko does he count, or my whole pool at zenith counting pc chris (sure i didnt beat niko or pc chris but it didnt feel like they were unbeatable, also one guy in my pool used dk but the rest used marth

Top Bottom