• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Diatribe

Smash Rookie
Anyone know when PR will be updated for the regional and recent weeklies? I want to see my boy Smerky in top 10

Señior Yoshi

Banned via Warnings
Anyone know where I can find the information regarding the tournaments that are held at the Lehi game grid? I can't seem to find em on the google sheet.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
just a heads up, for this upcoming wednesday weekly (oct. 5) at 801labs, i will be gone for big house. Death Arcana Death Arcana and ForteFreak will take charge. @Lada has volunteered to run wii u bracket.

leave the place better than you found it. i cannot stress this enough! "but it was like that when i got here". that doesn't matter. clean up! no food outside the kitchen! write you name on drinks!

don't leave without telling the TO or bracket runner! be available to play your matches if you're still in bracket! i'm instructing the TOs and bracket runners to DQ with reckless abandon. you must be done, cleaned up, and out by midnight!

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
tuesday provo weekly @ game den results and videos:

ssb4: https://smashboards.com/rankings/2016-10-04-smash-den-weekly-ssb4.15294/event
ssbm: https://smashboards.com/rankings/2016-10-04-smash-den-weekly-ssbm.15295/event

shoutouts to salty doge for making it out again from price, definitely a hidden boss for smash 4. the question is, can he improve faster than people can learn the duck hunt matchup? ;-)

shoutouts to wumph as well! he's a hidden boss for melee. once we get him a setup and he can get his consistency down, watch out! he's already taken sets off of ka-master and fortefreak!

and shoutouts to all the people who traveled from the salt lake area (tss, skynerd, death arcana, final, fortefreak, baklaka, and probably others :-p) to make it down to the weekly! we always love seeing you down here!

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
sorry all. we will officially be cancelling the salt lake wednesday weekly at 801labs (10/12). as always, try to inform as many people as you can.

hylian_buffalo

Smash Rookie
A lot of people may not know me, but my tag is Buffalo. Me and my friends are going to host this fest this Saturday, since there never seems to be anything going on on Saturdays. We live out in Tooele(which is 45 minutes from SLC) so all of the fests we will be hosting will be somewhere in the Tooele area. Our first fest will be this Saturday from 12-7. For now its just going to be at my friends place. Bring a setup if you can(we play smash 4 but feel free to bring melee setup including a tv if possible). If we get enough people to make the trip out here we might make it a more normal event. Message me for the address if you are thinking of coming.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
A lot of people may not know me, but my tag is Buffalo. Me and my friends are going to host this fest this Saturday, since there never seems to be anything going on on Saturdays. We live out in Tooele(which is 45 minutes from SLC) so all of the fests we will be hosting will be somewhere in the Tooele area. Our first fest will be this Saturday from 12-7. For now its just going to be at my friends place. Bring a setup if you can(we play smash 4 but feel free to bring melee setup including a tv if possible). If we get enough people to make the trip out here we might make it a more normal event. Message me for the address if you are thinking of coming.
fyi, there's already an event going on this saturday.

Fizz Khalifa

Smash Rookie
My friend goes to Uni of Utah, and I was wondering if anyone could help him get netplay working. It doesn't seem to work for him and we assume it's because the strict campus internet which he can't portforward. PM me please if you can help! If you can, message me on reddit, u/Fizzlinq, because I will see that but I might forget to check this.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
My friend goes to Uni of Utah, and I was wondering if anyone could help him get netplay working. It doesn't seem to work for him and we assume it's because the strict campus internet which he can't portforward. PM me please if you can help! If you can, message me on reddit, u/Fizzlinq, because I will see that but I might forget to check this.
you can try to talk to either tyson hyland (https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009644050422) or john meister (https://www.facebook.com/john.meister.9028). they're both uofu smasher's that might be able to help you out.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
The Tuesday weekly at game den and Wednesday weekly at 801 labs will be cancelled this week due to thanksgiving. I know there were some people thinking of holding fests in their place, so keep your eye out for them!

Nero577

Smash Rookie
This Thursday there will still be charity event, if you guys want to come on by and support here at Utah State in Logan, hit up the USUeSports page or look up Gamers for Good, a USUesports event on FB

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
just a heads up, there will probably not be a stream tonight (2016-12-07) for the wednesday salt lake weekly at 801labs. some things need to be rearranged at the hackerspace.

Boulay

Smash Rookie
Sup Y'all,

New to Smash in Utah and Smashboards so if there is somewhere I can find all this info please point me to it, but when and where are weeklies and smashfest? Visiting from Washington for a month and jonesin for smash

Smash Journeyman
From what I've heard, the turnout for Melee is usually abysmal.

Edit: Ender and I are going, so You should come by anyway ^_^

Last edited:

Smash Journeyman
Provo usually has decent turnout, plus Ka-Master is usually there.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
New to the competitive scene, can anyone tell me what a "Golden Ratio" payout is?
1st gets 61.8% of the pot, 2nd gets 61.8% of what's left, 3rd gets 61.8% of what's left, and so on until there's no money left in the pot (payouts being rounded out).

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
HI! I'm a WA smasher, and I might be spending a couple months down in Moab this spring. My tag is Kidlink, and I was wondering if someone could tell me about the Moab smash scene.

Taiko~

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shamsy_99
64 POST INCOMING

There's bound to be at least ONE smashboards lurker who hasn't seen the event via the facebook page, so if that happens to be you; There's a 64-exclusive monthly happening on the 25th in Lehi.

Event details: https://goo.gl/jUjEK6

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
so for the wednesday salt lake weekly at 801labs (2017/03/22), we're going to try doing something different. we're going to try using the smash ladder feature on smash.gg and have that feed into a small bracket. please create a smash.gg account if you have not already and please bring a computer or smartphone you can use for the tourney. this is not currently planned to be a permanent change, but let me know what you think and such as we're running it. as always, please try to inform others. thanks!

also, for the monthly this saturday (25th) at university of utah (https://smash.gg/tournament/utah-smash-monthy-march-2017), if you can bring a setup and/or volunteer to help out, please fill in your gamertag in the appropriate tabs on the following google sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UPIWNzPQjSkJTCX0fQBYAsHQ80MfEXcmfVFAoFd3xUU/edit?usp=sharing

if you bring a complete tournament setup for either melee or smash 4, have it set up before 10am for smash 4 and noon for melee, and leave it until the end of the tournament, i will give you $5 reimbursement at the end of the night.

you can also volunteer for reimbursement as well. the reimbursement amount varies depending on what you're willing to do, so see the attached sheet. here are the positions descriptions:

- setup: come early to help me take things from the hackerspace to the university and also help people as they come to the tournament. will probably do heavy lifting.
- breakdown: stay late to help me take things from the university back to the hackerspace and set things up there. will probably do heavy lifting.
- checkin: sit at the checkin desk and check people in, give name badges, handle money, etc.
- melee tourney runner: help call matches, report matches, and other such stuff for the melee side.
- smash 4 tourney runner: help call matches, report matches, and other such stuff for the smash 4 side.
- mc: make announcements and such on the mic.
- stream tech: update scores, players, and other such stuff for stream
- commentators: commentate matches for stream. maybe do an interview or two.

some of these require multiple people, so sign-up even if someone else has signed up. if you are approved to do that position, i will highlight you in green. only pre-approved people will get reimbursed.

reimbursements do stack, but the max reimbursement is your venue fee. so you could get free venue if you bring a setup and help out a little :-p.

Last edited:
Top Bottom