• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official v1.2.0 Patch Discussion Thread

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Welcome to the 'official' discussion thread for the 1.2.0 patch.

Here is the the Patch Notes Thread: https://smashboards.com/threads/v1-2-0-patch-notes.465465/
That Patch Notes Thread is locked to the public. We will move confirmed posts into it from this thread as they come!

We will hand out large infractions and/or temporary bans to those who stifle this process of patch note exploration
Some examples include
1. Posting false changes, good intentions or not.
2. Asking if anything has changed when the patch notes are there for you to read.
3. Immature behavior and complaining over the patch changes.

When checking changes, remember that Ultimate has many different damage multipliers.
  • Percent values taken from proper matches (non-training mode) have scaling adjustments based on it's current freshness; a 1% difference seen in a match may not be a real patch change and should be double checked before being posted.
  • For aerials remember that aerials performed during a short hop have a x0.85 damage multiplier.
  • Moves deal less damage in matches with more than two people than in 1v1s. This multiplier also applies to Training Mode.
~~~~~~~~~

Last edited:

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
Now that the patch notes state which fighters are adjusted, it may be worthwhile designating them in the other thread. Not to say that there aren't other changes that affect a larger portion of the cast, but likely the listed characters will be more significant.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Changes have been confirmed for:
Donkey Kong, Link, Kirby, Luigi, Ice Climbers, Young Link, Olimar, Toon Link, Villager, Greninja, Pac-Man, Duck Hunt, Isabelle

link2702

Smash Champion
I mean this is at least a step up from 4 where no one had any idea of which characters were adjusted.

But damn Nintendo you could tell us what you actually changed.

I’m assuming some sort of glitch with the three links must have been fixed, as it’s a bit odd for all three of em to have been worked on in one patch.

mtlerner42

Smash Rookie
According to a SmashLadder user, you can no longer Z-drop out of hitstun. If someone could confirm or deny this, it would be worth looking in to imo. If I get home in time I can look into it, but if anyone feels bored.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Yoshi's Island food glitch is still present.
Looks like Fountain of Dreams still lags but I can't tell just by looking.
Lylat seems to still have that Kirby glitch.

That's 0/3. They fixed none of the stage glitches!

Last edited:

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Been a while since I got to read some placebo effects. I can't wait to check back here to have a laugh.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
According to a SmashLadder user, you can no longer Z-drop out of hitstun. If someone could confirm or deny this, it would be worth looking in to imo. If I get home in time I can look into it, but if anyone feels bored.
I and some others just tested this. It indeed appears to be gone.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I'm not updating my game yet, so if anyone wants me to check percent damage or knockback or anything, hmu. I want to save these replays before I update anyway. I'm VERY curious what they changed about the Links.

mjmannella

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
6515-6020-5729
I'm not updating my game yet, so if anyone wants me to check percent damage or knockback or anything, hmu. I want to save these replays before I update anyway. I'm VERY curious what they changed about the Links.
Can you mess around with Nana's AI please? I want to see a comparison between her AI in 1.1.0 and 1.2.0.

Last edited:

CyndaWott

Smash Rookie
NNID
CyndaWott
3DS FC
4699-5590-7700
Switch FC
SW 4663 2831 5999
Can you check things with Villy and Isabelle

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Isabelle's fishing rod throws got a damage nerf. I have exact numbers for fthrow but I believe it affects them all.

1v1 fthrow did 20.8% fresh at mid distance before. Now it does 20.1%.

Last edited:

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Is Isabelle's fishing rod range on stage shorter? Still tethers from far though.

Hyperom

Smash Rookie
I could be wrong, but didn't young links arrow send the enemy straight up? Because it now definitly sends them up and in the opposite direction.

Edit: This is wrong, we tested it and no, there are not changes Young links arrows, we don't think there are any changed at all.

Last edited:

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Isabelle's weird teleporting through walls thing is gone too, but she still seems to have some faulty trig that makes her rotate upside down and she does still collide with walls kinda weird.

G&W uair and bucketsliding is still in.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Can you mess around with Nana's AI please? I want to see a comparison between her AI in 1.1.0 and 1.2.0.
Can you check things with Villy and Isabelle
I'd need something to compare them to, if you have a suspicion of a change I'll test if it's actually different.
Isabelle's fishing rod throws got a damage nerf. I have exact numbers for fthrow but I believe it affects them all.

Tested, Isabelle's fthrow did 18.6 in training mode 1.1.0. If it does 20 now, thats a buff.

CyndaWott

Smash Rookie
NNID
CyndaWott
3DS FC
4699-5590-7700
Switch FC
SW 4663 2831 5999
Shame.

Fthrow out if grab was so good.

Galgatha

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SinChill
I could be wrong, but didn't young links arrow send the enemy straight up? Because it now definitly sends them up and in the opposite direction
Looking at a few videos from a couple days ago, it certainly looks like YLink's arrows sent the opponent straight up.

Pyr

Smash Lord
Per Reddit User SBelmont:

"Young Link had his Fire Arrows damage nerfed. It was 7.0 to 20.0 pre-patch, and now it's 4.8 to 14.4 post-patch. I didn't see any other damage changes for him and nothing else felt different."

https://np.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/a5zu9u/version_120_patch_notes/ebql85v/
I'd need something to compare them to, if you have a suspicion of a change I'll test if it's actually different.

Tested, Isabelle's fthrow did 18.6 in training mode 1.1.0. If it does 20 now, thats a buff.
99.9% sure that training mode does not apply 1v1 no items damage buffs.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I could be wrong, but didn't young links arrow send the enemy straight up? Because it now definitly sends them up and in the opposite direction
Training mode CPU has basically no DI afaik, so fire arrows send at about a 80-85 degree angle in 1.1.0. What angle is it in 1.2?

SBelmont

Smash Rookie
I believe Young Link had a damage nerf on his arrows. Pre-Patch in online matchmaking pre-battle training area they were doing no charge 7.0 ~ 20.0 max charge (might have been 21.0), but in training mode now they're doing no charge 4.8 ~ 14.4 max charge.

Edit: Apologies. Didn't realize scaling in the online battlefield training map was different from actual training mode. :/

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Per Reddit User SBelmont:

"Young Link had his Fire Arrows damage nerfed. It was 7.0 to 20.0 pre-patch, and now it's 4.8 to 14.4 post-patch. I didn't see any other damage changes for him and nothing else felt different."

https://np.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/a5zu9u/version_120_patch_notes/ebql85v/

99.9% sure that training mode does not apply 1v1 no items damage buffs.
I feel like we should probably use training mode numbers, it's easier to test and it's their base values.

I believe Young Link had a damage nerf on his arrows. Pre-Patch in online matchmaking pre-battle training area they were doing no charge 7.0 ~ 20.0 max charge (might have been 21.0), but in training mode now they're doing no charge 4.8 ~ 14.4 max charge.
Damage seems to be unchanged from my testing. Uncharged and max charged are the exact numbers you're saying. (in training mode)

mjmannella

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
6515-6020-5729
Try desyncing around the ledge. Apparently Nana had a habit of using Side B offstage, making her kill herself. One of my friends is saying that she doesn't do this anymore, but I think it's just placebo.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Try desyncing around the ledge. Apparently Nana had a habit of using Side B offstage, making her kill herself. One of my friends is saying that she doesn't do this anymore, but I think it's just placebo.
I am VERY bad at Ice Climbers, so I probably am not the best person to test this. I have no clue how to desync lmao.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo

It depends how far they are when you throw the rod out. If close range was 18.6% then that is now 17.9%.
20.8% at mid distance before, now it does 20.1%.

Last edited:

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
As long as they don’t touch K. Rool, I’m fine.

#KeepHimBroken

Tikao

Smash Ace
Are there any legititmate ressources of numbers (damage, framedata etc.) pre patch to test and compare them to?

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
It depends how far they are when you throw the rod out. If close range was 18.6% then that is now 17.9%.
20.8% at mid distance before, now it does 20.1%.
I wasn't aware of the range affecting damage, it seems to be between 18.5 to 19.5 in 1.1, tested at point blank and as far of a range as I could get.

Yink arrows seem unchanged.
Damage is definitely the same, but what angle do the arrows launch at now? Is it still ~80-85 degrees?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rubica

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rubica
Also, Pac Man already made facial expressions when he whiffed grab, guys.

mtlerner42

Smash Rookie
Personally, I'd argue that we need to have multiple people confirm or deny any supposed change before updating the table. For example, the pac-man looking sad was updated despite already being in the game. Just my $.02, though, I'm new here.

Unless they changed the animations, in which case, I'm the dumbass

Update: Turns out they did update the expressions to act on other grabs. As expected, I'm the idiot. Feel free to ignore this post.

Last edited:

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I wasn't aware of the range affecting damage, it seems to be between 18.5 to 19.5 in 1.1, tested at point blank and as far of a range as I could get.
Keep staling in mind. Staling applies in training in this game it seems. I tested this prior to updating and was able to get that number reliably on the way out. The retracting grab has even stronger throws damagewise but iunno stats on that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom