• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

Should the extra music stay in the build, or become a separate, optional component ("DLC")?

• Yes, I like the songs, but it would free up space for other things.

Votes: 228 60.5%
  • Yes, I don't like the songs / amount of songs you included.

Votes: 22 5.8%
  • No, I like the songs you added the way they are.

Votes: 107 28.4%
  • No, just remove some of them, and don't make it DLC.

Votes: 20 5.3%

• Total voters

Pyro Gaming

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I found a small bug. I was playing TE, and I picked Metal Cavern without alts, and the song said it was Metal Battle from Melee, but played some Mario song on the piano. Nothing gambreaking, but a small bug I found.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Hey guys, I found a small bug. I was playing TE, and I picked Metal Cavern without alts, and the song said it was Metal Battle from Melee, but played some Mario song on the piano. Nothing gambreaking, but a small bug I found.
Haha weird, thanks for reporting it.

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Haha weird, thanks for reporting it.
It looks like you didn't replace the A01 and A16 brstm files for Metal Cavern's music over Mushroomy Kingdom's.

The Battle Sonic alts also have Jet Set Radio Sonic's smoke effects.

Last edited:

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110

Metal Legacy

Smash Rookie
This looks great! Actually seems almost identical to what my dream build would be. I have just been having some issues getting it to run. I want to run it on dolphin for the hd textures, but I can't seem to get it to run. When I put the files on a virtual sd card and try to run it using Gecko, I get an error saying "No SD Codes Found". If I create a "codes" folder in the root of the sd card and put "RSBE01.gct" in that folder, Gecko will find the codes but I will get a "Too Many Codes" error. What exactly are the differences in the netplay build and/or what would be the solution to the Gecko loading errors? Thanks!

Metal Legacy

Smash Rookie
I also can't seem to get the netplay build to run either. I put the Brawl iso in the games folder and set it as the default iso. However, when I load the launcher and hit play, it goes to a black screen. Any help would be appreciated!

dawdge

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-3131-7304
This looks great! Actually seems almost identical to what my dream build would be. I have just been having some issues getting it to run. I want to run it on dolphin for the hd textures, but I can't seem to get it to run. When I put the files on a virtual sd card and try to run it using Gecko, I get an error saying "No SD Codes Found". If I create a "codes" folder in the root of the sd card and put "RSBE01.gct" in that folder, Gecko will find the codes but I will get a "Too Many Codes" error. What exactly are the differences in the netplay build and/or what would be the solution to the Gecko loading errors? Thanks!
There should be a gc file in the download (in the same place as the "launcher" and "pf" folders). Rename it to "gameconfig" and put it into the root of your SD card. This build's gct is larger than regular PM's, and without the gameconfig file, Gecko can't read it.

Last edited:

EnderAndroid

Smash Rookie
First off, excellent mod. The effort you guys put into this build is amazing.

Second, I noticed a glitch when playing with the dark Gi alt on the Dolphin build. Not sure if it applies to the Wii version but it probably does.

His headband is messed up.

Render for comparison:

I tested this on vanilla PM in Dolphin and for some reason the glitch is still there, meaning this isn't Legacy's doing.

I've found this old video by Nanobuds showing off the dark Gi skin, which seems to be looking fine to me. If the alt has remained consistent throughout all these years, this shouldn't be happening. Am I running Dolphin wrong, or do other people have this problem too?

Metal Legacy

Smash Rookie
There should be a gc file in the download (in the same place as the "launcher" and "pf" folders). Rename it to "gameconfig" and put it into the root of your SD card. This build's gct is larger than regular PM's, and without the gameconfig file, Gecko can't read it.

Also, a question from myself. I know that Sonic and Roy have edited PSAs. Are they still wifi-safe if I wanted to play with people who have regular PM?

Thanks
Thanks for the advice but Gecko still gave me the "no codes found" error

Da_BiggesT

Smash Rookie
Can't play..., I did the tutorial and I got a black screen (change the name of gc to gameconfig, create a folder named codes and put the rsbe01.gct file in there), tried on a 2GB and 4GB SD card and turn on ocarina in USB Loader

vathekid

Smash Apprentice
Wonderful build for sure! been playing it and exploring all the stages and tracks it comes with and I have to say I am very impressed by it as well, especially a lot of the custom stages added to it such as Zelda's garden and sea cavern of dreams for sure!
Though if I may ask, would it be alright to extract some of these stages and import them into my own Project M Build? Of coarse proper given credit will be followed, but I just want permission or as well as the possibility of you or the team posting some of these beautiful stages onto the brawl vault with the necessary icons and names as well
Hopefully ya get to this er' post and help cooperate as well

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
First off, excellent mod. The effort you guys put into this build is amazing.

Second, I noticed a glitch when playing with the dark Gi alt on the Dolphin build. Not sure if it applies to the Wii version but it probably does.

His headband is messed up.

Render for comparison:

I tested this on vanilla PM in Dolphin and for some reason the glitch is still there, meaning this isn't Legacy's doing.

I've found this old video by Nanobuds showing off the dark Gi skin, which seems to be looking fine to me. If the alt has remained consistent throughout all these years, this shouldn't be happening. Am I running Dolphin wrong, or do other people have this problem too?
Huh... interesting stuff. Yeah, we had to resist correcting many vPM bugs haha for the sake of tournament legality.

Can't play..., I did the tutorial and I got a black screen (change the name of gc to gameconfig, create a folder named codes and put the rsbe01.gct file in there), tried on a 2GB and 4GB SD card and turn on ocarina in USB Loader
Hmm, did you rename the LegacyTE folder to projectm? Because if you did, you shouldn't have... that was a mistake I made.

Wonderful build for sure! been playing it and exploring all the stages and tracks it comes with and I have to say I am very impressed by it as well, especially a lot of the custom stages added to it such as Zelda's garden and sea cavern of dreams for sure!
Though if I may ask, would it be alright to extract some of these stages and import them into my own Project M Build? Of coarse proper given credit will be followed, but I just want permission or as well as the possibility of you or the team posting some of these beautiful stages onto the brawl vault with the necessary icons and names as well
Hopefully ya get to this er' post and help cooperate as well
Yes, you have permission, as long as you credit the individual(s) involved for the content!

dawdge

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-3131-7304
Are the new Sonic and Roy PSAs wifi-safe if I wanted to play with people who have regular PM?

Last edited:

EnderAndroid

Smash Rookie
Black Gi Lucario's headband is glitched on console as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq-K5w4yy_E
You beat me to it.

Apparently this is entirely new to 3.6, as I tried this on 3.5 and it looked completely fine to me.

I don't think fixing this would be a problem, though. We already have glitchless files in 3.5 for Lucario's dark Gi skin, and so all that would need to be done is just to drag-and-drop the old files, assuming that they weren't edited for some game-breaking reason.

Gonna try and replace the files to see how it goes. Hopefully the result will be a fixed Lucario skin.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
You beat me to it.

Apparently this is entirely new to 3.6, as I tried this on 3.5 and it looked completely fine to me.

I don't think fixing this would be a problem, though. We already have glitchless files in 3.5 for Lucario's dark Gi skin, and so all that would need to be done is just to drag-and-drop the old files, assuming that they weren't edited for some game-breaking reason.

Gonna try and replace the files to see how it goes. Hopefully the result will be a fixed Lucario skin.
These are the kinds of tweaks we expect TOs to handle and enforce. We try to keep vPM content vPM wherever possible.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Little side project I'm working on

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
SJS ZSS would be the set of costumes that wouldn't have ever been in VPM, thus no vPM CSPs.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
The selection icon still has the vBrawl render, just trying to be subtle.
Hmm, you're right... maybe I'll include an alt version that uses vPM CSPs even though they're not technically accurate

wwe4865

Smash Rookie
Where is the HD texturepack?
Edit: Nevermind

Last edited:

dawdge

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-3131-7304
You can't netplay different builds unfortunately. It causes desyncs.
I play online with my Wii, but I figured out how to have vanilla PM and this on my SD card at the same time, so it's easy to switch between the two depending on whether I'm playing online or not.

Last edited:

Stray gas

Smash Rookie
Hey, does anybody know how to add an extra cycle of team colours, like what has been done with Peach and Bowser?
I have two red, blue and green (two of each colour) skins for Samus, and I want to make them all team colours, but I have no idea how to do it.

Top Bottom