• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

Should the extra music stay in the build, or become a separate, optional component ("DLC")?

• Yes, I like the songs, but it would free up space for other things.

Votes: 228 60.5%
  • Yes, I don't like the songs / amount of songs you included.

Votes: 22 5.8%
  • No, I like the songs you added the way they are.

Votes: 107 28.4%
  • No, just remove some of them, and don't make it DLC.

Votes: 20 5.3%

• Total voters

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
BTW are you copying all of the fighter's files? [FighterFit + FighterMotion] You don't need these files, only copy over .pac+.pcs files over the vanilla PM 3.6 Fighter's folders.
It's not exclusive to Halberd, actually. Also on Final Destination and other stages I've tried with Kirby. Somehow on PM 3.6, 3.02 VANILLA versions it also freezes. So I think it's not my build, it's a problem with Project M. If you don't mind, could you try leaving 4 CPU Kirby's on unlimited time matches and seeing if it freezes after about 15 minutes or so? I've done several tests and it always seems to freeze there.

Also, I only replaced 2 sets of .pac/.pcs files and kept the FighterFit and FighterMotion files untouched from Vanilla PM 3.6.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
In other news, I'm proud to announce my first "exclusive" stage: Saltspray Rig!

It's based upon ledgerewskie's Big Shell import from Brawl Vault.

Really excited about this!!

Crystalruby

Smash Apprentice
Smashing Some Nubs (With a Pinch of Salt)
NNID
Crystalruby8
It's not exclusive to Halberd, actually. Also on Final Destination and other stages I've tried with Kirby. Somehow on PM 3.6, 3.02 VANILLA versions it also freezes. So I think it's not my build, it's a problem with Project M. If you don't mind, could you try leaving 4 CPU Kirby's on unlimited time matches and seeing if it freezes after about 15 minutes or so? I've done several tests and it always seems to freeze there.

Also, I only replaced 2 sets of .pac/.pcs files and kept the FighterFit and FighterMotion files untouched from Vanilla PM 3.6.
I'll try this when I get home tomorrow. I'm going to bed in a couple of minutes, so expect a reply in the late afternoon.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Maybe you have to update your Kirby skin(s). Not all skins are compatible with 3.6, Such as Mega Swampert over DK
Update them? But I tried using the vanilla Project M ones in 3.6 and I got the glitch to happen also.... so now I think it's a PM bug.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
How 'bout them stages, they the same as well?

Yes, I tested it out on Vanilla PM 3.6, AND Vanilla 3.02 just to compare. A Kirby in a march longer than 12ish minutes freezes the game. Don't know why. Were you able to get it to happen?

Crystalruby

Smash Apprentice
Smashing Some Nubs (With a Pinch of Salt)
NNID
Crystalruby8
Yes, I tested it out on Vanilla PM 3.6, AND Vanilla 3.02 just to compare. A Kirby in a march longer than 12ish minutes freezes the game. Don't know why. Were you able to get it to happen?
I'm wasn't able to download the mediafire or dropbox link, when I transferred the files from winrar, the files were corrupted for some reason :/

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
I'm wasn't able to download the mediafire or dropbox link, when I transferred the files from winrar, the files were corrupted for some reason :/
No I mean were you able to reproduce the issue just on normal Project M.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
:glare:Yeah I kept getting the same errors as well. I even tried modifying the RSBE1.gct files, there are no reasons as to why this is happening
You tried downloading PM from projectmgame.com and got those errors?

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
The latest version (Smash Bros. Legacy M 3.6 Build 1.0) is released!

Here's the trailer:

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Man this looks cool and all but my 2 GB SD card apparently only has 1.81 GB and this is 1.82 GB :/

I'm going to see if I can shorten any of the songs you put in to save some space.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Man this looks cool and all but my 2 GB SD card apparently only has 1.81 GB and this is 1.82 GB :/

I'm going to see if I can shorten any of the songs you put in to save some space.
Good idea. If you reformat it to FAT32, then use the _COMPLETE SONG LIST.txt for reference, you can probably delete some of the song files to save space!

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Right yeah, it's fun when the empty card doesn't have as much space as promised. But one concern is that I don't know which songs are for example for the added stage slots, so I don't want to delete something huge and have it crash because of it. Unfortunately your list doesn't specify any new songs but I assume that's in progress in this thread. So I just replaced the big ones (looking at freaking Pikmin jeez) and the double loop songs with a 2 KB song until I go through them with Audacity at some point.

Nice job making sure everything loops properly. Some things I noticed though - is there are reason why some songs like Space Armada and Space Battleground switched when you could save space just using the way they are in Brawl? I think songs like MGS4 Theme of Love and WarioWare are like that too.

Also The Wish Seed doesn't loop, which I guess is okay knowing what the song is like but it may sound weird when fighting.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Right yeah, it's fun when the empty card doesn't have as much space as promised. But one concern is that I don't know which songs are for example for the added stage slots, so I don't want to delete something huge and have it crash because of it. Unfortunately your list doesn't specify any new songs but I assume that's in progress in this thread. So I just replaced the big ones (looking at freaking Pikmin jeez) and the double loop songs with a 2 KB song until I go through them with Audacity at some point.

Nice job making sure everything loops properly. Some things I noticed though - is there are reason why some songs like Space Armada and Space Battleground switched when you could save space just using the way they are in Brawl? I think songs like MGS4 Theme of Love and WarioWare are like that too.

Also The Wish Seed doesn't loop, which I guess is okay knowing what the song is like but it may sound weird when fighting.
Thank you - this is all excellent feedback.

Yes, the reasons I changed those songs around is because I wanted to keep the "main" song from Brawl but not have it as the primary song or vice versa. All of these tracks are basically like my dream playlist.

If you can condense the double looped stuff and provide me with smaller files, I'll definitely include them in Build 1.1 and give you muchos credit.

And The Wish Seed not looping is a mistake, I'll fix it. Thanks!

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Off the top of my head...
Mario: Sunshine Mario, Flying Suit Mario
Luigi: Dealer Luigi, Flying Suit Luigi, Dr. Luigi
Bowser: Dark Bowser
Samus: PED Suit
Meta Knight: Galacta Knight
King Dedede: Dark Dedede
Charizard: Mega Y
Sonic: Excalibur
Jigglypuff: Melee Green
Olimar: President's Suit Black
Diddy: DKC2 Sunglasses
Ness: Poo's Fighter Gi
Toon Link: The something hat (started with a P I think, not overly familiar with Toon Link's games), normal black tunic
Also, in regards to this feedback, There were some skins I wasn't able to add due to incompatibility with PM 3.6 or limited costume slots, but I added a few of these (Dr. Luigi, Dark Bowser, Galacta Knight, Excalibur Sonic, and President's Suit). Look forward to hopefully more in Build 1.1!

jamiejame911

Smash Rookie
This is amazing. It really brings a lot more excitement to the game with the collation of all these viable stage options. I hope the PM tournament communities integrate this as default.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
This is amazing. It really brings a lot more excitement to the game with the collation of all these viable stage options. I hope the PM tournament communities integrate this as default.
Thank you!! That's certainly the hope. We're currently optimizing for team play because there are a few quirks, so Build 1.1 will be even more sound for tourneys.

goldinaughty

Smash Rookie
NNID
ashfaqarian
3DS FC
1993-9720-8973
I successfully have been able to install it and played around with it. After a game or two, I realized I didn't download the Wi-Fi Add-On. When I clicked on the Add-On, the logo was loading, and it went to the Homebrew menu. I clicked again and it shows, "Unable to download, please reinstall." Then I clicked that and it crashed and went back to the homebrew menu again. How do you think I can fix this? I need the Wi-Fi Add-On to wavedash with light shield (light press on R-Trigger)

Last edited:

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
I successfully have been able to install it and played around with it. After a game or two, I realized I didn't download the Wi-Fi Add-On. When I clicked on the Add-On, the logo was loading, and it went to the Homebrew menu. I clicked again and it shows, "Unable to download, please reinstall." Then I clicked that and it crashed and went back to the homebrew menu again. How do you think I can fix this? I need the Wi-Fi Add-On to wavedash with light shield (light press on R-Trigger)
Sorry, this build doesn't support the WiFi version. Not until I would even know how to do that, anyway.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Update: a point of contingency with this build is the inclusion of all the music due to the large amount of it (around 760MB worth).

In Build 1.1, I've shortened and swapped out a few tracks, making it around 20MB less (so far).

So I've added a poll to this thread asking you all if I should keep the music as part of the build, or make it DLC instead.

Post any thoughts about it here, I'm all ears!

Last edited:

Marsephel

Smash Rookie
Honestly I was extremely hyped for this until I looked at the CSP's, which turned me off to the whole build. You really need to find someone who can render all of your skins for each character in a single pose, it looks incredibly unprofessional the way it is now. Great job, but I'm sure it would turn many more people to your project if you had uniform CSP's, it may be nitpicky but it's a definite deal breaker for me. :/

Marsephel

Smash Rookie
Despite that I may give this a brief try, just because the stage list looks pretty amazing

Last edited:

Sudoi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blargbla
Sorry for being kinda silly, but how would I usb load this pack onto my Flash Drive and run it through homebrew?

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Honestly I was extremely hyped for this until I looked at the CSP's, which turned me off to the whole build. You really need to find someone who can render all of your skins for each character in a single pose, it looks incredibly unprofessional the way it is now. Great job, but I'm sure it would turn many more people to your project if you had uniform CSP's, it may be nitpicky but it's a definite deal breaker for me. :/
I hear you. That's one of my goals (if you look at the list). It might take a while to render EVERYTHING, so I thought I might as well release it first and then fix the portraits for the next update(s). I began to do this with Mewtwo's portraits, as well as Pikachu and Link's Inkling portraits. That's definitely the direction I want to go.

Sorry for being kinda silly, but how would I usb load this pack onto my Flash Drive and run it through homebrew?
Not entirely sure on this, sorry. :(

Sudoi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blargbla
I hear you. That's one of my goals (if you look at the list). It might take a while to render EVERYTHING, so I thought I might as well release it first and then fix the portraits for the next update(s). I began to do this with Mewtwo's portraits, as well as Pikachu and Link's Inkling portraits. That's definitely the direction I want to go.

Not entirely sure on this, sorry. :(
Damn, that sucks. Hope I can figure it out.

KingKirb

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I'm having a lot of fun with this mod. Is there a way to pick the secret stages? Some of them are really cool and I want to play them more!

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Hey, I'm having a lot of fun with this mod. Is there a way to pick the secret stages? Some of them are really cool and I want to play them more!
Yes there are, but it's supposed to be a secret! Let me give you a hint: look at the "Smash Bros. Legacy M 3.6 / PRESS ANY BUTTON" screen....

For some reason I cannot download the homebrew or hackless zip files for Legacy, it just stays at 0.0% downloaded. On the brawl hack page it said to PM you for a mirror download link if the normal links don't work but I wasn't sure if you meant on Smashbords or through something else. I would need the homebrew one, but obviously not sent on this thread so I was wondering how to PM you for the mirror download link. Sorry about my inexperience with this.

MagmaCore

Smash Rookie
I am getting an error message "STGVILLAGE_01_Y.PAC cannot be read or written" fix?

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
For some reason I cannot download the homebrew or hackless zip files for Legacy, it just stays at 0.0% downloaded. On the brawl hack page it said to PM you for a mirror download link if the normal links don't work but I wasn't sure if you meant on Smashbords or through something else. I would need the homebrew one, but obviously not sent on this thread so I was wondering how to PM you for the mirror download link. Sorry about my inexperience with this.
Sure, you can PM me on anything (Twitter, Reddit, FB, LinkedIn, whatever). Any social network you can think of, search davidvkimball and it's me. I'll respond to you with an alt link.

I am getting an error message "STGVILLAGE_01_Y.PAC cannot be read or written" fix?
Hmm, that's the BeachVille stage. When does that error occur? I've had a few other people that are experiencing issues with Beachville also, I'll look into a fix ASAP...

Ubuyo

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheUbuyo
3DS FC
5155-3243-0076
This is a really neat build. I just have one minor gripe though. A majority of the music is way too loud, to the point where it drowns out the character voices and other sound effects in the game. You might want to find a way to lower the volume for the music you added in whenever you get the chance.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
This is a really neat build. I just have one minor gripe though. A majority of the music is way too loud, to the point where it drowns out the character voices and other sound effects in the game. You might want to find a way to lower the volume for the music you added in whenever you get the chance.
Thanks for this feedback Ubuyo. At this point, I'd suggest going into sound and adjusting the sound/music ratio yourself. But in the next update I'm changing the volume from 85 down to 75, so that should fix it. Since many of the tracks are too quiet, I think making them a bit louder would be good, but I may have gone overboard on this. :) Thanks again.

Last edited:
Sure, you can PM me on anything (Twitter, Reddit, FB, LinkedIn, whatever). Any social network you can think of, search davidvkimball and it's me. I'll respond to you with an alt link.

Hmm, that's the BeachVille stage. When does that error occur? I've had a few other people that are experiencing issues with Beachville also, I'll look into a fix ASAP...
Thanks I'll be sure to!

Top Bottom