• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utican Do It! Results!!! March 3rd, 2012

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=315997
2014 Genesee Street, Utica, NY

Brawl Singles - 22 entrants - $10 entry
1: The Mauve Avenger ($121.00) :kirby2: :dk2: :dedede:
2: Omega Tyrant ($66.00) :dedede: :wolf:
3: JamesG ($22.00) :lucario:
4: L-Don ($11.00) :marth:
5: bcb :wario:
5: Sharky :yoshi2:
7: Dai Luna :snake:
7: Nintendude :olimar:
9: No_Skillz :marth:
9: Calm :olimar: :warioc:
9: Stack :falco: :link2:
9: Beta :marth:
13: Zero CD :falco:
13: Rykard :marth: :olimar: :toonlink:
13: Perfect Agent :ike:
13: Player 35 :ness2: :lucas: :rob:
17: DWD :olimar:
17: Icer :marth:
17: Grant :lucario:
17: El Warrior :falco:
17: Uber Geek :rob:
17: Christopher :lucario: :fox:

Melee Singles - 8 entrants - $10 entry
1: Nintendude ($44.00) :popo:
2: Beta ($22.00) :fox:
3: Rykard ($8.00) :falco:
4: Icer ($4.00) :fox:
5: Perfect Agent :ganondorf:
5: DWD :marth:
7: bcb :docmario: :ganondorf:
7: PiePusher :falco:

Brawl Pools (for seeding, nobody was eliminated)
1: Omega Tyrant
1: JamesG
1: Zero CD
1: Calm
1: The Mauve Avenger
6: Beta
6: L-Don
6: bcb
6: Sharky
6: No_Skillz
11: Nintendude
11: Stack
11: Player 35
11: DWD
11: Dai Luna
16: Icer
16: Perfect Agent
16: Rykard
16: Christopher
16: Grant
21: Uber Geek
21: El Warrior

Pool 1

Pool 2

Pool 3

Pool 4

Pool 5

Melee Pools (for seeding, nobody was eliminated)
1: Nintendude
1: Beta
3: Rykard
3: Icer
5: bcb
5: PiePusher
7: DWD
7: Perfect Agent

Pool 1

Pool 2

Shoutouts to everyone that made this awesome tourney possible for now, real shoutouts later.

Also I'll be uploading vids over the next few days. (Or week)

H0LEintheW0RLD

Smash Rookie
Hey BCB, we accidentally left without my SD Card, when you're done with getting the videos off it could you maybe mail it to me?

andyisjudo

Smash Cadet
Fun tournament, shoutouts later. Also, Only eating an apple and standing most of the time. Tired is the only word that can express myself at the end :p

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
It's not in my wii. I'll check around for it but I'm not sure where it is. Can you remind me what it looks like?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Mauve's pretty legit. Cura's pretty legit as well but so far I'd say they have similar records when comparing Cura at 8th BEST and Mauve at this tourney.

I'd think that Cura would beat Mauve overall, but we won't know unless the two of them face. Either way, congrats to Mauve for winning this.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Mauve is good dude. I'm not sure what sort of stuff went down months ago but players can improve significantly over short time periods. I've seen it happen many times. He handled me and tyrant pretty easily in bracket, so he's got my respect. Not sure who would win between him and Cura.

GGs to everyone. Won't do shoutouts this time because I'm a bit salty for letting Syracuse down, but this experience will help me get better.

Just wanna say good job for Tyrant to coming back and beating me in loser's finals, and especially not giving up in game 4 when I felt I had the set in the bag and let my guard down.

And thanks bcb for hosting a good tournament. I hope to see more, but dayummm, turn that thermostat up. Haha jk.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Pat, you're not good.

Despite my poor performance, i took a game off jamesg, so that was cool. I got so many johns its ridiculous, but lets just say I'll be in a better mindset for 7th best.
:phone:

Dai Luna

Smash Cadet
UbberGeek is a new SU smasher who only plays for fun, and wanted to see what an tournament is like. He plays Rob. That christopher kid I believed played Lucario, and Fox with me in pools, although he probably played one more character. P35 plays Lucas and Rob.

Need to money match ($1)
No Skills
BCB

post shout outs later maybe?
Too much hw

Also the SD card looks... like
and SD card
:D
It's white and it reads "Made for Wii"
I believe it's either 1GB or half

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Found it! We went back to get tables/TVs and they showed it to us. Just lemme know the mailing address in a PM if you haven't already and I'll send it to you.

Also, I gave Sharky a silver GCN controller that was torn up a bit on it's control stick, I think it was Calm's but I can't remember.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
wow really? even if cura did show up i still probably would have won.
LOOOOL. really man. like you are good, im not going to say you arent, but you were never like GREAT in NE and then at the last NY tournament you went to you still woulda lost to cura even if you HAD beat me, which you couldnt do... and im not even as good as cura...

good job winning regardless.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I would have to say, my set against James G was the most intense set I have played. In the end of game 5, when he brought me down to my last stock, all that was in my head was "one more bair, one more bair". Thanks for the set.

I'm also surprised at Zero CD's placement. After playing him in friendlies before the tournament, I was convinced he was going to be in the top 4.

And MetalPat, did you not read what James said about players improving? You beat me at ASX3 in November, yet in the past two tournaments here, I've defeated both Vibe and James G, two players that consistently outplace you. You beating Mauve at 4th BEST back in September doesn't mean he is a lesser player now.

aqua421

Smash Apprentice
LOOOOL. really man. like you are good, im not going to say you arent, but you were never like GREAT in NE and then at the last NY tournament you went to you still woulda lost to cura even if you HAD beat me, which you couldnt do... and im not even as good as cura...

good job winning regardless.
I know I'm not that great, but implying that I can't beat cura because I lost to you one time is dumb. I'm assuming you didn't see my set against cura when I could have been in a really good position game 3 but I choked and killed myself. I also choked against you, I have a problem choking against people who are worse than me. I'm not going to let that get in the way next time.

:phone:

-Cross-

Smash Ace
I'm also surprised at Zero CD's placement. After playing him in friendlies before the tournament, I was convinced he was going to be in the top 4.
:salt: Nothing else can describe what I feel atm. Expect a much better performance at 7th BEST. I may be too salty to even post shoutouts, but in general, I met a lot of cool people, and I'm glad that I got to come out to an event. Let the Mauve-Cura ****talk resume :D

Also No_Skillz, $5 MM at next tourney we are both at (7th BEST?), unless you're too scared :troll:

aqua421

Smash Apprentice
think what you want cura but the reality is that you really wouldn't, and its a shame you didn't go to this so i could prove my point.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
What's with the lack of shoutouts? Let's throw away the salt plz.

First of all, big shoutout to bcb for putting this whole thing together. Turnout could have been better *coughsyracusecough* but I still had a lot of fun and all the Ithaca people agreed that it was worth the drive to attend this event. Overall it was very well run and having pools in both games made the tournament experience much better for everyone.

2: Beta ($22.00) - ggs. You are definitely getting a lot better. Keep it up! We ended up playing like 4 sets at the tournament lol (including Brawl)
3: Rykard ($8.00) - Let's keep training so you can stop losing to Syracuse people!
4: Icer ($4.00) - You were the only person to take a game off of me in the tournament lol.
5: Perfect Agent - CROTCH ROCKET
5: DWD - Nice playing with you. I hope my tips helped you out and I hope you keep at it. I'm looking forward to seeing you improve.

Brawl people:

Adam - Congrats on winning. I'm glad I was able to take you so that Ithaca could keep on repping. Thanks for the games too. I gotta start coming to IC to train.
Tyrant - Thanks for all the friendlies. It was great practice and playing you really helped me figure out what the hell I was doing before the tournament started.
Zero CD - I was really surprised I beat you. ggs
Everyone else I played - ggs

I've been thinking about picking up Brawl again for awhile now and this tournament was definitely motivation. I feel like every set I dropped was very winnable provided I had a little more practice. I literally spent the hour in between Melee bracket and Brawl pools trying to catch-up on 3 years worth of metagame and matchup experience, all with a brand new character. I can guarantee I'll be a lot more prepared for the next one, so watch out;)

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
What's with the lack of shoutouts? Let's throw away the salt plz.

First of all, big shoutout to bcb for putting this whole thing together. Turnout could have been better *coughsyracusecough* but I still had a lot of fun and all the Ithaca people agreed that it was worth the drive to attend this event. Overall it was very well run and having pools in both games made the tournament experience much better for everyone.

2: Beta ($22.00) - ggs. You are definitely getting a lot better. Keep it up! We ended up playing like 4 sets at the tournament lol (including Brawl)
3: Rykard ($8.00) - Let's keep training so you can stop losing to Syracuse people!
4: Icer ($4.00) - You were the only person to take a game off of me in the tournament lol.
5: Perfect Agent - CROTCH ROCKET
5: DWD - Nice playing with you. I hope my tips helped you out and I hope you keep at it. I'm looking forward to seeing you improve.

Brawl people:

Adam - Congrats on winning. I'm glad I was able to take you so that Ithaca could keep on repping. Thanks for the games too. I gotta start coming to IC to train.
Tyrant - Thanks for all the friendlies. It was great practice and playing you really helped me figure out what the hell I was doing before the tournament started.
Zero CD - I was really surprised I beat you. ggs
Everyone else I played - ggs

I've been thinking about picking up Brawl again for awhile now and this tournament was definitely motivation. I feel like every set I dropped was very winnable provided I had a little more practice. I literally spent the hour in between Melee bracket and Brawl pools trying to catch-up on 3 years worth of metagame and matchup experience, all with a brand new character. I can guarantee I'll be a lot more prepared for the next one, so watch out;)
I couldn't thank you more for you bringing the Ithica guys to come. Huge shoutouts to you for driving them.

Also, huge shoutouts to JamesG for bringing Syracuse and Calm for bringing Albany/Troy. You guys are what make having tourneys like this possible.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Cura and Mauve would be cool to see. Can you make 7th BEST Mauve?

Also, Goggles, count me in for that Rochester tournament.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Mauve you took 1 game from me. Sharky has taken games from me. James has beaten me. Don't use 1 game for thinking you ain't butt.

aqua421

Smash Apprentice
Mauve you took 1 game from me. Sharky has taken games from me. James has beaten me. Don't use 1 game for thinking you ain't butt.
if i didn't choke with that inhale game 3 i could have very well taken that set. sharky has taken games from you, james has beaten you, how many times have you played them? most likely a lot more than you have played me. we've played once. don't use 1 set for thinking you are much better than me.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I also wanna get a huge shoutout out there to my dad. He helped me from the very beginning by telling me about the possiblity of a tourney here, then continued to help by getting supplies like tables/chairs/extension cords, organizing the layout and setups, getting that projector up, and getting a couple of the younger kids to learn about Smash Bros. Without him, none of this would've been possible.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Mauve has greatly improved from BEST. Just throwing that out there.

Shoutouts later.

Oh and yeah that controller was mine. Just bring it to 7th BEST Sharky, and don't forget it like that backpack ;).

Top Bottom