• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uthrow Kill Set-up (character specific)

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Found something a while back, isn't very useful in all matchups but is against a few top tiers.

Essentially, it relies on a lack of either air speed or air decelaration (or the ability to change direction in the air in general)

If you uthrow most characters, they retain the mobility to just air dodge, jump, or drift to safety even in a sea of uairs, cans, and gunmen.

However, take Ryu for example. Say you uthrow him, and he jumps away from a uair(or feigned uair).. Ryu has no ability to drift back into the stage, or away from a can. You know exactly where he'll airdodge if he has to, and he has no jump. (Luckily can is multihit so it will break focus)

It's an extremely potent landing trap against these characters, which includes Mewtwo, Ryu, Bayo, and even Diddy Kong.

Often, it will just set up an edgeguard with a fair, maybe a kill with a frisbee combo. But they have no jump, so that's nothing to scoff at.

I thought this was just a bad player or luck thing for the longest time until I actually looked at the character qualities that I got it to work on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom