• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VA SMASHERS

Nroc

Smash Rookie
Hello I play under the handel Nroc and I'm looking for some more players and events a little closer to home. I'm stationed at Ft Lee,va which is about 40minutes from Richmond, theres gotta be a scean there right? Or are all of Virginia's smashers player currenlty living on the northern edge of Virginia and Maryland?

Tohfoo

Smash Cadet
Hey guys. I'll be moving to Richmond, VA starting in September, and would love to get to know Smashers in the area. No idea what the scene is like there.

I play Project M mainly, but I'm down with whatever Smash people wanna play.

Laserbeamed

Smash Cadet
We need a VA meetup. Especially when the 3DS one comes out... we can just battle in public somewhere and be real pro..

Laserbeamed

Smash Cadet
Well I am serious about this heh. We should probably meet between DC and southern Virginia somewhere for a big gathering. Until then I am keen on a smaller gathering near Chester if anyone is interested. I have a small venue in mind (hotel next to a hooters). I've been there before I just need to visit and scope out the conference room again.

Stock Block

Smash Rookie
New to smash, what's this I hear about a northern VA community? Would love to find some players to meet up with.

Flapstick

Smash Cadet
I'm fairly limited to how far I can travel, sadly. Don't have a license yet, and I doubt parents will take me anywhere farther than an hour.

PyroTakun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ta-kun
I live in the Woodbridge area, but work in Vienna so traveling to Vienna/ Fairfax/ Springfield really isn't much of a problem.

Really looking for a competitive P:M group.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Why is everyone so into PM, especially now when Smash 4 is just around the corner? Seems like there are smashers everywhere, but nobody wants to play the same build.

PyroTakun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ta-kun
PM is the most fun for me at the moment. You have the Melee-ish feel, but with all the Brawl cast and some major tweaks on character's movesets and it's the only "Smash Bros" that's getting updates at the moment.

That and Smash 4 is still a few months away.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I don't see why having a melee-ish feel matters, since by all accounts, Smash 4 is shaping up to be much closer to Brawl, but everyone can play how they want. I just think it's a shame that there are so many people close to each other who want to play smash, but won't due to only being willing to play a certain version.

PyroTakun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ta-kun
Well I never said I wouldn't play other versions, I just said I was looking for a competitive P:M group.

Laserbeamed

Smash Cadet
I am not interested in using facebook. But I am in Southernish Virginia so I am of no consequence anyway

CE55N4

Smash Rookie
Hey all, there's actually a decently big MD/VA smash scene, but we don't use Smashboards so much anymore. Facebook is what's mostly used for coordination.

Ah I deactivated my FB. I tried to look at the FB page but can't (because I don't currently have a FB account.) do you guys do like a weekly p:m thing that I could just show up to randomly?

-FUZZ-

Smash Rookie
Anyone in the Richmond area? Im already working on ways to get to Gainesville anyway but I kinda want to find out if there is anything a bit closer. I like all Smashes so hit me up please.

Tohfoo

Smash Cadet
Anyone in the Richmond area? Im already working on ways to get to Gainesville anyway but I kinda want to find out if there is anything a bit closer. I like all Smashes so hit me up please.
Hey Fuzz, I'm gonna be in Richmond starting September and am looking to maybe host Smash parties at my place. I'll let you know.

PyroTakun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ta-kun
Any word on that weekly Gainesville smash location?
If you still need the info on Gainesville, it takes place at
Comics & gaming
7556 Gardner Park Dr, Gainseville VA 20155

I've been told it opens at 7PM and the tourney starts at 8PM, but don't quote me on that.

Top Bottom