• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utility Taunts in Quickplay

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
So I just learned that utility taunts are also disabled in Quickplay. Greninja's is kind of useless anyway, but Luigi being unable to kick and Snake unable to drop boxes... I mean, it far from kills either character, but it's one move less in their toolset.

Setting aside any opinions on whether taunts on the whole should be enabled/disabled in Quickplay, as I don't expect Nintendo will change their minds about that, don't you think the ones that are actually moves should be enabled? Next you're going to tell me Dedede can't crouch online.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
A utility taunt is still a taunt, so they have the potential of grinding someone’s gears (though I can’t imagine how). Disabling taunts overall was a pretty stupid move from Nintendo...

Omnos

Smash Cadet
Taunts shouldn't be banned in the first place, it's ridiculous. People just t-bag if they want to bm anyways. Banning taunts literally solved nothing, just a placebo effect.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I'd only want taunts to be unbanned if they implement a "transform by taunt" thing where some characters can access different moves by taunting.

And even then, they should only implement exceptions for those particular transformations.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I'd only want taunts to be unbanned if they implement a "transform by taunt" thing where some characters can access different moves by taunting.

And even then, they should only implement exceptions for those particular transformations.
So you don't think Luigi's kick or Snake's box, which are attacks, should be allowed?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Pokemon Trainer has a cooldown timer on Pokemon Switch, but it gets reset if the pokemon uses a special move, gets hit, or taunts, allowing them to switch again sooner.

Taunting is really useful as a way to reset it. Squirtle's fastest option to reset the timer is Water Gun, but if that move is fully charged it's better to preserve it and use a taunt to switch. Meanwhile Charizard's fastest option is Flamethrower, but that move is high commitment and there are a lot of situations where taunting would be safer since it can be canceled into a different action.

It's minor, but Pokemon Trainer's taunts do have a practical function that I wish I could use on quickplay.

Top Bottom