• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

Should the extra music stay in the build, or become a separate, optional component ("DLC")?

• Yes, I like the songs, but it would free up space for other things.

Votes: 228 60.5%
  • Yes, I don't like the songs / amount of songs you included.

Votes: 22 5.8%
  • No, I like the songs you added the way they are.

Votes: 107 28.4%
  • No, just remove some of them, and don't make it DLC.

Votes: 20 5.3%

• Total voters

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Dear Legacy Community,

On June 14, 2013, we started a small Super Smash Bros. fan blog. Since then we’ve created videos, produced live streams, and developed projects Legacy XP and Legacy TE, which are played all around the world.

Today we’ve decided that Legacy XP 2.11 and Legacy TE 2.5 will be the final version of the Legacy mods. Effective immediately, both Legacy teams will be ceasing development of all associated projects.

We’re deeply grateful for being involved in the scene and we’re grateful for every player, creator, and spectator who’s joined us through this venture. Amidst these milestones and what we’ve been able to accomplish to celebrate the Super Smash Bros. series of games, we’ve built an amazing community of Smash fans and the relationships we’ve fostered have never been stronger.

Please know this decision is final, and both teams’ leadership is fully on-board.

Sincerely,

The Legacy Team

Last edited:

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Thanks so much! I certainly poured my fair share of hours into it....

Last edited:

TheGingerRussian

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheGingerRussian
3DS FC
1504-5955-1641
Can this be installed onto a PAL Wii easily? Or is it like PM where you have to jump through hoops to get it working?

Looks great, keep up the good work. This may be viable in tournaments at some point.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Can this be installed onto a PAL Wii easily? Or is it like PM where you have to jump through hoops to get it working?

Looks great, keep up the good work. This may be viable in tournaments at some point.
It's like PM, only works on NTSC discs for now.

And thanks! I sure hope so.

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
seems pretty cool but kinda lacking imo. just me being nitpicky tho, would probably try it if i had a free sd card

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
seems pretty cool but kinda lacking imo. just me being nitpicky tho, would probably try it if i had a free sd card
Thanks for your feedback. It seems lacking? What would you have it include that it doesn't already?

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Thanks for your feedback. It seems lacking? What would you have it include that it doesn't already?
Like, overall you're missing out on a ton of skins. I'm glad none of your choices are ridiculous and over the top (like Patt's Edition or whatever) but there are tons of awesome canon skins you're missing out on. Also, I like cBliss personally, but by no means do you have to.
The Music is fine. Stages... I feel the bottom 2 rows of page 1 shouldn't be messed with, but other than that they're great.

Last edited:

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
>I Am

>Shadow skin

>Sonic Unleashed Results Screen

Instant 10/10, must buy download.

Seriously, this is some great stuff! I gotta get a new SD Card soon so I can play this right away. :D

SuperLarno

Smash Rookie
You could try and get the Stage expansion template or the Classic expansion pack for even more stages, it might fix the lacking feel that some people are getting.

failsnail99

Smash Cadet
This is the kind of build I was looking for,but I do agree with pikmin1211.cbliss would make this build more open and there is a whole bunch of skins that are canon with the corresponding characters.I wish you luck with this project.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Like, overall you're missing out on a ton of skins. I'm glad none of your choices are ridiculous and over the top (like Patt's Edition or whatever) but there are tons of awesome canon skins you're missing out on. Also, I like cBliss personally, but by no means do you have to.
The Music is fine. Stages... I feel the bottom 2 rows of page 1 shouldn't be messed with, but other than that they're great.
Tons of Canon skins that we're missing? Can you name a few?

Bleh no Dark Bowser 0/10.

Anyways, this is looking good, might download this later.
Fantastic. Can you link the Dark Skin Bowser you'd like in the build? It just may end up there in the next release...

>I Am

>Shadow skin

>Sonic Unleashed Results Screen

Instant 10/10, must buy download.

Seriously, this is some great stuff! I gotta get a new SD Card soon so I can play this right away. :D
Glad you're digging it!

You could try and get the Stage expansion template or the Classic expansion pack for even more stages, it might fix the lacking feel that some people are getting.
I actually started to do this until I figured out that using the stage expansion causes freezing on the My Music screen. Music means a lot to me in this build and I really wanted to give people an uncompromising experience as far as stability is concerned.

If people discover a way that allows for more stages without having the game freeze on the My Music screen, you'd better believe I'd be all over that.

This is the kind of build I was looking for,but I do agree with pikmin1211.cbliss would make this build more open and there is a whole bunch of skins that are canon with the corresponding characters.I wish you luck with this project.
Thanks for the support! And I'll look into that.

Last edited:

TheGingerRussian

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheGingerRussian
3DS FC
1504-5955-1641
There is a video on Youtube that shows how to get Project M on PAL, it might take a bit of work though.
Yeah, and it requires some stuff I currently am not in possession of.
I'll probably just wait for a PAL release. (Someday...)

Pikmin1211

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pikmin1211
3DS FC
0044-3220-8865
Tons of Canon skins that we're missing? Can you name a few?
Off the top of my head...
Mario: Sunshine Mario, Flying Suit Mario
Luigi: Dealer Luigi, Flying Suit Luigi, Dr. Luigi
Bowser: Dark Bowser
Samus: PED Suit
Meta Knight: Galacta Knight
King Dedede: Dark Dedede
Charizard: Mega Y
Sonic: Excalibur
Jigglypuff: Melee Green
Olimar: President's Suit Black
Diddy: DKC2 Sunglasses
Ness: Poo's Fighter Gi
Toon Link: The something hat (started with a P I think, not overly familiar with Toon Link's games), normal black tunic

Meteo1115

Smash Rookie
I completely agree with this. I believe that there should be a way to get the pack with the two bottom rows unaltered because that is the only thing really holding me back from getting this great pack.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Off the top of my head...
Mario: Sunshine Mario, Flying Suit Mario
Luigi: Dealer Luigi, Flying Suit Luigi, Dr. Luigi
Bowser: Dark Bowser
Samus: PED Suit
Meta Knight: Galacta Knight
King Dedede: Dark Dedede
Charizard: Mega Y
Sonic: Excalibur
Jigglypuff: Melee Green
Olimar: President's Suit Black
Diddy: DKC2 Sunglasses
Ness: Poo's Fighter Gi
Toon Link: The something hat (started with a P I think, not overly familiar with Toon Link's games), normal black tunic
I tried Dealer Luigi, however it froze many times when I tried to get it work. I'll try it again and see if I can fix it.

As far as new Sonic colors, I'd have to replace one I currently have. For Jiggs, I like the green alternate I already have. I was THIS close to including the Poo costume for Ness in, but decided against it last second. And are you talking about Minish Cap Toon Link? Considered him as well.

As far as your other suggestions, we'll seriously consider them for our next release!

I completely agree with this. I believe that there should be a way to get the pack with the two bottom rows unaltered because that is the only thing really holding me back from getting this great pack.
Thanks for your feedback, we might move some stages around for the purpose of restoring the original two bottom rows. Stay tuned!

Edit: Quick follow up, out of the changes: New Skyworld, Inferno, Melee + SEE Battlefield, Revived Dreamland and Final Destination, could I leave the Revived Dreamland and Final Destination forms? They're purely aesthetic changes and don't adjust any of the collision boxes or blast zones of the stage.

Last edited:

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
I was wondering if you could get a Skyward Sword Link skin for the next release? So he could match SS Zelda, I think that'd be cool. :D

MV-Skipper

Smash Cadet
If I want to get the 'normal' announcer and character files what files do I have to delete?

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
I was wondering if you could get a Skyward Sword Link skin for the next release? So he could match SS Zelda, I think that'd be cool. :D
Certainly a good idea! We'll keep this in mind for the next update.

I think so. It was a cap with a bird head. Also ah ok.
Yep, that's definitely Minish Cap Link!

If I want to get the 'normal' announcer and character files what files do I have to delete?
Well in order to get the original announcer, you'll have to copy and paste the following files from Vanilla Project M 3.02 in the sfx folder:

220.sawnd
221.sawnd
222.sawnd
223.sawnd

Just deleting those files from my build won't work, because there will be no character call for Mewtwo or Roy.

And if you are interested in restoring the original character's voices and menu sounds, delete sawnd files 7.sawnd (Menu sounds), 10.sawnd (Pit), 13.sawnd (DK), 27.sawnd (G&W), and 45.sawnd (Sonic).

Let me know if you have any other issues!

MV-Skipper

Smash Cadet
Certainly a good idea! We'll keep this in mind for the next update.

Yep, that's definitely Minish Cap Link!

Well in order to get the original announcer, you'll have to copy and paste the following files from Vanilla Project M 3.02 in the sfx folder:

220.sawnd
221.sawnd
222.sawnd
223.sawnd

Just deleting those files from my build won't work, because there will be no character call for Mewtwo or Roy.

And if you are interested in restoring the original character's voices and menu sounds, delete sawnd files 7.sawnd (Menu sounds), 10.sawnd (Pit), 13.sawnd (DK), 27.sawnd (G&W), and 45.sawnd (Sonic).

Let me know if you have any other issues!
Thank you forthe quick response!

JesucristoCROW

Smash Rookie
NNID
jesucristocr0w
I loved it! it has competitive stages and GREAT music :D just a petition, why don't you replace Smashville with SakuraVille(Winter version) with the "Another Winter" song from Scott Pilgrim, that would be awesome! Good Luck with the Project :D

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
I loved it! it has competitive stages and GREAT music :D just a petition, why don't you replace Smashville with SakuraVille(Winter version) with the "Another Winter" song from Scott Pilgrim, that would be awesome! Good Luck with the Project :D
Thanks for the support and the suggestions! We are considering an alternate version of Smashville, but we don't want to change the stage's collision boxes so it can remain tournament-viable.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Over the top and ridiculous? Seems I have accomplished my goal ;)

Thanks for the support and the suggestions! We are considering an alternate version of Smashville, but we don't want to change the stage's collision boxes so it can remain tournament-viable.
Goodluck on your pack friend! I'm excited to see the finished product.

Last edited:

Sonic 2099 The Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonic09Hedgehog
3DS FC
4038-6177-1632
It Looks pretty Good. i Want to Try it Out, Saddly i Have a PAL Version of the Wii & Brawl so it Won't Work. Hope that version is Coming Soon.

Larsenv

Smash Rookie
NNID
larsenv1
3DS FC
5155-2961-4100
This is amazing! Thanks for your time and effort into making this, I'm excited for more!

Last edited:

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
When will you update this for 3.5?
As much as I hate to say it, it doesn't look like this will be getting a 3.5 version. I had plans for custom character selection portrait poses and everything, but I can't justify spending the time on it anymore. :(

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
As much as I hate to say it, it doesn't look like this will be getting a 3.5 version. I had plans for custom character selection portrait poses and everything, but I can't justify spending the time on it anymore. :(
Aww that sucks... I wish i can help, even though i can, but i will say your pack is awesome!

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Happy to report over 3K total combined downloads!

I am tempted to work on a PM 3.6-compliant 1-year anniversary edition....

Last edited:

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Please do! I miss this build, you should bring it back when you can. :p
Well it's officially almost completed.

Question for anyone watching this thread. Should I release it now or try and fix ALL the issues? I'll work on it regardless, it's just a matter of it having a weird freeze after LONG matches (17+ minutes, documented here).

Best case scenario is that I squash the bug, but who knows how long that will take because I'm finding it difficult isolating the issue. Second best case scenario is folks submit bug reports and I find the issue more quickly, but downside is that it might be a bit unstable.

I've only gotten the freezing to occur when I've left 4 CPUs on Halberd for over 15 minutes. Again, if you're curious about the bug view this thread.

TL;DR: I can release it now, but it might be slightly unstable. Thoughts?

Crystalruby

Smash Apprentice
Smashing Some Nubs (With a Pinch of Salt)
NNID
Crystalruby8

Question for anyone watching this thread. Should I release it now or try and fix ALL the issues? I'll work on it regardless, it's just a matter of it having a weird freeze after LONG matches (17+ minutes, documented here).

Best case scenario is that I squash the bug, but who knows how long that will take because I'm finding it difficult isolating the issue. Second best case scenario is folks submit bug reports and I find the issue more quickly, but downside is that it might be a bit unstable.

I've only gotten the freezing to occur when I've left 4 CPUs on Halberd for over 15 minutes. Again, if you're curious about the bug view this thread.

Freezes on Halberd? That's odd. I'd just wait until the issue is fixed before releasing it. And is it going to get a hackless ver. too?

Last edited:

Crystalruby

Smash Apprentice
Smashing Some Nubs (With a Pinch of Salt)
NNID
Crystalruby8
BTW are you copying all of the fighter's files? [FighterFit + FighterMotion] You don't need these files, only copy over .pac+.pcs files over the vanilla PM 3.6 Fighter's folders.

Last edited:
Top Bottom