• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
Unfortunately not but, there is a fest in cottonwood heights on Friday. There is a monthly every second Saturday each month.
Where are you located? Maybe you can host a fest

hylian_buffalo

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately not but, there is a fest in cottonwood heights on Friday. There is a monthly every second Saturday each month.
Where are you located? Maybe you can host a fest
I'm from Tooele and unfortunately me and my friends are the only ones. Unless there are more players that I don't know about.

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
I'm from Tooele and unfortunately me and my friends are the only ones. Unless there are more players that I don't know about.
Dang that's pretty far out. Don't know any players from Tooele personally. What game do you play? Maybe you could ask for a fest on Saturday to see how many are interested. We need more fests. They are pretty fun and also free too.

Last edited:

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
Everytime this Okayp dude lays low for a while, this fuccboi does some stupid **** like that FB post to increase his fagatron levels right back up to 10,000.

Sproll

Smash Apprentice
I think it's time to fully transition back to Smashboards. The Facebook group was already bad as it was before that idiot started posting. Fortunately he hasn't been posting on here.

hylian_buffalo

Smash Rookie
Dang that's pretty far out. Don't know any players from Tooele personally. What game do you play? Maybe you could ask for a fest on Saturday to see how many are interested. We need more fests. They are pretty fun and also free too.
Maybe I will in the future. I'm still new to the community. Once I go to a few more fests and tournaments I will. Tooele is only 35 minutes from downtown SLC so maybe someone will come.

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
I met these kids from Lehi on the plane to G3 and I was talking them up, trying to be nice cause they were clearly new. I asked who the mainly played with, what they attended, and how they found the scene etc. They said something like "well.... we go to Okayp's tournaments and play with him mostly. We're NOT his friend though. Like we don't hang out with him or anything, honestly."

At the time I was like damn, why so defensive? I don't give a **** if you are friends with some kid. I understand now why they were so terrified of being associated with him.

Taiko~

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shamsy_99
I met these kids from Lehi on the plane to G3 and I was talking them up, trying to be nice cause they were clearly new. I asked who the mainly played with, what they attended, and how they found the scene etc. They said something like "well.... we go to Okayp's tournaments and play with him mostly. We're NOT his friend though. Like we don't hang out with him or anything, honestly."

At the time I was like damn, why so defensive? I don't give a **** if you are friends with some kid. I understand now why they were so terrified of being associated with him.
lmao

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
Damn, everybody, ease up a little on the kid, isn't he like 15? I remember being 15 and being stupid on the internet, and sure it's behavior that deserves to be made fun of, but I feel like this is going a little too far.

Personally I blame the dank memes. There's never been a more efficient way to have an obnoxious sense of humor.

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
At this point just ignore his posts. I may go to lehi one of these days if I feel like it.
Some of the lehi kids are chill but I forget some of their names and get faces mixed up. Their tourneys weren't too bad in American fork from what I can remember. Okayp is the one I remember **** talking players and making them salty. I believe demodisc was the tourney host for a couple of them. Pretty cheap tourneys too. Also remember a marth player too. Everyone else was too young or didn't really say anything to me.
My experience with the lehi crowd.

Taiko~

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shamsy_99
Damn, everybody, ease up a little on the kid, isn't he like 15? I remember being 15 and being stupid on the internet, and sure it's behavior that deserves to be made fun of, but I feel like this is going a little too far.

Personally I blame the dank memes. There's never been a more efficient way to have an obnoxious sense of humor.
Do I get permission to **** on him then

SB_BlueJay

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts to the entire world for beating Okayp at the provo weekly last night
Also if anybody has a problem with OkayP he doesnt necessarily respond well to defensive gameplay especially if you implement mix-ups. The bigger thing about my set with him is that he didnt really know how to respond how broken fox's full hop is so I really abused that. He has a really shaky anti aerial game. Plus capitalizing off of bad combo DI as well as very predictable tech patterns and neutral. He seemed to have two modes, run in nair and dash dance. Literally just holding ground and holding stage with a low commitment move will go far (just see how many up tilts I get for just holding space.).

Dont get me wrong OkayP has very good execution in what he does and I believe if he focused on one character and work on how his gameplay in general he could start to become better. Dont take him lightly, he's pretty good for a young kid and if we dont respect how he plays he will likely make some upsets happen i.e. Lada at Lehi.

Overall his aggressiveness vs other aggressive playstyles lends him to do pretty well and if he becomes less 1 dimensional in neutral, he could take more sets off of overly aggressive players.

Not trying to ****post, just wanted to give constructive criticism

Last edited:

Taiko~

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shamsy_99
Also if anybody has a problem with OkayP he doesnt necessarily respond well to defensive gameplay especially if you implement mix-ups. The bigger thing about my set with him is that he didnt really know how to respond how broken fox's full hop is so I really abused that. He has a really shaky anti aerial game. Plus capitalizing off of bad combo DI as well as very predictable tech patterns and neutral. He seemed to have two modes, run in nair and dash dance. Literally just holding ground and holding stage with a low commitment move will go far (just see how many up tilts I get for just holding space.).

Dont get me wrong OkayP has very good execution in what he does and I believe if he focused on one character and work on how his gameplay in general he could start to become better. Dont take him lightly, he's pretty good for a young kid and if we dont respect how he plays he will likely make some upsets happen i.e. Lada at Lehi.

Overall his aggressiveness vs other aggressive playstyles lends him to do pretty well and if he becomes less 1 dimensional in neutral, he could take more sets off of overly aggressive players.

Not trying to ****post, just wanted to give constructive criticism
I thought the dashdance nair strat was Stami-exclusive

Taiko~

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shamsy_99
Yooo thanks everyone for coming out to the 64 weekly tonight!

**** ton of people and a lot of them are familiar with the game, glad to see the scene grow around here

wangston

Smash Lord
I moved to Sandy. I live a block away from the Real Stadium. So like 9000s. Should I start smashing up here?

Also there is this.

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
I moved to Sandy. I live a block away from the Real Stadium. So like 9000s. Should I start smashing up here?

Also there is this.

You can start playing with Devon, remi, and Tane for any smash game.
Most play smash 4 and melee. You can pretty much go any where in salt lake county. Trax is convenient to get around.

Show up to the salt lake weekly wangston!
It's on Wednesday and starts at 6pm sign-ups end at 6:30 pm for melee and smash 4 is at 8:30 pm. Occasionally Tane shows up for brawl doubles.

Pyr

Smash Lord
Yo. Anyone else kind of freeze up during tourney? I've found my biggest issue is auto-piloting HARD. Can't seem to break that habit. Anyone have and advice for that? Also, after Evo, I'm free for local play 100% of the time.

Top Bottom