• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utilt Trix !

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
The opening took a billion years, so I stopped watching.

But seriously speaking, that seems very situational, but it still may have it's uses.

You gotta love the ending, btw.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
But seriously speaking, that seems very situational, but it still may have it's uses.
Yeah, I find it pretty situational, except for the Barrier Spike on Snake.
I can already see myself doing it at least one or two times per match against him in future matches.

The good thing is that The Utilt makes a sitting Duck out of Snake for you to Spike, when he uses Up+B after the Barrier.
Spiking Snake just as he flies up with his C4-recovery can be tricky, but not anymore.

Imagine other stage hazards knocking your opponent into you Utilt.

You gotta love the ending, btw.
Oh, I haven't even put in speech for them at Youtube yet.
I'll do that later.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Yes.

YES!

This is what I stuck with Ganondorf for. See this? Here, DAD should show up and say something inspiring.

Ganondorf for mid tier. 9_9

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Awesome Utilt Trix Video !
I think these tricks are useful in certain situations.
You always can count on me to help you, improve Ganondorf Tricks and Help the Gerudo Community.

Thanks to Recognize my Help =]

Take Care Z1GMA !

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
What else stages can this be useful at?

Pitcho Chat might be able to assist the Utilt.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Only part it might be helpful would be the spikes... maybe if it hits a big character when they're grounded or near grounded. How high does the wind "hitbox" go?

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
That was pretty awesome to watch but I am wondering how often it would be used.

I guess this would be pretty useful in tag team since a smash towards Ganon could be reacted into an Utilt for an easy KO.

Picto Chat seems like the next in line for ideal after Brinstar and SOFAIR!

But seriously if this works on smashes is there a chance it can work on regular hits that knock people down?

Gyro > Glide Toss > Utilt?
Banana > Glide Toss > Utilt?
Turnip > Glide Toss > Utilt?

Oh yeah Green Greens: kick into blocks and then Utilt, 0 to death possibility?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Actually, this isn't very situational at all, when the lava is at its top level.

TP

Smash Master
Wait a sec. You can slow down video that much, but we don't have complete frame data. Quit being awesome and do some boring mindless work.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If you REALLY want Frame Data, you should consider nicely asking KPrime... he has hacks that let him do frame-by-frame testing, so I'm sure he could easily count them... plus I think he actually may enjoy doing so XD

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
But seriously if this works on smashes is there a chance it can work on regular hits that knock people down?

Gyro > Glide Toss > Utilt?
Banana > Glide Toss > Utilt?
Turnip > Glide Toss > Utilt?

Oh yeah Green Greens: kick into blocks and then Utilt, 0 to death possibility?
There's a difference between smashes and regular hits? (other than the label and input) Like in game mechanics, they're different syntactic objects?

Tell me more.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Wait a sec. You can slow down video that much, but we don't have complete frame data. Quit being awesome and do some boring mindless work.
Dude... Never ;P

For the record, I recorded the Utilt in 1/4 speed (Training Mode), and then slowed it down further in WMM.

I'd love to see Kalm Barrier Spike Ally, if he gets the chance to play him.
Ally would be sooo entirely "WTF? Glitch?"

@HomE

Smash Ace
Ok what if Dk and Ganon were on a team, and Ganon was on a platform above DK using his U-tilt and Dk was below doing his Down-B, would you get the same effect as luigi's mansion were they bounce up and down taking lots of dmg and maybe then being hit by the Up-Tilt at the end?

or am I completely wrong?

Z1GMA <3 how in the **** do you figure all this **** out? amazing..

EDIT: brief testing shows that this works if done right, someone please confim my wii is not liking the internet

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Ok what if Dk and Ganon were on a team, and Ganon was on a platform above DK using his U-tilt and Dk was below doing his Down-B, would you get the same effect as luigi's mansion were they bounce up and down taking lots of dmg and maybe then being hit by the Up-Tilt at the end?
Wouldn't he just land on the top platform?

Edit: I was completely wrong. If Ganon is above DK on a platform and Utilts, DK can repetitively Down-B and continue to hit the opponent. The opponent gets trapped in a limbo-esque state and gets hurt from both the Quake and the Utilt.

B!squick

Smash Master
You should title this thread: "Ganondorf is the new Snake counter pick :D"

So it seems that the wind effect of the UTilt acts as a meteor cancel, eh? Epic. Too bad Brinstar and Norfair tend to be banded in tournies... I wonder if this would work on Diddy after his UpB?

:034:

Smash Hero
So, basically, when a character gets launched up with high velocity, you spike him back with the wind effect?

Also, this really is disappointing. It looks so great on Norfair - but it's still banned in my area. >>>>:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
would you get the same effect as luigi's mansion were they bounce up and down taking lots of dmg
They would bounce up and down if Ganon were standing at the edge of a platform (facing out).
But they would get catched in the Magnetic Crush if Ganon would have the platform infont of his feet (standing on it of course).

This won't really stop Snakes, they'll just be extra sure to recover high.
If the opportunity is given, it will be very helpful.

btw... Since Wario can kill him self over the top with the Waft, maybe The Barrier Spike would work against Waft Recoveries as well.
The Waft might have an attribute which goes hand in hand with the Utilt.

But Waft Recovering is WAY to situational to even think of, I guess.

Timbers

check me out
Has anyone looked into utilt's wind properties for screwing up recoveries? I remember playing as Ganon and threw up a utilt as Ness tried to PKT2 and it dragged him under the lip and PKT2 got cancelled out and he died. Was pretty funny. Obviously Ness could have moved away from the lip before using PKT2 recovery but I still found it hilarious and wondered if anything else would work similiarly. I don't know how instant the windbox would move a character but you might be able to net some silly KOs under FD's lip (or anything without slanted lips)

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I am guessing this only works on high knockback hits? Otherwise Dair to uptilt would be a combo at low damage and I remember being able to get out of it. Hopefully testing this stuff out some more will lead to some good results for Ganon.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
There's a difference between smashes and regular hits? (other than the label and input) Like in game mechanics, they're different syntactic objects?

Tell me more.
Well if Utilt just stopped anything that came near it then you should be able to just hit someone with a item and then Utilt after the glide toss and you have a 30~
damage builder/KO'r

just drop a piece of ZSS armour over someone @ the ledge and you should have a Spike Barrier, or w/e it's called.

Good job on this once against Zigma

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
If it means anything, G&W's Up-air does exactly the same thing against knockback. And this is very abuseable in teams for saving partners.

Top Bottom