• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*v1.1* Squirtle Shades Moveset PSA

Fedora~

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I'm trying to come up with a PSA for Squirtle where his move set will change once his shades are equipped. The problem is that to accomplish what I want I have to recognize when Squirtle would or wouldn't be wearing shades in PSA, but I can't. I wanted to ask how exactly the Dev Team went about coding Squirlte's easter egg. Specifically, are Squirtle's shades an article already in the game, or imported? How are the shades triggered? (taunt/bit variables)? Can the code for the "flip" quicktime be found in PSA, if so, where? I have some experience in moveswapping and animating, so please don't refrain from being as specific as possible.

The reason I'm posting this here and not Customized Content is because I figured my chances of getting a response from a PMDT member are higher. Also, this is Squirtle specific and I know a few here would appreciate what I'm trying to do. As for content, I'll only have animations until I can figure out what I need to have moves recognize when Squirtle's in shades or not. I'll make another thread on Customized Content when I have something for a preview build, thanks in advance.

Fedora~

Smash Apprentice
Hi, all! I've made some progress and am glad to announce that I'll be having the official thread for my PSA over in Customized Content soon.

I still couldn't figure out how to enable/disable the move set with shades, so I just put the new moves over Squirtle's old ones. If anyone could offer any advice in that regard, I'd greatly appreciate it. With this mod I wanted to provide a fun incentive for casual players to use Squirtle's Up Taunt easter egg. I promise this PSA to be a rewarding experience for those who dare don the shades (well hopefully)

Official Squirtle Shades Moveset PSA Thread:
http://smashboards.com/threads/making-a-splash-squirtle-shades-moveset-vpreshades.375628/

Last edited:

Fedora~

Smash Apprentice
This sounds like a cool moveset I may have to try it out when it officially releases.
That would be sooner than expected if I could figure out the shades part. If you want a glimpse at the moveset, there's a "pre-shades" version, available for download above, with his regular moves swapped for the new ones.

Last edited:

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Above all else, I am amazed that you actually did a PSA and not just talked about doing a PSA. Bravo sir, you are the exception.

Fedora~

Smash Apprentice
Above all else, I am amazed that you actually did a PSA and not just talked about doing a PSA. Bravo sir, you are the exception.
Well thanks, haha. I intended to finish what I started. I'm guessing you guys get a lot of flakes? Either way, give my PSA a look sometime.

Fedora~

Smash Apprentice
Fedora here! Just like the rest of you, I'm extremely excited for the release of PM 3.6b. I just want to know from the community if there is still interest in my Squirtle mod. The release of 3.6 of course means that the mod is now outdated in it's current state. Please let me know if I should continue updating. With updates come: Rebalancing for 3.6, Possibly new moves/ features, and bug-fixes! Thanks for your support up to this point, I hope to continue providing high-quality content for y'all to enjoy :D

_Daffy_

Smash Cadet
Fedora here! Just like the rest of you, I'm extremely excited for the release of PM 3.6b. I just want to know from the community if there is still interest in my Squirtle mod. The release of 3.6 of course means that the mod is now outdated in it's current state. Please let me know if I should continue updating. With updates come: Rebalancing for 3.6, Possibly new moves/ features, and bug-fixes! Thanks for your support up to this point, I hope to continue providing high-quality content for y'all to enjoy :D
Never got to try this out in 3.5, but it sounds really legit! Would love to see it in 3.6 so I could test it out :)

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
As a new user of Squirtle, I feel this will be really fun :3

I'd def be excited~

Top Bottom